Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2013, 08:44 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Applying for, and accepting a business license.
That only grants you permission to open a business within a certain jurisdiction.
It's a license to operate a business.

A business owner doesn't accept a license. They are the ones applying for it.
The city, county, state "accepts" the application and approves it.

They usually contain effective date, expiration date and name of business.

There's no code of conduct on a business license.

Old 12-08-2013, 08:45 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,228,034 times
What a great representation of Jesus. NOT.

Old 12-08-2013, 08:46 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Any business owner who excludes a portion of business, based on discrimination, or some ideology, is an idiot. These gay couples are literally RUNNING to the altar now, which heterosexual couples are not, and are preferring to live together.

Anyone who runs a business, should EMBRACE these gay couples! Especially a business that relies on weddings for a majority of their bank. Do an excellent job, and sell, sell, sell!

This guy is such an idiot! He will probably be out of business in a few years...no gay couples will go to this bakery anyway. Hope his ideals taste good, while he looks for a job, and liquidates his defunct business.
I disagree about his being out of business, but I agree, he is an idiot. I still think he had every right to do what he did, I also think, as a business man he used very poor judgment.

16,911 posts, read 10,589,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Businesses aren't people. Businesses don't have religious beliefs.
True. But I think there is a difference between a large business like Walmart or Hobby Lobby and a sole proprietorship. The business owner usually does all of the work and runs the business, and he or she will have religious beliefs. I think they should limit this type of law to business of a certain size and/or services.

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
You can't be serious: there is nowhere in the law, any law, any state that says you must sell anything to anyone. Those laws refer to hiring practices, for starters. What about the kid that walks in, is filthy dirty, pants hanging down to his knees, etc. should the business owner be required to wait on him? What about all the signs that say: no shirt, no shoes, no service, isn't that discriminating? If I walk into a restaurant with my dog, should the restaurant be required to serve me? Of course not, but if he/she doesn't are they discriminating against me, because my dog is my best friend?
You make an excellent point. I have seen those signs.

Hang on (speaking of your dog), if these perverts get their way, someone will soon be allowed by law to marry their dog! That's how sick our society has become.

Old 12-08-2013, 08:49 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Businesses aren't people. Businesses don't have religious beliefs.
Small businesses are people. People do have religious beliefs.

Old 12-08-2013, 08:50 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
The judge acknowledges the rights of a business owner but says the cost to society is too great.

Judge orders Colo. cake-maker to serve gay couples for wedding celebrations | Fox News
"At first blush, it may seem reasonable that a private business should be able to refuse service to anyone it chooses," Judge Spencer said in his written order. "This view, however, fails to take into account the cost to society and the hurt caused to persons who are denied service simply because of who they are."

Old 12-08-2013, 08:53 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Delta View Post
Gosh, can you people really be this stupid? Or is it just on purpose? People with dogs and dirty pants are not protected classes under the law. You can put on a clean pair of pants. You can leave your dog at home or outside. You can't help your race/sexual orientation/etc.

*Facepalm*
Sexual orientation is a made up term for a perverted class of individuals. "Hmmm, let's see ... female today, or male? What do I feel like?"

Ones gender is determined upon conception, and it is either male or female. If you "choose" to be something other than what you were when born, it is by choice. Period. And homosexual behavior is just that. It is a behavior.

Old 12-08-2013, 08:53 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times
I wonder how many Bakeries they went to before they found one who refused.

Old 12-08-2013, 08:55 AM

1,261 posts, read 2,146,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Sexual orientation is a made up term for a perverted class of individuals. "Hmmm, let's see ... female today, or male? What do I feel like?"

Ones gender is determined upon conception, and it is either male or female. If you "choose" to be something other than what you were when born, it is by choice. Period.
Wrong. Sex is biologically determined at birth. Gender expression is a wide and highly varied continuum of possible behavioral expressions.

Just because you enjoy stewing in the filth of your own ignorance and bigotry doesn't lend you any credence.

Quote:
Hang on (speaking of your dog), if these perverts get their way, someone will soon be allowed by law to marry their dog! That's how sick our society has become.
Quote:
And homosexual behavior is just that. It is a behavior.
Quotes like this only throw your mentally challenged state into sharper relief. Can dogs legally give consent to engage in marriage? I didn't think so. Homosexual behavior is the result of having a sexual orientation that causes one to be attracted toward members of the same sex. It is not the same thing as sex, gender, or gender expression.

Just keep digging that hole a little deeper. It is quite entertaining, if a bit sad to watch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies