U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 12:47 AM

15,087 posts, read 11,589,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I would argue that more effort has been put into trying to prove no link exists instead of trying to find an actual cause.

You brought up mercury. If the doctor told you Hey I'm going to give your kid a shot with mercury in it. What would you have said or say?
I would say sure and right after you do that I'll give you a shot with lead in it from my 45.
As I have said I don't know that Vaccines have anything to do with autism. What I do know is that Pharmaceutical companies get away with a lot and with the full support of the fed.
What I would like to see is real money, real effort applied to finding the cause. It's too late for my daughter, but I seek to save others from that fate.
I'll bet you give your kid tuna fish sandwiches, which contain far more mercury than most childhood vaccines, while yammering on about the mercury in shots.
It's too late for my son as well, but I'm not buying into any paranoid global conspiracy theories.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2013, 12:49 AM

1,825 posts, read 1,170,271 times
Quote:
I would argue that more effort has been put into trying to prove no link exists instead of trying to find an actual cause.

You brought up mercury. If the doctor told you Hey I'm going to give your kid a shot with mercury in it. What would you have said or say?
I would say sure and right after you do that I'll give you a shot with lead in it from my 45.
As I have said I don't know that Vaccines have anything to do with autism. What I do know is that Pharmaceutical companies get away with a lot and with the full support of the fed.
What I would like to see is real money, real effort applied to finding the cause. It's too late for my daughter, but I seek to save others from that fate.
Considering the alternatives of contracting the measles virus and the fact their there is probably a higher concentration in a tuna melt I wouldn't be too worried. What does surprise me is that if people are so concerned about mercury being put into the environment for consumption why don't they try to shut down all coal fired power plants, that is about as logical as going after vaccines.

Old 12-08-2013, 12:50 AM

8,291 posts, read 7,227,726 times
Quote:
Only none of that existed in our clan. Hmmm
The point is that something has caused a drastic increase over the last 20 years and little effort has been applied to finding the actual cause. Hmmm why not?
That's what my SIL and BIL said.

Until they asked.

Did you even bother to look?

No one said it was obvious or was a nightly dinner table conversation. Hmmmm.

Old 12-08-2013, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
No Egbert ... the fact is, I'll be lucky to even make two posts combatting this balderdash bedore the thread is shut down, because the vaccine LIE is one of the most sacred lies of all.

The truth is, vaccines have caused more harm than any single medical intervention in history, and there is not one iota of actual evidence that vaccinea has provided a single benefit, let alone erradicated a single disease.

Smallpox is the mother of vaccines, and what a ***** she was ... causing massive death in every vaccinated region in Europe until public outrage caused the ghouls in charge to stop mandatory vacxinations. Every place that had mandetory vaccinations suffered DRAMATICALLY higher incidence and death rates compared to unvaccinated communities.

The reality is that smallpox was naturally erradicated by better hygiene, and sanitation, and the vaccine did nothing but weaken peoples immune system, making them more vulnerable to the disease. The vaccine couldn't have worked, because it used "cowpox" virua as the active ingrwdient, which was not at all the smallpox virus.

Are you one of the paid shills ... or just one of the clueless sheep?
Can you back any of your claims up?

You can't.

Not from a source that doesn't have some "natural pill" to shill out, anyway.

Old 12-08-2013, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
I'll bet you give your kid tuna fish sandwiches, which contain far more mercury than most childhood vaccines, while yammering on about the mercury in shots.
It's too late for my son as well, but I'm not buying into any paranoid global conspiracy theories.
Far more. And probably doesn't understand the difference between ethyl and methyl mercury either.

Let 'em be.

They just need to thank the rest of us who DO vax, so their little precious ones don't walk around with their skin falling off.

Old 12-08-2013, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I have heard various reports of diseases decreasing long before vaccines, yet every chart of "proof" that I see shows the vaccine and the incidence rate just before the vaccine, but not 10 years or so before. I would like to see some charts showing a 10 to 20 year progression before the vaccine.
Again Polio is basically the thing that shows diseases would not go away w/o vaccines. Polio wasn't really causing big epidemics in the west until the late 19th century right around when public health measures were being implemented, I have heard some people speculate that this was because before such measures children were more effective at developing natural immunity but I am not sure. After 1880 it became a huge issue and got worse and worse right up until the 1950s when a vaccine was developed and Polio was eliminated from the US.

Old 12-08-2013, 01:10 AM

1,551 posts, read 1,857,801 times
"Studies have shown that among identical twins, if one child has autism, then the other will be affected about 75% of the time. In non-identical twins, if one child has autism, then the other has autism about 3% of the time."

About Autism (The MARBLES Study - UCDavis)

Of course, I don't know the answer(s), but it's kind of an amazing contrast.

Old 12-08-2013, 01:14 AM

Quote:
It's just as likely that the settlement to seal those records hurt the pro-vaccine pushers, and not the victims. In any event, I sincerely doubt that the vaccine court would order, and the pharmaceutical company would pay, as substantial amount of money if there was no merit to the plaintiff's claims.
We don't really know what they say in those records. Furthermore, there may well have been merit to the plaintiff's claims, but what claims they won on and why they won we cannot say. Again it could be a manufacturing defect in a small set of vaccines, who knows.

Basically we can speculate about this all we want, but it has no more purpose then guessing what is buried under the Sphinx since neither of us actually know. On the other hand what we do know is that there are a lot of very talented people in a great variety of institutions, all with stellar training that basically say there is likely no link. I seriously doubt a conspiracy that large could exist and not be common knowledge and what we do know is that vaccines provide strong protection against a number of horrible diseases, like measles, and those diseases often have such serious ramifications if they are contracted. Given that, logic would suggest that it is not a bad idea to ensure you and your family get vaccinated.

Old 12-08-2013, 01:40 AM

10,218 posts, read 6,535,532 times
Quote:
Not sure exactly what you're talking about but as a general matter I get my information from a variety of sources and apply critical thinking to determine which version, if any, is the closest to the truth.
This is a thread about vaccinations, so I'm talking vaccinations.

So with your critical thinking skills, what are wrong with vaccinations? We don't have complete knowledge about our immune system, but enough to have an understanding of why vaccinations work.

Quote:

I would say shoot me up. I know the amount of mercury in there is nothing compared to what we get from our food and naturally from the environment.

Old 12-08-2013, 01:53 AM

15,087 posts, read 11,589,958 times
Quote:

Originally Posted by MJJersey

Not sure exactly what you're talking about but
as a general matter I get my information from a variety of sources and apply
critical thinking to determine which version, if any, is the closest to the
truth.
Did these critical thinking skills of yours extend to the fact that vaccines like MMRs don't contain thimerosal and never did?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies