U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 09:48 AM

10,946 posts, read 7,985,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
American Thinker would never publish an article that said ANYTHING positive about Obama.
Yes, I did read it.
Why do I care? Because I'm concerned about my fellow human beings. My compassion doesn't end at the border.
Does your compassion end at the right for those disagreeing with to have their voices heard?

It appears so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2013, 09:51 AM

10,875 posts, read 6,587,394 times
Any post that gets this many Bots to respond with ridicule is a threat to them.

How many are paid OFA employees?

Old 12-08-2013, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
It's been challenged over 40 times with standing, do you really think this will be any different?

Insanity is trying the same thing over and over while expecting different results.

Especially when the articles only challenge to the bill, data from studies, and other countries implementing health care to help less advantaged people (and I quote) is "smoke-and-mirrors, intentional data overload and obfuscation, trivial detail, and unnecessary complexity all for the purpose of keeping We the Patients confuse." Courts, and normal people, don't take kindly to dismissing evidence with hand waving and conspiracies.

I wonder if this will be like the birther issue. Where birthers jumped at each new claim that this challenge would work, for years. Yet they still have hope for Trump and Arpaio years after failing their deadlines, and doing anything more than make claims in press conferences.
Perhaps it is more akin to any liberal attempts to control others that is thwarted by the will of the people.

These liberals just keep trying the same thing with other names and words and slurs until they get at least part of what they want. Kind of like Obama.

Old 12-08-2013, 09:56 AM

Quote:
You keep saying this, yet I haven't seen you put your beliefs into practice yet.

Please tell us how you voluntarily stopped paying any tax, and the government is okay with it.
Just because the government is not "okay" with it does not make it wrong. After all, they are not "okay" with anyone questioning them (see Obama). This does not make it wrong.

Old 12-08-2013, 10:09 AM

30,131 posts, read 15,685,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Any post that gets this many Bots to respond with ridicule is a threat to them.

How many are paid OFA employees?
I imagine there are quite a few of them on here. One can always tell by their posts. They go to extremes to try to 'sell' ObamaCare and use arguments that come directly from Democrat 'talking points' that we here the Democrat pundits and strategists make day in and day out on the news shows, and the President's Press Conferences. They are so obvious.

Old 12-08-2013, 10:20 AM

27,901 posts, read 37,925,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I imagine there are quite a few of them on here. One can always tell by their posts. They go to extremes to try to 'sell' ObamaCare and use arguments that come directly from Democrat 'talking points' that we here the Democrat pundits and strategists make day in and day out on the news shows, and the President's Press Conferences. They are so obvious.
Here's a talking point you should pay particular attention to: ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES.

Old 12-08-2013, 10:24 AM

30,131 posts, read 15,685,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
American Thinker would never publish an article that said ANYTHING positive about Obama.
Yes, I did read it.
Why do I care? Because I'm concerned about my fellow human beings. My compassion doesn't end at the border.
The "border?" Who's talking about the border?

Compassion is not shoving an unworkable, very expensive, and discriminatory system, that lowers the quality of our health care, down the throats of an unwilling populace for political reasons.

If you are so concerned about your "fellow human beings" you would want them to have the best health care available, based on state of the art technology in medicine, and medical equipment.

That isn't what ObamaCare does, but it will reduce quality of care, availability of care, innovation of new products and drugs (because of the high taxes included in ObamaCare on such things), and bureaucrats will be making decisions about your treatment, not you and your doctor.

That isn't compassion, and if you think it is, you have a strange deffinition of it.

And your typical response leads me to suspect you are an OFA volunteer, pushing this horse manure as as your Dear Leader has enlisted you to do.

Thinking people are able to see the foolishness (and the politics) of this scheme. It isn't about compassion; it's about control. You know it, and I know it.

Old 12-10-2013, 05:23 AM

13,141 posts, read 9,223,353 times
Quote:
You keep saying this, yet I haven't seen you put your beliefs into practice yet.

Please tell us how you voluntarily stopped paying any tax, and the government is okay with it.
If you are a non-taxpayer, you are not liable to pay the tax.
Why ask me?
Ask your public servants to explain how and when you changed your untaxable rights to live, work, and absolutely own private property into taxable privileges.
"The revenue laws are a code or system in regulation of tax assessment and collection. They relate to taxpayers, and not to nontaxpayers. The latter are without their scope. No procedure is prescribed for nontaxpayers, and no attempt is made to annul any of their rights and remedies in due course of law. With them Congress does not assume to deal, and they are neither of the subject nor of the object of the revenue laws..."
Economy Plumbing & Heating v. U.S., 470 F2d. 585 (1972)

Old 12-10-2013, 05:58 AM

10,875 posts, read 6,587,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Here's a talking point you should pay particular attention to: ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES.
They sure will in 2014.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or