U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-26-2013, 06:15 AM
 
5,971 posts, read 2,809,190 times
Reputation: 3922

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
So Finn, you support the Prohibition of alcohol?
Crickets....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-26-2013, 06:16 AM
 
5,971 posts, read 2,809,190 times
Reputation: 3922
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
hay fin what's your take with Colorado and Washington legalizing weed??? would you like to see the weed laws in those two states revoked.. if so explain why..

ohh what about the prohibition of alcohol what's your take on that.??
More crickets....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2013, 07:04 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,581 posts, read 31,974,824 times
Reputation: 9423
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
hay fin what's your take with Colorado and Washington legalizing weed??? would you like to see the weed laws in those two states revoked.. if so explain why..
The topic is ending the drug war, which is a tad more than CO weed.

Quote:
ohh what about the prohibition of alcohol what's your take on that.??
I am quite happy not changing anything about the drug war, or booze.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2013, 07:12 AM
 
Location: A great city, by a Great Lake!
15,908 posts, read 9,666,331 times
Reputation: 7449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Well, it seems to be working if the legalized stuff is a bigger problem, while the illegal stuff is not because it is kept under control.

Let's keep it that way shall we
Sure let's continue to waste more taxpayers money, and continue to criminalize more Americans, because the war on drugs has been a victory! Right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Wrong. Several years ago an Oklahoma woman got sentenced to 10 years in prison for selling $31 worth of marijuana to an undercover officer. It was her first drug offense. She's of mixed race and claimed whites in her county never go to prison from the first drug offense. To conclude, she only had to spend two years in prison, but that was too long as well.
A bit overkill! Especially when it comes to cannabis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
We can do more. We need to ramp up the efforts.
So, put your money where your mouth is, and send the military into Mexico, and Latin America, and wipe out the cartels. But nope, you won't do that, because there is too much money to be made on the other side of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
People who want to do drugs know where to find them, legal or illegal. People who don't want to do drugs won't suddenly change their mind and start doing them if they are decriminalized. The War on Drugs is a huge mess. I am for decriminalization.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamellr View Post
Yes, we need to go get those Drug Companies that are pushing their products on every unsuspecting person that comes into an Doctors office.
How about the commericals? They have a drug for everything now. Ever see some of the side effects listed? Some of that crap is more powerful, and dangerous than any street drug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
Simon say's some are addicted to Twinkies but most that use them are not..

Simon say's some are addicted to Oreo's but most that use them are not..




Simon say's some are addicted to coffee, but most that use it are not..

Simon say's some are addicted to soda, but most that use soda are...

Simon say's some are addicted to alcohol but most that drink are not

Simon says some are addicted to marijuana but most are not


what part does fin not under stand that use is not abuse???


hay fin !!! are you for prohibition of alcohol??? that concoction screws up a lot of lives you know..
Indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Finn probably won't answer you! Lol
Nope. Just more deflection, and baseless propaganda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
I have said USE is not ABUSE about five times butt Finn never responds...
Apparently Finn has never heard of something call moderation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
That means hiring more undercover officers and investing in more surveillance equipment. And that would result in the need for more prison space. Assuming you don't think money grows on trees, do you want to raise taxes to ramp up the efforts?
I sure as Hell don't. We're already turning into a police state as it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Sure, they also need to steal, burglarize and mug to support their habits. We need less of that, not more, but the pro-narcotic crowd wants more.
Except, those who steal, burglarize and mug tend to be addicted to things such as opiates. You know the stuff found in legal pain pills, and heroin. And of course meth, cocaine and crack. When was the last time a "pothead" knocked over a gas station to try and get money for weed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It is a matter of prioritizing things. We can save huge amounts of money by closing useless overseas bases.
Sure we could. And I support that. I'm tired of our country having to play the world cop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2013, 07:46 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,581 posts, read 31,974,824 times
Reputation: 9423
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Sure let's continue to waste more taxpayers money, and continue to criminalize more Americans, because the war on drugs has been a victory! Right?.
The problem with people like you is the fact that you see surrender as the only option. I happen to agree with the sentencing guidelines in US being in error where minor drug offenders are put to prisons for long times. The sentencing guidelines need so be revised, and not just for drug crimes. Florida (my home State) is among the worst, where people can get life sentence for theft, and where there is no such thing as parole. Everyone serves a minimum of 85% of their sentence. It is also a State where the judge has no say in many cases when it comes to passing sentence, because the sentence has been pre-set by politicians "mandatory sentencing guidelines".

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 12-26-2013 at 08:21 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2013, 08:11 AM
 
Location: A great city, by a Great Lake!
15,908 posts, read 9,666,331 times
Reputation: 7449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The problem with people like you is the tact that you see surrender as the only option. I happen to agree with the sentencing guidelines in US where minor drug offenders are put to prisons for long times. The sentencing guidelines need so be revised, and not just for drug crimes. Florida (my home State) is among the worst, where people can get life sentence for theft, and where there is no such thing as parole. Everyone serves a minimum of 85% of their sentence. It is also a State where the judge has no say in many cases when it comes to passing sentence, because the sentence has been pre-set by politicians "mandatory sentencing guidelines".

Why do you feel the need to lock people up for long periods of time over minor drug offenses? And you call that moral???? Quite frankly, locking someone up for a victimless crime is simply evil! Well sadly Finn, in the case of cannabis, your days of locking people up for possessing a bag of weed, and burdening them with legal issues which effects could potentially effect the rest of their life is coming to an end very soon. The sooner the better. So you and the other prohibitionists keep pushing your propaganda, and your false agenda. Those of us who support freedom, and the right to choose what we do with our bodies and what we consume will continue to push back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2013, 08:23 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,581 posts, read 31,974,824 times
Reputation: 9423
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Why do you feel the need to lock people up for long periods of time over minor drug offenses? And you call that moral???? Quite frankly, locking someone up for a victimless crime is simply evil! Well sadly Finn, in the case of cannabis, your days of locking people up for possessing a bag of weed, and burdening them with legal issues which effects could potentially effect the rest of their life is coming to an end very soon. The sooner the better. So you and the other prohibitionists keep pushing your propaganda, and your false agenda. Those of us who support freedom, and the right to choose what we do with our bodies and what we consume will continue to push back.
I specifically said the sentencing guidelines need to be revised because they are in error.

I see I worded one sentence poorly, but I did clearly say they need to be revised. Here: "I happen to agree with the sentencing guidelines in US being in error "
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2013, 08:24 AM
 
Location: A great city, by a Great Lake!
15,908 posts, read 9,666,331 times
Reputation: 7449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I specifically said the sentencing guidelines need to be revised because they are in error.

I see I worded one sentence poorly, but I did clearly say they need to be revised. Here: "I happen to agree with the sentencing guidelines in US being in error "

OK. My bad. I read it the other way. My apologies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2013, 08:37 AM
 
Location: USA
13,266 posts, read 10,013,469 times
Reputation: 4228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The topic is ending the drug war, which is a tad more than CO weed.

I am quite happy not changing anything about the drug war, or booze.
So its not about public or private safety to you. It's not about risk.


It's about YOUR personal preference.


I'm just glad we could clear that up after 4 pages of you dodging the question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2013, 01:22 PM
 
5,971 posts, read 2,809,190 times
Reputation: 3922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The problem with people like you is the fact that you see surrender as the only option. I happen to agree with the sentencing guidelines in US being in error where minor drug offenders are put to prisons for long times. The sentencing guidelines need so be revised, and not just for drug crimes. Florida (my home State) is among the worst, where people can get life sentence for theft, and where there is no such thing as parole. Everyone serves a minimum of 85% of their sentence. It is also a State where the judge has no say in many cases when it comes to passing sentence, because the sentence has been pre-set by politicians "mandatory sentencing guidelines".
Deleted response
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top