U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2013, 05:11 AM

69,278 posts, read 79,447,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykibs View Post
It's not PC. It's anti-discrimination law.
of course it is PC and a private owner has every right to do business with whomever he/she wants or not do business with someone, for any reason.

Old 12-08-2013, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Isn't it a hoot? This is why nobody takes Christianity seriously.
Ceece, I have to disagree with you: you just said, no one takes Christianity seriously, I don't think you really believe that? If no one took it seriously, why would many churches be full on Sundays, or in the cse of 7 day Adventists, Saturday? You may not be a Christian, your beliefs, which are yours and are to be respected, but please don't say nobody takes it seriously..

Old 12-08-2013, 05:21 AM

3,201 posts, read 3,383,435 times
i never understood peoples logic of patronizing an establishment if you believe they dont want you there?

why are you trying so hard to give a business that 'discriminates' your money?

---

Old 12-08-2013, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
There was another thread on the same subject recently. One fine Christian gentleman suggested putting poison in the cake.

Jesus wept.
I am sure you realize, these are not the overall views of Christians. You can have your own views on religion, but please do not think all Christians think that way. Those making such comments are the extremist, not the normal run of the mill Christians. Do you think, out of frustration, only a Christian would make such a statement, not a Jew or any other person of another religion. Do you think, an Atheist would not make a similar statement about a Christian who ticked them off!!???

Old 12-08-2013, 05:22 AM

30,103 posts, read 15,655,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykibs View Post
It's not PC. It's anti-discrimination law.
Baloney. It's a violation of the owners rights. He is being forced to accept, to be an accomplice and active participant in what he believes is sin.

No one should be forced by law into participating in what they believe to be sin. Period.

Old 12-08-2013, 05:26 AM

30,103 posts, read 15,655,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
Nothing about his religion involves his baking or selling cakes. That's what the judge said about the matter, anyway. Nice try.
If it were me, I would refuse to comply. There are Christian legal organizations who would take this case on for free, and would win. The ACLJ probably would. There are others as well.

Old 12-08-2013, 05:38 AM

10,032 posts, read 6,859,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
Nothing about his religion involves his baking or selling cakes. That's what the judge said about the matter, anyway. Nice try.
I wonder what the judge would have to say about the matter if the bakery owner had been a Muslim. It would be fun to watch the PC police grapple with that.

Old 12-08-2013, 05:41 AM

17,853 posts, read 11,751,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Lovely.
So far, the good Christians here have suggested that the bakers ruin the cake, spit in it, take a dump in it, and express their glee at the thought of a couple divorcing or suffering from mental illness.

...and your imaginary and sanctimonious "morals" forbid you from baking a cake for a couple you disapprove of.
Needs repeating. ^^^

Old 12-08-2013, 05:48 AM

17,853 posts, read 11,751,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DearAbby View Post
Well, isn't that lovely. So instead of just being adults, we get Unca Govt to make the mean men be nice? That sure makes me feel positively wonderful about gay folks.

And Christians are right to be wary of gay folks. Gay men have been shown, even in today's accepting world, to be frequently depressed, promiscuous, and drug-using, to the point that AIDS levels are actually rising again. Pride parades used to be attended quite openly by NAMBLA folks, and their are still many problems within the gay community with "chickenhawks" who pursue underage men for casual sex.

On the other side, children of lesbian couples tend to be more depressed, work full-time at less than half the rate of others, and are more likely to engage in self I destructive behavior than children of straights.

That said, bone whomever you like, but please don't pretend gay people are perfect, their attitudes need as much work as the Christians who can't tolerate them.
Dear Abby. Please try to find an 'information' source that doesn't require wiping it with toilet paper after pulling it put.

Old 12-08-2013, 07:26 AM

10,786 posts, read 5,082,623 times
Colorado law is pretty strange. Same sex Marriage is not legal in Colorado, but a Baker is required by law (according to this Judge) to bake a Wedding Cake for the not legal Same sex Marriage. Civil Unions only became legal in Colorado in 2013 - this case originated in July 2012. The Same sex Marriage took place in Provincetown, Massachusetts, but they tried to buy the Wedding Cake in Denver, Colorado.

The Baker told them he would bake them a Birthday cake, a shower cake or any other type of cake - just not a Wedding Cake. The cake in question was a Rainbow layered cake with Red & Teal frosting. The Baker got the required number of Death Threats and Boycotts - he had to call the police for crowd control at least once.

Weird case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies