U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-11-2013, 01:52 PM
 
Location: Albany, NY
724 posts, read 527,420 times
Reputation: 277

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
for Massachusetts attempted suicide rates (now compare to normal people)
1993
"LGBT" 27.5% - "Normal" 13.4%
1995
"LGBT" 30.6% - "Normal" 9.2%
1997
"LGBT" 37% - "Normal" 8%
1999
"LGBT" 29% - "Normal" 7%
2001
"LGBT" 31% - "Normal" 8%
2003
"LGBT" 40.4% - "Normal" 7.2%
2005
"LGBT" 24.8% - "Normal" 5.7%
2007
"LGBT" 29.1% - "Normal" 6.4%
2009
"LGBT" 24.7% - "Normal" 5.6%
In other words, it's holding steady with a slight downward trend.

EDIT: You seem to have searched for quite a long time for statistics that still didn't prove your point. Well done!

 
Old 12-11-2013, 01:57 PM
 
2,950 posts, read 1,936,108 times
Reputation: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Ever heard of a bisexual?
prove to me that all gays are not bisexual

she said she was a lesbian not a bisexual

fact is only the gullible believe there is such a thing a sexual orientation, people have the potential to sexually desire anyone or anything if they so CHOOSE. Societies judgement has a major impact in who people are sexually attracted to which is why people from different culture desire different types of people. Socities acceptance of this perversion is what led to mass homosexuality, a aids epidemic, and your much talked about LGBT suicides.
 
Old 12-11-2013, 01:59 PM
 
Location: Albany, NY
724 posts, read 527,420 times
Reputation: 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
prove to me that all gays are not bisexual

she said she was a lesbian not a bisexual

fact is only the gullible believe there is such a thing a sexual orientation, people have the potential to sexually desire anyone or anything if they so CHOOSE. Societies judgement has a major impact in who people are sexually attracted to which is why people from different culture desire different types of people. Socities acceptance of this perversion is what led to mass homosexuality, a aids epidemic, and your much talked about LGBT suicides.
If you can just flip a switch and make yourself be attracted to members of the same sex, then ya know, good for you and kudos and all. But in the real world, people can't do that. (If you can, it's likely that you're bisexual.) There is no way for me to sexually desire a woman. Trust me, I spent my teen years trying.
 
Old 12-11-2013, 01:59 PM
 
4,839 posts, read 3,429,031 times
Reputation: 1833
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
prove to me that all gays are not bisexual

she said she was a lesbian not a bisexual

fact is only the gullible believe there is such a thing a sexual orientation, people have the potential to sexually desire anyone or anything if they so CHOOSE. Societies judgement has a major impact in who people are sexually attracted to which is why people from different culture desire different types of people. Socities acceptance of this perversion is what led to mass homosexuality, a aids epidemic, and your much talked about LGBT suicides.
I tried to be gay once, I really did. I tried to choose to go to bed with a female, I just couldn't do it. Why? Because I desire men.
 
Old 12-11-2013, 02:06 PM
 
2,950 posts, read 1,936,108 times
Reputation: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Wrong. They were in the closet, because there were laws against being a homosexual. But go on and live in your fantasy world where there were less gays in the past, and religious beliefs trump all laws. I prefer to live in reality.
a few might have been but the masses of would be gays never even dreamt of such an insane concept.

The simple proof of this is if you study homosexual attitudes and behaviors of non Orthodox Jews in America from after WWII till the today.
Before the gay rights movement Jews (including non Orthodox Jew) were much less likley to have homosexual thoughts or homosexual behavior.
Post Stonewall Jews disproportionately became homosexuals.
 
Old 12-11-2013, 02:08 PM
 
Location: Albany, NY
724 posts, read 527,420 times
Reputation: 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
a few might have been but the masses of would be gays never even dreamt of such an insane concept.

The simple proof of this is if you study homosexual attitudes and behaviors of non Orthodox Jews in America from after WWII till the today.
Before the gay rights movement Jews (including non Orthodox Jew) were much less likley to have homosexual thoughts or homosexual behavior.
Post Stonewall Jews disproportionately became homosexuals.
Please post your evidence of the bolded part. In general, you're operating on a false premise. Fewer people would admit being gay back then. That doesn't mean fewer people were.
 
Old 12-11-2013, 02:08 PM
 
Location: Middle of nowhere
19,428 posts, read 9,758,489 times
Reputation: 7535
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
for Massachusetts attempted suicide rates (now compare to normal people)
1993
"LGBT" 27.5% - "Normal" 13.4%
1995
"LGBT" 30.6% - "Normal" 9.2%
1997
"LGBT" 37% - "Normal" 8%
1999
"LGBT" 29% - "Normal" 7%
2001
"LGBT" 31% - "Normal" 8%
2003
"LGBT" 40.4% - "Normal" 7.2%
2005
"LGBT" 24.8% - "Normal" 5.7%
2007
"LGBT" 29.1% - "Normal" 6.4%
2009
"LGBT" 24.7% - "Normal" 5.6%
Where did you pull this from?
 
Old 12-11-2013, 02:10 PM
 
2,950 posts, read 1,936,108 times
Reputation: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
It sure as hell does. You're claiming some asinine link to the First Amendment; religious institutions are tax-exempt. So tell me: is the bakery tax-exempt?
The first amendment is primary on an individual not a religious institution.

the first amendment protects the practice of religion no matter where you are.

I wonder if you also think freedom of speech doesn't apply to individuals.

the USSR had a freedom of worship clause they allowed places of worship to stay open, yet they didn't not allow freedom of religion and sent many Religious people to gulags, when they didn't murder them
Is that your final goal?
 
Old 12-11-2013, 02:10 PM
 
Location: Middle of nowhere
19,428 posts, read 9,758,489 times
Reputation: 7535
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
a few might have been but the masses of would be gays never even dreamt of such an insane concept.

The simple proof of this is if you study homosexual attitudes and behaviors of non Orthodox Jews in America from after WWII till the today.
Before the gay rights movement Jews (including non Orthodox Jew) were much less likley to have homosexual thoughts or homosexual behavior.
Post Stonewall Jews disproportionately became homosexuals.
No, post stonewall people might have felt more comfortable coming out, but they didn't suddenly become gay.
 
Old 12-11-2013, 02:12 PM
 
Location: Albany, NY
724 posts, read 527,420 times
Reputation: 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
the USSR had a freedom of worship clause they allowed places of worship to stay open, yet they didn't not allow freedom of religion and sent many Religious people to gulags, when they didn't murder them
Is that your final goal?
How utterly paranoid. How about we just stick with the same legal situation we've had for 200+ years? You're free to practice your religion as you choose, but you can't use that practice to justify the breaking of any other laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top