U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-10-2013, 01:35 PM
 
2,950 posts, read 1,934,557 times
Reputation: 367

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Like I said....you have no problem with murdering people. You probably make other Jews cringe when you post. Nice going.
I have a major problem murdering people.

if someone would murder you if you didn't murder me would you murder me?
if someone would murder me if I didn't murder you I would not murder you

 
Old 12-10-2013, 01:37 PM
 
511 posts, read 635,355 times
Reputation: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
Well, if it comes down to gay people having second-class status or you being all resentful and stuff, you can be as resentful as you like.
And would a devout Christian be welcome in a gay bar? Probably not, and you know what, I wouldn't make a federal case out of it if I didn't get my way every time! I would just simply find another establishment that accepts my business. It has nothing to do with treating someone as a 2nd class citizen.
 
Old 12-10-2013, 01:37 PM
 
Location: Montreal, Quebec
15,087 posts, read 11,522,611 times
Reputation: 9699
Quote:
Originally Posted by txdave35 View Post
Nope, you would just resort to the same ridiculous arguments whenever we bring up the term "homosexuals" used in the writings of Paul. Then you claim that homosexual doesn't really translate as homosexual. There is always a way for liberal minded ppl to refuse to admit that they are wrong.
Who said anything about the writings of Paul? Show a quote made by Jesus, that deals with homosexuality. You can't because none exist.
 
Old 12-10-2013, 01:39 PM
 
Location: Wilsonville, OR
1,262 posts, read 1,802,126 times
Reputation: 2304
Quote:
Originally Posted by txdave35 View Post
And would a devout Christian be welcome in a gay bar? Probably not, and you know what, I wouldn't make a federal case out of it if I didn't get my way every time! I would just simply find another establishment that accepts my business. It has nothing to do with treating someone as a 2nd class citizen.
A devout Christian would be welcome in a gay bar if they treated the other patrons of the bar in a kind and respectful manner.

Contrary to what you may think, not all Christians feel that being gay or getting a same-sex marriage is a sin. Some gay people may even be Christians themselves.
 
Old 12-10-2013, 01:40 PM
 
511 posts, read 635,355 times
Reputation: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Businesses are required to follow all existing laws, and any new laws unless there is a specific grandfathered exemption.

If I have a drivers license, and the speed limit changes am I not required to follow the new speed limit?
And what if the new laws says, hey we want to tax you at 98% rate, hand it over, buddy? Shouldn't the American citizen have a right to protest laws that feel unjust? Funny how the liberal gays are now all about hey, it's the law, just shut up and follow it now that the laws support your lifestyle. I bet you didn't feel that way 20-30 years ago.
 
Old 12-10-2013, 01:40 PM
 
Location: Albany, NY
724 posts, read 527,074 times
Reputation: 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by txdave35 View Post
And would a devout Christian be welcome in a gay bar? Probably not, and you know what, I wouldn't make a federal case out of it if I didn't get my way every time! I would just simply find another establishment that accepts my business. It has nothing to do with treating someone as a 2nd class citizen.
Of course they would, unless they were harassing other patrons, which wouldn't be covered under anti-discrimination law. However, it would be unlawful to ask them to leave simply because they were devout Christians, because that is (federally) a violation of anti-discrimination law.

It's actually pretty simple how that works.
 
Old 12-10-2013, 01:41 PM
 
2,950 posts, read 1,934,557 times
Reputation: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykibs View Post
Of course they would, unless they were harassing other patrons, which wouldn't be covered under anti-discrimination law. However, it would be unlawful to ask them to leave simply because they were devout Christians, because that is (federally) a violation of anti-discrimination law.

It's actually pretty simple how that works.
forcing a religious person to help out a same gender "wedding" is harassment.
 
Old 12-10-2013, 01:43 PM
 
Location: Albany, NY
724 posts, read 527,074 times
Reputation: 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
forcing a religious person to help out a same gender "wedding" is harassment.
It's not. As has been stated repeatedly, refusing to make that cake because of the sexual orientation of the customers is a blatant violation of anti-discrimination law, just as it would be to refuse to provide a service for a Jewish wedding. What I mean by harassment is, for example, if the Westboro Baptist Church came into a gay bar with their signs. Requiring a place of public accommodation to provide their services without discriminating based on protected characteristics is not harassment, whether the owners like it or not.
 
Old 12-10-2013, 01:55 PM
 
Location: Montreal, Quebec
15,087 posts, read 11,522,611 times
Reputation: 9699
Quote:

Originally Posted by txdave35


And would a devout Christian be welcome in a
gay bar? Probably not, and you know what, I wouldn't make a federal case out of
it if I didn't get my way every time! I would just simply find another
establishment that accepts my business. It has nothing to do with treating
someone as a 2nd class citizen.
Of course! Montreal is a gay mecca. I know lots of gays who are devout Christians.
As a matter of fact, we had some synagogues and churches with their own floats at the most recent Pride Parade.
 
Old 12-10-2013, 01:59 PM
 
Location: Middle of nowhere
19,428 posts, read 9,745,640 times
Reputation: 7535
Quote:
Originally Posted by txdave35 View Post
And what if the new laws says, hey we want to tax you at 98% rate, hand it over, buddy? Shouldn't the American citizen have a right to protest laws that feel unjust?
There are legal means to have a law repealed. That does not give you the right to break the law.

If "what ifs" were wings we could all fly. Some of us prefer to discuss reality, not "what ifs"
The REALITY of the situation is that Colorado has anti discrimination laws that include sexual orientation.
The REALITY is that ALL businesses are required to follow the laws of the state they are doing business in.
The REALITY is that personal religious beliefs are not a license to break any law you choose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top