U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 07:38 PM

4,088 posts, read 3,554,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Lots of laws are broken without someone feeling they must sue all the time.

I would hardly call this situation "dangerous."

If this is one of the most important things in life in their opinion, for them to file a suit because someone broke the law by not baking them a cake, then they need to grow up and just move on. Good grief.
Move on to where? The next bakery? The next TOWN?

Screw that. We won't be moved.

Old 12-07-2013, 07:39 PM

6,234 posts, read 9,536,552 times
I love when liberal idiots rejoice over a court ruling that violates the constitution based on their own political beliefs when that very same thing will take away their own rights in the near future. Don't be surprised when people start spitting and taking a dump in your food. Your not going to force anyone to do anything in this country without repercussions.

Old 12-07-2013, 07:52 PM

29,636 posts, read 32,001,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I love when liberal idiots rejoice over a court ruling that violates the constitution based on their own political beliefs when that very same thing will take away their own rights in the near future. Don't be surprised when people start spitting and taking a dump in your food. Your not going to force anyone to do anything in this country without repercussions.
You are missing the entire point. Nobody is forcing him to personally bake a cake for this particular couple.

Old 12-07-2013, 07:54 PM

29,125 posts, read 21,185,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykibs View Post
No, because political beliefs are not covered under anti-discrimination law.
Support of traditional marriage is a political belief.

Old 12-07-2013, 07:55 PM

724 posts, read 527,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Well, you can sure think what you want and so can everyone else. If one of my gay couple friends or neighbors were suing for this, I would think they were being stupid. It's not worth the money, time, and emotional upset that all people involved are going to go through.

Have you ever been involved in a lawsuit? It can consume your life and make you feel emotionally bankrupt, and even cause physical distress that could lead to something serious. I've seen it happen to people I know.

Besides, some lawyer is gonna make a bunch of money off of them, and the baker man.

What a waste. Save it for an important issue.
You can feel however you like about it. They still broke the law, and were held accountable. Hopefully others will think twice next time, which was the whole point, I believe.

Old 12-07-2013, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Support of traditional marriage is a political belief.
If so, it's one we share.

EDIT: I'm going with the weird 2013 definition of "traditional marriage" as being between a man and a woman (my parents even have a traditional marriage!), not the wife owning and raping at will kind.

Old 12-07-2013, 08:16 PM

8,623 posts, read 5,915,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykibs View Post

not the wife owning and raping at will kind.
I was married when younger to a woman I loved dearly - what the hell kind of marriage involves wife owning and raping? Are you not taking your meds?

Old 12-07-2013, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
I was married when younger to a woman I loved dearly - what the hell kind of marriage involves wife owning and raping? Are you not taking your meds?
The historical kind. The distinction you're making is the same one I was.

But this thread isn't about marriage equality, it's about anti-discrimination law. Sorry to have nudged us off-topic.

Old 12-07-2013, 08:25 PM

8,623 posts, read 5,915,195 times
I would simply shutdown for a month then have a grand reopening. If they came at me again I would do it over and over until they got the message. PC Liberals don't own my world nor do they get a free pass.

Old 12-07-2013, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
I would simply shutdown for a month then have a grand reopening. If they came at me again I would do it over and over until they got the message. PC Liberals don't own my world nor do they get a free pass.
Well the judge didn't fine the business this time. The next time it happens, they will be. And no, PC liberals only own their own possessions, but anti-discrimination law is still a real thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies