U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 08:10 PM

15,170 posts, read 15,210,720 times

Advertisements

Wasn't he 95.....meh, RIP.

But I agree with the Sheriff.....Mandela was not a MUUURRRCAN, why should we lower our cra**y flag?????????

Old 12-06-2013, 08:12 PM

273 posts, read 328,561 times
Sure, all flags should be at half-mast.

South African flags, that is.

Old 12-06-2013, 08:16 PM

9,962 posts, read 11,815,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Sheriff Rick Clark of Pickens Co South Carolina tweeted that he will refuse President Obama's direction that US flags be lowered to half-staff, in tribute to Nelson Mandela:

South Carolina Sheriff Refuses To Lower Flag For Mandela

Clark's stated reason? Mandela's not an Amurrikin, he-yuck he-yuck.

Stay classy, SC...
Mandela was a murderous communist savage.

In his own words.

Nelson Mandela kill Whites - YouTube

And the left gushes love.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 12-07-2013 at 07:39 AM.. Reason: flaming

Old 12-06-2013, 08:19 PM

229 posts, read 191,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Wasn't he 95.....meh, RIP.

But I agree with the Sheriff.....Mandela was not a MUUURRRCAN, why should we lower our cra**y flag?????????
I don't understand what you mean by saying Muuurrrcan and cra**y flag:confused? I may be wrong,but is this an insult to America?

Old 12-06-2013, 08:25 PM

19,580 posts, read 7,957,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
Lowering the American flag should be reserved for Americans.

Period.
I disagree. Lowering the American flag is a sign of respect and should no way be limited to just our country. Respect should include the world and those who have tried to change it for the better. We should pay homage to these special individuals.

Old 12-06-2013, 09:00 PM

11,634 posts, read 17,044,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Flags are flown at half-mast on boats. Otherwise, it's half-staff.

Now you know even more.
You're welcome.
Thanks
I like to learn.

Old 12-06-2013, 09:01 PM

11,634 posts, read 17,044,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
When Fidel Castro dies, I bet Obama will order the flags be lowered all the way to the ground.
lol, you making me laugh!

Old 12-06-2013, 09:04 PM

8,743 posts, read 5,551,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I disagree. Lowering the American flag is a sign of respect and should no way be limited to just our country. Respect should include the world and those who have tried to change it for the better. We should pay homage to these special individuals.
We have always lowered the flag out of respect and to honor former presidents/leaders who passed away, except it is only done at the WH. No different than other countries that lower the flag in respect at the building that is the heart of government (such as Downing Square). From what I have read, other than Obama, no country was ordered to lower the flag in honor of Mandela. Countries go national and order the flag to be lowered when it is one of their own.

Old 12-06-2013, 09:13 PM

179 posts, read 168,867 times
If you do it for 1 then do it for all. Be consistent and I have no complaints. I'd rather not honor a foreign person by lowering our flag. Let's come up with something else.

Old 12-06-2013, 09:15 PM

8,743 posts, read 5,551,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
This is ridiculous. To lower the American Flag to half-staff in honor of a man whose belief system was the complete opposite of that of the Founding Fathers of MY country...

I am sure -- and respect the fact -- that Mandela was an heroic figure to many. But he isn't to me. Or to millions of others who have seen what his "vision" of South Africa actually turned into.

The only thing I am going to lower tonite is my pants when I get undressed to go to bed, and never give that guy a thought....

Let's be honest. South Africa -- in the days of apartheid -- was the most prosperous on the continent. Blacks from other counties were trying to gain entry because they enjoyed more freedom, security, and higher wages, than in the black-run nations they came from. Why else would they have tried to flood into the country? Easy. They were fleeing something farrrrrr worse.

Rant and rave -- call it racist 'til hell freezes over all one wants to -- but that is the truth. No amount of sugar-coating is going to change it. Although one can bet their sweet ass that no white leftie is going to go over there and live! HAHAHAHA

South Africa today is a third-world country. And predictable as a sunrise. But that's ok, isn't it? There is no more apartheid...which is always the most important thing, right?
Did you live in SA during apartheid?

If you recall the US prospered during slavery, just like SA did.

I had the unfortunate pleasure of attending a gathering where there were several white SAs who fled SA when apartheid was coming to an end. He reminisced about the "good old days" when he was a police officer. He couldn't recall how many blacks he beat to near death, but he did have a belt with notches on it for those that he killed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies