Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 02:07 PM

37,170 posts, read 19,194,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
There are no, none, zero, zip, nada, Christians that want a theocracy, or a theocratic state. If you are looking to find a cult group that advocates for a theocracy, look toward Islam. That is what Islam and Muslims want. It is their goal to unite the entire world under an Islamic Caliphate. And they are at work here in America to Islamicize America. That's why they advocate for Sharia Law here.

Christians value Liberty, and they support and cherish our Constitutional government, as founded. If you can name any Christian group that advocates for a theocracy, do so.

If you can't, then shut your pie hole.
After the Satanists, the Muslims may be the next ones to want a display there. A small minaret, maybe. And if the law isn't repealed, they will be eligible to have it, and that's a good thing.

That's what makes us America.

Apparently you have never heard of Christian Exodus.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/...movement_x.htm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2013, 02:08 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,463,404 times
Quote:
There are no, none, zero, zip, nada, Christians that want a theocracy, or a theocratic state. If you are looking to find a cult group that advocates for a theocracy, look toward Islam. That is what Islam and Muslims want. It is their goal to unite the entire world under an Islamic Caliphate. And they are at work here in America to Islamicize America. That's why they advocate for Sharia Law here.

Christians value Liberty, and they support and cherish our Constitutional government, as founded. If you can name any Christian group that advocates for a theocracy, do so.

Here's your pie and Christians who want a theocracy:

American Theocracy: Who Wants to Turn America into a Theocracy?

Fred Rich: Breaking News: 34% of Your Fellow Citizens Want a Theocracy
Poll: 34% of Your Fellow Citizens Want a Theocracy

Old 12-07-2013, 02:20 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
Quote:
There are no, none, zero, zip, nada, Christians that want a theocracy, or a theocratic state.
No, you just want your little religious monuments put up and worshiped on state owned property. That only happens in theocracies.

Quote:
Christians value Liberty, and they support and cherish our Constitutional government, as founded.
So you're fine with the Satanic Temple erecting their monument right next to the 10 Commandments, right? I'd like to see a whole bunch more non-Christian religions follow suit. I think the Muslims should be next. That would be awesome. (I bet seeing their Christian monument sitting next to the Satanic one will have Oklahoma rethinking their law soon. )

Quote:
For someone who professes to love the Constitution you're having a little trouble with that whole freedom of speech thingie, huh?

Old 12-07-2013, 02:29 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,865 times
Quote:

They don't have to name one. They simply repeat the accusation often enough and loud enough that it sticks. That's what they do with everything.

Where's the evidence that conservatives want to deny people healthcare? That conservatives are out for the rich and don't care about the poor? That conservatives are racist? That conservatives want women barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen? That conservatives want dirty air and water? That conservatives use Fox News to disseminate lies?

There is none. But you don't need any evidence if you can convince people that's true without any. And that's what they do. If you hear the same thing said by college professors, politicians, celebrities, and mainstream media, then it sinks in. It doesn't matter that there is never any evidence backing it up. Eventually you just reach a point that you've heard it so much that you figure it must be true. And each new person who accepts it and begins repeating it contributes more to the next person accepting it.

Old 12-07-2013, 02:37 PM

37,170 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
They don't have to name one. They simply repeat the accusation often enough and loud enough that it sticks. That's what they do with everything.

Where's the evidence that conservatives want to deny people healthcare? That conservatives are out for the rich and don't care about the poor? That conservatives are racist? That conservatives want women barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen? That conservatives want dirty air and water? That conservatives use Fox News to disseminate lies?

There is none. But you don't need any evidence if you can convince people that's true without any. And that's what they do. If you hear the same thing said by college professors, politicians, celebrities, and mainstream media, then it sinks in. It doesn't matter that there is never any evidence backing it up. Eventually you just reach a point that you've heard it so much that you figure it must be true. And each new person who accepts it and begins repeating it contributes more to the next person accepting it.
We already named several - check the links
Ted Cruz The GOP ran Romney/Ryan in 2012 and there are still a lot of them who think the Ryan budget proposal is sound. Also, food stamps were cut for millions of people, leaving hungry children in the wake of the legislation HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Last edited by cuebald; 12-07-2013 at 03:14 PM..

Old 12-07-2013, 02:39 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Good. It's always good to see the right's theocratic tendencies blow up in their faces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post

The ease with which you guys lie is astounding. What's it like to pretend that objective reality does not exist?

Old 12-07-2013, 02:54 PM

11,780 posts, read 5,792,331 times
OK - I'm not a conservative or a Republican but a Democrat. But I personally don't think this is funny. This country has gone so "politically right" that we are losing the very basis of what America is and what Americans are.

I now have to press one for English - excuse me but if you choose to live here - learn to speak it.

Christianity in all forms have been the basis of this country - but we now can't have religious holiday decorations ect.. because it offends someone - too bad - you chose to live in this country deal with it. We let you practice your religion here without consequences - unlike other counties where you have to worship behind closed doors.

No wonder so many Americans are leaving the US - we have become nothing more than a dumping ground and are scared of offending someone - yet they have no qualms about forcing their beliefs on us.

Old 12-07-2013, 03:00 PM

7,358 posts, read 6,526,600 times
I'm pretty darn Christian myself, but I don't care. You want to worship someone else? Fine, just don't force me to. If you want to open a public meeting with a prayer to Allah, or Satan, or Buddha, fine, just don't expect me to do anything more than remain silent, but I do expect the same of you when it's my turn to pray to my God.

Old 12-07-2013, 03:09 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times
Quote:

How the religious right plans to turn the United States into a theocracy - Orlando liberal | Examiner.com

Old 12-07-2013, 03:11 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
What? Wait a minute. When we said we wanted to have religious displays on public property we didn't mean just any religion!
Exactly!!
We only want the displays of OUR religion. Only heathens have other religions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies