Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 08:00 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,856,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
Careers pursuing immortality.
Careers pursuing the colonization of space.
And careers supporting those careers.

People who didn't work would be put in prisons...which would be converted to farms...so that those prisoners could feed themselves, or not. I'm not particularly religious...but I really do think that those who refuse to work don't deserve to eat. And, if humans must work, we must ask ourselves...what exactly are we working towards?

Not for more money for ourselves.
Not national power.
Not fame.

It's a good thing I don't have my way as 70% of people would be locked up and left to die.

But that's life. We'll get there eventually. And to all you who do nothing all day, or do 'something' that is indeed absolutely nothing....you don't deserve the life you have. You're a waste. Die already...you waste valuable resources, stuffing your face, enjoying your material possessions, sustaining a life you have no idea the potential of.

Many humans are ready for the next chapter in all this. Die or work for it.

And be thankful we don't outright go and kill you...

It's Saturday.

Remember, the doctor wants you to take your meds on any day that ends with a "Y".

Please do.

Old 12-07-2013, 09:02 AM

295 posts, read 358,865 times
Ah, date night with the brown bottle.

Old 12-07-2013, 09:19 AM

2,801 posts, read 2,309,108 times
So what happens when they solve the immortality issue? Is this only for special people ?? What do all those people that were working on it do now? You do understand colonizing space is nothing like planetary colonization.

What do YOU do for mankind that is so special ??

Old 12-07-2013, 09:36 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
Careers pursuing immortality.
Careers pursuing the colonization of space.
And careers supporting those careers.

People who didn't work would be put in prisons...which would be converted to farms...so that those prisoners could feed themselves, or not. I'm not particularly religious...but I really do think that those who refuse to work don't deserve to eat. And, if humans must work, we must ask ourselves...what exactly are we working towards?

Not for more money for ourselves.
Not national power.
Not fame.

It's a good thing I don't have my way as 70% of people would be locked up and left to die.

But that's life. We'll get there eventually. And to all you who do nothing all day, or do 'something' that is indeed absolutely nothing....you don't deserve the life you have. You're a waste. Die already...you waste valuable resources, stuffing your face, enjoying your material possessions, sustaining a life you have no idea the potential of.

Many humans are ready for the next chapter in all this. Die or work for it.

And be thankful we don't outright go and kill you...
Well, no offense, but I don't think your brilliant idea would really work out. Back to the drawing board OR the Sci Fi channel, whichever comes first.

Old 12-07-2013, 11:26 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,407,529 times
Default THANK YOU, dubdub.

Mr. Dub, this post really puts all of your other written opinions in context. Thank you. Now we know to accord them all due respect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies