Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2013, 12:57 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It seems like the most vocal supporters of such overturn are criminals who never obeyed laws in the first place, and they are demanding we make the nation more criminal-friendly. I don't think I am going to support such movement.

You don't have to, but you and the rest of the prohibitionists will be left in the dust. Christ Finn our declaring our independence was seen as a criminal act in the eyes of the King of England. Sometimes you gotta break the rules to get change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2013, 01:05 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
We have been fighting this war for over 50 years.

The government loves virtual wars against the abstract.
Never need to declare victory or loss and can fund it indefinitely.

Old 12-11-2013, 01:28 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
We have been fighting this war for over 50 years.

The government loves virtual wars against the abstract.
Never need to declare victory or loss and can fund it indefinitely.
76 years, trillions wasted

Old 12-11-2013, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
76 years, trillions wasted

Definition of insanity anyone?

Old 12-11-2013, 01:39 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
You don't have to, but you and the rest of the prohibitionists will be left in the dust. Christ Finn our declaring our independence was seen as a criminal act in the eyes of the King of England. Sometimes you gotta break the rules to get change.
What are you talking about? The ONLY way it can be legalized is though the legal process.

How your criminal behaviour helping the movement?

Old 12-11-2013, 01:45 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times
Quote:
It seems like the most vocal supporters of such overturn are criminals who never obeyed laws in the first place, and they are demanding we make the nation more criminal-friendly. I don't think I am going to support such movement.

your definition of a criminal is wacked!!! a person with common sense knows that smoking a joint is not harming anybody..

like I said before if everybody was like you in the time of slavery we would still have Africans for slaves.. that was the law of the land at the time!! right?? but some good folks didn't agree with slavery fought and died to get it abolished and won..

the prohibition of weed and alcohol are a mirror image, after the many years of crime and corruption associated with the prohibition of alcohol it was finally legalized.. weed is on the same path..

would you want to see alcohol made illegal once again?? hope not, just going to make a bigger war

Old 12-11-2013, 01:52 PM

Quote:
What are you talking about? The ONLY way it can be legalized is though the legal process.

How your criminal behaviour helping the movement?

Tell me again how prohibition ended? Oh yeah, that's right a few states decided to tell the Feds where to stick it, and eventually the whole house of cards fell. I do believe Colorado and Washington have pretty much done the same thing with their recent legalization of recreational pot in their respective states, as do the states that have medical pot to a degree.

Old 12-11-2013, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
your definition of a criminal is wacked!!! a person with common sense knows that smoking a joint is not harming anybody..

like I said before if everybody was like you in the time of slavery we would still have Africans for slaves.. that was the law of the land at the time!! right?? but some good folks didn't agree with slavery fought and died to get it abolished and won..

the prohibition of weed and alcohol are a mirror image, after the many years of crime and corruption associated with the prohibition of alcohol it was finally legalized.. weed is on the same path..

would you want to see alcohol made illegal once again?? hope not, just going to make a bigger war

Gosh darn it crux, the law is the law! Quite frankly I find those who made the laws concerning cannabis to be downright immoral, as well as criminal!

Old 12-11-2013, 02:42 PM

15,848 posts, read 14,479,382 times
I've never taken drugs in my life. I don't think much of anyone who does. I've seen no shortage of brain fried zombies walking the streets.

But that's not the point. The point is that all this happened WHILE drugs have been illegal. The prohibition has done little to to stop it. It has also transferred vast amounts of wealth an power to criminal gangs, which undermine good order in society to a greater degree than the users. So, since the prohibition has failed, it's time to deal with the mess it's made, and that mean ending the prohibition.

Quote:

Old 12-11-2013, 02:57 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
I've never taken drugs in my life. I don't think much of anyone who does. I've seen no shortage of brain fried zombies walking the streets.

But that's not the point. The point is that all this happened WHILE drugs have been illegal. The prohibition has done little to to stop it. It has also transferred vast amounts of wealth an power to criminal gangs, which undermine good order in society to a greater degree than the users. So, since the prohibition has failed, it's time to deal with the mess it's made, and that mean ending the prohibition.
Agree with ya.

As far as the bold, sometimes its not those on drugs who's brains are "fried" I get what your sayin
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies