Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2013, 11:05 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,961,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Well, a person who commits criminal acts is a criminal. It's pretty simple.

Breaking the speed limit is breaking the law. I'm sure you've done it. And if you say that you haven't then I call BS! Shall I call YOU a criminal for breaking the law?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2013, 02:22 PM

13,620 posts, read 12,708,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Of course. I have said the same thing for many years. If drugs are such a problem in the government's eyes, then why haven't we sent the marines in to crush the cartels.

they could have put 150 thousand troops on the border 30 years ago..

Old 12-19-2013, 02:31 PM

13,620 posts, read 12,708,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
They are working as much as possible, and as smart as possible.

However, still only 5% of all drugs are seized.

You still didn't prove your 20% mark, because it's wrong.

What's your bright smart idea? Increase prison size? More government spending.

More law enforcement? More government spending.

Prohibition doesn't work. Never has, never will

lets see the cartels have their own capital punishment, something like 6000 people are being killed in Mexico annually and I don't see them giving up.. every time a mule or other cartel member or corrupt cop gets whacked theirs all ways some one to take their place.. just that in it self is proof that even the strictest of capital punishment laws would not stop the drug market..

Old 12-19-2013, 03:51 PM

1,072 posts, read 1,942,981 times
Quote:
1.2 million people every year seek treatment for marijuana addiction, and that's 30% of all people seeking treatment for any dependency, including alcohol. It costs money my friend. The pro-narcotic people are suggesting the tax payer should pay for their treatment, but I am not sure I want my tax money to be spent on treating people who put themselves in that situation.

Call now. 1-877-345-849 We Can HELP You
1.2M people every year are forced into treatment by the drug court system F_J. These people are not "seeking treatment". They are forced into treatment in return for lessening of sentences.

You have a right to your own opinions.... but not your own facts.

Old 12-19-2013, 08:04 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,104,763 times
Quote:
1.2 million people every year seek treatment for marijuana addiction, and that's 30% of all people seeking treatment for any dependency, including alcohol. It costs money my friend. The pro-narcotic people are suggesting the tax payer should pay for their treatment, but I am not sure I want my tax money to be spent on treating people who put themselves in that situation.

Call now. 1-877-345-849 We Can HELP You
Fail. The majority of those are people forced into "treatment" instead of going to jail.

Old 12-19-2013, 08:08 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,104,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
She's criminal in supporting direct violations to our Constitution by her definition.

For their to be a criminal, there has to be a victim. Whether a person, property, or to the community/state.
Bingo!!!

Old 12-19-2013, 08:12 PM

30,286 posts, read 51,837,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I tend to agree except for Crystal Meth. That's one bad drug that no one escapes in one piece. Probably worse then Heroin.
No one, huh? I escaped in one piece almost 20 years ago, in fact it was easier to quit than cigarettes... not saying it's a GOOD thing to do, but your statement is simply false. And IMO we should either legalize ALL drugs, or keep them all illegal. Picking and choosing which ones are "worse" makes no sense, and adults should be allowed to ruin their bodies however they so desire. Heroin? Meth? Their choice, and consequences should be dealt with only when they break other laws (i.e. driving under the influence, stealing to support the habit).

FYI: Smoking, shooting, and snorting meth are basically three different drugs - so your statement might apply to injecting, but not the other two methods as much.

Last edited by gizmo980; 12-19-2013 at 08:21 PM..

Old 12-19-2013, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Fail. The majority of those are people forced into "treatment" instead of going to jail.
Yep. I had to attend a "diversion" class after a misdemeanor possession charge (to get it expunged), so it was NOT by choice - and the only thing I learned was to carry drugs in your car's trunk vs seat areas, otherwise they can get you for DUII without further evidence. The counselor even said I had no reason to be there, and purposely "forgot" to test me but claimed I passed every time.

(that charge was what prompted me to get the medical Rx, so I've been legal ever since)

Old 12-19-2013, 08:24 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,102,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Yep. I had to attend a "diversion" class after a misdemeanor possession charge (to get it expunged), so it was NOT by choice - and the only thing I learned was to carry drugs in your car's trunk vs seat areas, otherwise they can get you for DUII without further evidence. The counselor even said I had no reason to be there, and purposely "forgot" to test me but claimed I passed every time.

(that charge was what prompted me to get the medical Rx, so I've been legal ever since)
Have had a similar experience as far as the DUI thing. Despite marijuana users being safer drivers...

Marijuana Users Are Safer Drivers Than Non-Marijuana Users, New Study Shows | Natural Solutions Radio

Police have sold their soul imo. Not all, but way too many.

Old 12-19-2013, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Breaking the speed limit is breaking the law. I'm sure you've done it. And if you say that you haven't then I call BS! Shall I call YOU a criminal for breaking the law?
Seriously, don't waste your time arguing with Finn... he/she is completely stubborn and ill-informed on this issue, and will ignore the facts until you turn blue. But yes, they are a criminal too, since I don't think there's ANYONE who has never broken even a minor law. Heck, if you sit at the intersection near my house, you'll see 50% of the drivers become criminals before your very eyes - for some reason, the FIVE "no turn on red" signs are still invisible to half of those who approach the light.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies