U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-07-2013, 11:47 PM
 
135 posts, read 256,019 times
Reputation: 72

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nealrm View Post
That's an incredibly stupid statement, and I do mean stupid. For a president to make such a statement only show that he is a fool.
He wasn't the president when he made that statement 5 years ago, but I agree he and John McCain who made a similar statement are both fools for suggesting the link.

Fact Checker - Dr. Obama and Dr. McCain

The current adimistration (ie, those that actually run the programs related to issues like these) is firm that there is not link between autism and vaccines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-07-2013, 11:49 PM
 
1,825 posts, read 1,165,099 times
Reputation: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
It is sad that, that population is far out numbered by the sheep who believe 1 party or the other actually cares about we the people. Look at all the people who voted for Bush twice and Obama twice.

People who say the risk justifies the few who are harmed have the luxury of not having a child who was harmed. I have an Autistic child. I would love to know what causes it. Everyone should... It is an epidemic...

My child was advanced until she hit 18 months and lost it all literally over night. Did vaccines do it? Was it a reaction to the vaccines? I don't know. What I do know is that I don't trust the AMA, the CDC or the pharmaceutical companies to tell the truth. Why can I get flu shot with no side effects and my brother get very sick? Maybe it isn't as safe as they would like us all to believe.

I have had just about any and every vaccines the Military could cook up. I only got sick from the Typhoid shots. I know there who got sick from the small pox vaccine.
I think about the Gulf War I vets who got sick from the drugs they were ordered to take. Yeah the CDC and pharmaceutical companies said those drugs were safe too.
First off there is no proven link between autism and vaccines. Secondly what we do know is that vaccines prevent a whole lot of nasty illnesses from floating around the population.

The proof is in the results as seen in this item.



Chances are millions of lives have been saved or dramatically altered by vaccines. However we are becoming an increasingly science optional country and you can see it by the re-emergency of measles and pertussis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2013, 11:49 PM
 
8,806 posts, read 5,344,101 times
Reputation: 3675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
So do the diseases they prevent.

Everything has risk. You have to ask yourself what you'd rather risk. The side effects from the vaccine or the life long issues of the disease. Before vaccines it was common for children to die. Today it's uncommon.

What is really sad here is not that the anti vaccers risk their kids, it's that they also risk those who cannot be vaccinated and those for whom vaccines are ineffective but I'm sure they don't care about that.
Horse hocky .... I had the measels, mumps, and chickenpox as a child, and I've enjoyed the benefit of the immune system that those childhood diseases help build, and I'm now 56 years old ... taking no medications, and haven't had the need for medical care or even a doctor's office visit in 30 years.

The reality is, when I was a kid, these things were COMMON .. and nobody went into a panic. It was part of growing up, and I never heard of anyone suffering severe reactions, let alone death, for god sake. That crap is propaganda from the vaccine pushers. Every kid got these illnesses ... and yes, they were not pleasant ... but we also didn't suffer autism, childhood diabetes, asthma, arthitis, ADHD, and other neurological malfunctions that are at epidemic levels today. You stupid people and your vaccine idiocy are beyond hope. Just take your doses of poison, and leave the smart people alone!!!

But the article said 175 cases .. in 9 "outbreaks" .... oooooh be scared, be very scared!! When I was a kid, every kid in the whole damned school got this stuff, and we all survived!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2013, 11:50 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,897,953 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egbert View Post
What do you expect when you have an increasingly large portion of society that doesn't believe in science.
Whose science and paid for by who? A good many shrinks believed in Freud for a long time. Not so many now.
Is the science a matter of the ends justify the means? It is acceptable for X amount of children to be harmed because Y amount aren't. easy to say until it happens to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2013, 11:54 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,897,953 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egbert View Post
First off there is no proven link between autism and vaccines. Secondly what we do know is that vaccines prevent a whole lot of nasty illnesses from floating around the population.

The proof is in the results as seen in this item.



Chances are millions of lives have been saved or dramatically altered by vaccines. However we are becoming an increasingly science optional country and you can see it by the re-emergency of measles and pertussis.
Please show me where I said that vaccines do cause autism. I said that I don't know. Second of all treated drinking water v.s drinking out of polluted rivers and streams more than likely contributed to the gains we have seen. I suspect living conditions are as big a factor as the vaccines are. It hasn't all been about vaccines.
Hey if you want to put your faith in the CDC, Pharmaceutical companies and the AMA feel free. The AMA has about as much integrity in medicine as the AKC does in registered dogs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2013, 11:55 PM
 
Location: ATX-HOU
10,218 posts, read 6,498,374 times
Reputation: 2033
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
It is sad that, that population is far out numbered by the sheep who believe 1 party or the other actually cares about we the people. Look at all the people who voted for Bush twice and Obama twice.

People who say the risk justifies the few who are harmed have the luxury of not having a child who was harmed. I have an Autistic child. I would love to know what causes it. Everyone should... It is an epidemic...

My child was advanced until she hit 18 months and lost it all literally over night. Did vaccines do it? Was it a reaction to the vaccines? I don't know. What I do know is that I don't trust the AMA, the CDC or the pharmaceutical companies to tell the truth. Why can I get flu shot with no side effects and my brother get very sick? Maybe it isn't as safe as they would like us all to believe.

I have had just about any and every vaccines the Military could cook up. I only got sick from the Typhoid shots. I know there who got sick from the small pox vaccine.
I think about the Gulf War I vets who got sick from the drugs they were ordered to take. Yeah the CDC and pharmaceutical companies said those drugs were safe too.
Then who do you trust?!!?!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2013, 11:56 PM
 
1,825 posts, read 1,165,099 times
Reputation: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Whose science and paid for by who? A good many shrinks believed in Freud for a long time. Not so many now.
Is the science a matter of the ends justify the means? It is acceptable for X amount of children to be harmed because Y amount aren't. easy to say until it happens to you.
The science is paid for by a whole lot of people from private individuals and institutions to the government. Trying to come up with a follow the money approach ignores the fact that we have been using vaccines for decades and they have saved millions of lives and improved millions more. No one is being crippled by polio in the US anymore and measles had until recently been eliminated in North America until people decided to chance their child getting measles from a foreign source on a mistrust of medicine and science there is a similar situation with pertussis as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2013, 12:00 AM
Status: "MAGA" (set 14 days ago)
 
Location: New Jersey
10,510 posts, read 6,002,817 times
Reputation: 10314
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
It is sad that, that population is far out numbered by the sheep who believe 1 party or the other actually cares about we the people. Look at all the people who voted for Bush twice and Obama twice.

People who say the risk justifies the few who are harmed have the luxury of not having a child who was harmed. I have an Autistic child. I would love to know what causes it. Everyone should... It is an epidemic...

My child was advanced until she hit 18 months and lost it all literally over night. Did vaccines do it? Was it a reaction to the vaccines? I don't know. What I do know is that I don't trust the AMA, the CDC or the pharmaceutical companies to tell the truth. Why can I get flu shot with no side effects and my brother get very sick? Maybe it isn't as safe as they would like us all to believe.

I have had just about any and every vaccines the Military could cook up. I only got sick from the Typhoid shots. I know there who got sick from the small pox vaccine.
I think about the Gulf War I vets who got sick from the drugs they were ordered to take. Yeah the CDC and pharmaceutical companies said those drugs were safe too.
Vaccines, like any medical intervention, have a different effect on different people at different times. There are cases in which the vaccine court has determined that certain vaccines did in fact cause autism in sustainable children. Do certain vaccines save lives? Of course, but just like anything else, I think there is a limit and a balance that must be applied.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2013, 12:04 AM
 
8,244 posts, read 7,176,940 times
Reputation: 7773
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
There are a whole lot of moms with autistic kids who also dismiss that. So yeah, there needs to be more research on this. Good for Obama.
And the focus needs to be on the kids who come up autistic. What triggered it when millions of others don't "catch" autism from a shot. Including the autistic kid's siblings.

Autism is on the "rise' because it used to be called anything BUT autism, as in: schizophrenic, retarded, hyper active, mentally disturbed, etc.

The diagnostic classification is more fine tuned in this day and age so everyone who WOULD have been coined schizo, psycho, retarded, mentally delayed, hyper nuts, socially diminished, etc., back in the day? When they weren't? They NOW get the "autistic" label.

It's not new and didn't show itself with the advent of vaccinations. You just can't lock your kid in the attic or basement any longer if he/she doesn't "fit it".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2013, 12:04 AM
 
1,825 posts, read 1,165,099 times
Reputation: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Please show me where I said that vaccines do cause autism. I said that I don't know. Second of all treated drinking water v.s drinking out of polluted rivers and streams more than likely contributed to the gains we have seen. I suspect living conditions are as big a factor as the vaccines are. It hasn't all been about vaccines.
Hey if you want to put your faith in the CDC, Pharmaceutical companies and the AMA feel free. The AMA has about as much integrity in medicine as the AKC does in registered dogs.
Vaccines don't cause autism. Since you said you were curious about its causes I figured I would let you know. It is far more likely coal fired power plants around the world are the cause of autism due to mercury and the food chain then mercury in vaccines but neither is really likely.

Furthermore, it really has been about vaccines though public health measures are great they don't do what vaccines do. The obvious example of this is Polio. Polio emerged in a period when public health measures were being seriously implemented and was a major issue right up until the 1950s well into a period when public health and sanitation measures were really good in the US relatively speaking. The vaccine was what wiped it out. There is no disputing that. Vaccines are what wipe out disease because they protect the host population so effectively.

Last edited by Egbert; 12-08-2013 at 12:19 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top