Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2013, 08:54 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,994,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
you want businesses to be able to pay people less than minimum wage.
What?? I guess you don't read my posts well. A business should pay an employee their worth. An employee if they don't feel they are getting paid their worth should move on. Why is that so hard to understand? Are you union or something? If I am working a job and don't feel I'm getting my worth I go look for another as I have done my whole life. That is I guess why I'm not crying about being paid min wage. Maybe folks should stop thinking somebody else should take care of em (government) and go get their own?? I guess that is too much to ask of a liberal. I mean after all nothing is fair and the evil rich folks who have worked their way up should pay for everybody else in your liberal minds. Hey how bout YOU go subsidize some MCD workers salary. YOU do it as you think it's fair right? YOU do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2013, 09:26 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,158,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
What?? I guess you don't read my posts well. A business should pay an employee their worth. An employee if they don't feel they are getting paid their worth should move on. Why is that so hard to understand? Are you union or something? If I am working a job and don't feel I'm getting my worth I go look for another as I have done my whole life. That is I guess why I'm not crying about being paid min wage. Maybe folks should stop thinking somebody else should take care of em (government) and go get their own?? I guess that is too much to ask of a liberal. I mean after all nothing is fair and the evil rich folks who have worked their way up should pay for everybody else in your liberal minds. Hey how bout YOU go subsidize some MCD workers salary. YOU do it as you think it's fair right? YOU do it.
You can do that now with a minimum wage, that has no effect on what an employee is worth except for those making minimum wage. What you are calling for is the ability for businesses to pay below minimum wage and trying to pass it off as a business right, which is a typical Conservative ploy to make it easier to devalue employees and make their worth lower than it should be. Sad part is that it hurts all employees when we try to race to the bottom by allowing employers to pay below minimum wage.

Old 12-08-2013, 09:41 PM

You make no sense at all. NONE. Hey tell my why the min wage shouldn't be fifty bucks an hour? Tell me why that is wrong? Hey why not right? You folks think you know everything how bout a hundred bucks an hour. Now tell my how that would work? I will await your nonsense.............

Old 12-08-2013, 09:47 PM

Quote:
You make no sense at all. NONE. Hey tell my why the min wage shouldn't be fifty bucks an hour? Tell me why that is wrong? Hey why not right? You folks think you know everything how bout a hundred bucks an hour. Now tell my how that would work? I will await your nonsense.............
Well if you are gonna go with $50, why not a billion an hour. thanks for your strawman post.

Old 12-08-2013, 10:02 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,413,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
The minimum wage does not reduce housing prices. it increases housing prices. Increases in minimum wage are largely captured by landlords who increase rents.
If you've got more money, you can afford to pay me more rent.

Ps, you were a day late last month. Don't make it a habit.

Signed,

Your greedy landlord.

Old 12-08-2013, 10:02 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,350,760 times
Here's another idea--how about a minimum tip rate of, say 15% for restaurant servers, bartenders, taxi drivers, etc. You would always have the option of tipping zero, but not 5%, not 10%, not even 14%. Tip 14 pct, and you will get a visit from a pair of guys in suits from the wage & hour division of the dept of labor.

I wonder how servers would feel about such a rule, and whether it would harm or benefit them.

If it's a good idea to legislate this for wage rates, why not for tip rates?

Old 12-08-2013, 10:03 PM

Yes why not a billion dollars an hour? YOU need to answer that question but you can't because you have no idea what you are even talking about. Why not pay everybody a billion an hour lifer? Answer that please............

Old 12-08-2013, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Here's another idea--how about a minimum tip rate of, say 15% for restaurant servers, bartenders, taxi drivers, etc. You would always have the option of tipping zero, but not 5%, not 10%, not even 14%. Tip 14 pct, and you will get a visit from a pair of guys in suits from the wage & hour division of the dept of labor.

I wonder how servers would feel about such a rule, and whether it would harm or benefit them.

If it's a good idea to legislate this for wage rates, why not for tip rates?
I tip about 18-20% so I wouldn't notice, but seeing that many people that make tips receive an hourly wage much lower than minimum wage, we probably should have a minimum tip.

Old 12-08-2013, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Yes why not a billion dollars an hour? YOU need to answer that question but you can't because you have no idea what you are even talking about. Why not pay everybody a billion an hour lifer? Answer that please............
Because it isn't economically feasible to pay people a minimum wage of a billion dollars an hour. your question is why I don't watch 24hr news channels because that is where you are getting such idiotic questions.

Old 12-08-2013, 10:44 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,350,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I tip about 18-20% so I wouldn't notice, but seeing that many people that make tips receive an hourly wage much lower than minimum wage, we probably should have a minimum tip.
I tip about 20% too, but I doubt that most tipped employees would favor a minimum. After all the real minimum, as with the minimum wage, would be zero. I'm setting up a poll to see if I can find out, though, so stay tuned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies