U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2013, 04:04 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
I never said buy!!! they would be free.. all those drug addicts would not be going to jail, the money saved on prosecuting and court time, public defenders, jailing etc would go to fund the drug parks.. some of the money generated by legal marijuana sales could go to fund the parks, and then the cops can focus on real crime like the girl who just got raped down the street while the cops were processing a drug offence..
Nothing is free. Someone would have to pay the poppy growers, the chemists making LSD and PCP and meth.

I who use zero drugs, not even the over-the-counter type should not have to get up and go to work so a bunch of losers can lay around in a drug park getting stoned on my dime. Nor should I have to pay for their free rehab.

Let those who want the drugs pay not only their drug costs, but their medical care costs and rehab costs, they shouldn't get a dime of tax money.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2013, 04:06 PM

19,237 posts, read 11,145,594 times
Too bad we can't teach people to just be happy with life and learn how to cope, and how to be responsible... ok back to my beer... no- but seriously it's sad to see people addicted, and the crime that goes with the drugs,- death, torture, rapes, weird ***t, and monetary loss..

Old 12-13-2013, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
While you're at it, why not make alcohol free too.. After all alcohol can be addicting. What about sex? Sex addicts need their park too. Some have called pedophilia an addiction as well. Gambling parks anyone? Is there any end to this?
Yes -- I'd rather have free beer -- I might like to have a beer now and then. Or how about free coffee? I'm kind of addicted to coffee. Or how about the cat addicts -- let the taxpayers buy them cat food and kitty litter.

Why would only those who enjoy getting stoned out of their minds enjoy having it all be free? What about things others enjoy? If someone enjoys traveling, they have to pay for it themselves. If you want to own horses, you have to pay for them yourself.

Old 12-13-2013, 04:12 PM

In a way legal krokodil could solve a whole lot of problems. Just let the dealers sell it and get it to the addicts. It gets the addict a quick high for little money -- that's all the addicts really care about. It will get them off the streets and into their graves in little time.

The problem with legal cocaine and heroin is that once someone is addicted, they need larger and larger amounts of money to satisfy their addictions. The addicts very often are incapable of working to support their habits which is why they commit violent crimes.

Would the government start allowing it's addicts to consume $1000 worth of drugs a day that taxpayers would have to provide for them?

Old 12-13-2013, 04:16 PM

9,833 posts, read 5,591,983 times
I'm addicted to going to the shooting range myself.. I usually shoot up a couple hundred bucks a week. Shouldn't the government pay for my addiction and provide my ammunition as well?

Old 12-13-2013, 04:17 PM

13,624 posts, read 10,700,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Nothing is free. Someone would have to pay the poppy growers, the chemists making LSD and PCP and meth.

I who use zero drugs, not even the over-the-counter type should not have to get up and go to work so a bunch of losers can lay around in a drug park getting stoned on my dime. Nor should I have to pay for their free rehab.

Let those who want the drugs pay not only their drug costs, but their medical care costs and rehab costs, they shouldn't get a dime of tax money.

personally I could care less about hard drugs its just an idea I proposed.. take it or leave it makes no difference to me...

the drug epidemic is getting worse year by year I don't hear any body proposing solutions to the problems.. the war in Iraq was a total failure, the war in Afghanistan is a total failure, the war on drugs is a 76 year total failure

Old 12-13-2013, 04:22 PM

Quote:
I'm addicted to going to the shooting range myself.. I usually shoot up a couple hundred bucks a week. Shouldn't the government pay for my addiction and provide my ammunition as well?

are you robbing people to get your bullets going to the shooting range is not a problem.. hard drugs is a massive problem.!! stop spouting off and propose ideas on the drug problem

last post I make on that idea.. like I said its just an idea I could give a flying fook about hard drugs...

Old 12-13-2013, 04:22 PM

On the other side of the coin, we could simply make drug use and possession a capital offense. As long as we are looking to the ridiculous, why not? Other countries do it.

Old 12-13-2013, 04:33 PM

Quote:
On the other side of the coin, we could simply make drug use and possession a capital offense. As long as we are looking to the ridiculous, why not? Other countries do it.

most of those countries with capital punishment are for drug trafficking not simple possession.. and by the way look at the list of those counties some of the worst cess pools on the planet

and while you are at it, mind as well hang all the prescription pill addicts and alcoholics as well.!!! they are addicts just the same as someone addicted to cocaine

I hear north Korea is accepting people like you..

Old 12-13-2013, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
most of those countries with capital punishment are for drug trafficking not simple possession.. and by the way look at the list of those counties some of the worst cess pools on the planet

and while you are at it, mind as well hang all the prescription pill addicts and alcoholics as well.!!! they are addicts just the same as someone addicted to cocaine

I hear north Korea is accepting people like you..
No, North Korea frowns on people like me, because I support the second amendment. I wouldn't seriously suggest capital punishment for drug crimes, but it holds as much logic as free drugs for addicts. As long as we are looking to send people to other countries, perhaps you should consider Greece or another of the countries that supports austerity for its population. I am sure that it would be a better fit for you than our society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies