Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2013, 12:55 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Wanna go for a ride?
Only if I drive.

Old 12-10-2013, 12:56 PM

723 posts, read 633,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Very well stated!There was likley premeditation involved here ... the forces of righteous indignation gathering their ranks to make a media extravaganza out of this deplorable discrimination against the poor downtrodden queens seeking a cake.
I suppose it's possible, but the ACLU routinely gets involved in cases like this.

Quote:
Conspiracy theory? I don't think so ..... making headline news, with lawyers from the ACLU charging in is not a random event.
Do you believe everything on the news is staged or is it just when gay people try to be treated fairly?

Quote:
This is just more of the same promotion of the homosexual agenda being rolled out onto the national stage like the countless other examples of mass media manipulation of society.
Actually, it's anti-discrimination law, which was created before the gay rights movement.

Old 12-10-2013, 01:00 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
Quote:
Now, for the flipside of this "cake caper" ..... what IDIOT would want to buy
and eat a cake that they had to get a court order to force the baker to make? I
mean, this really is liberal lunacy in all it's unglory shining dimly. If I
were the Baker, I'd probably mistake the jar of sodium for sugar, making a very
briny confection more suitable for an equine wedding. I don't think there is
any law against making bad cake.
You would eat the cake after you've sued the baker? Only a idiot would do that. Most people wouldn't, but you go right ahead.

Old 12-10-2013, 01:01 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Like I said, just call me the grand high poo bah of the church of JJRose. You'll never have to follow any law you don't like if you follow my religion.
Cool.

I'll chip in $20 so you can have a marker in OKC. D you want to be next to the atheists or the satanists or the 10 Commandments?

Old 12-10-2013, 01:02 PM

723 posts, read 633,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
You would eat the cake after you've sued the baker? Only a idiot would do that. Most people wouldn't, but you go right ahead.
Yeah I really don't know why people are so focused on how the cake might be made or how it might taste. This case is pretty clearly to prevent this stuff from happening in the future, hopefully when the discrimination would be much more serious.

Old 12-10-2013, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykibs View Post
Yeah I really don't know why people are so focused on how the cake might be made or how it might taste. This case is pretty clearly to prevent this stuff from happening in the future, hopefully when the discrimination would be much more serious.
No kidding. In light of the fact that many here advocate putting poison in gay cakes or filling them with salt or feces, maybe it would be a really good idea to get health inspectors paying close attention to these good Christian bakeries.

Old 12-10-2013, 01:19 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,555,191 times
Quote:
....and yet, you'd have no problem with murdering gays with cyanide or shooting judges.
Nice.
I never said I have no problem with murdering gays
even though your not gay if you tried to force me to help a same gender "wedding" I would have no problem killing you either.
If these 2 homosexuals would have not tried to force someone else to help out in their sin, I would have a major problem with someone killing them.

Old 12-10-2013, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
I never said I have no problem with murdering gays
even though your not gay if you tried to force me to help a same gender "wedding" I would have no problem killing you either.
If these 2 homosexuals would have not tried to force someone else to help out in their sin, I would have a major problem with someone killing them.
Like I said....you have no problem with murdering people. You probably make other Jews cringe when you post. Nice going.

Old 12-10-2013, 01:33 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,934,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Another leftist proves that's today's liberals are the least tolerant people in history.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Delta View Post
What does my personal psychological evaluation of people with extreme religious and political views have to do with my level of tolerance for said people? What does "tolerance" mean to you? Do you wish to be able to do and say as you please with no repercussions whatsoever? Do you wish to remain free from any and all criticism of your actions and beliefs, even if those actions and beliefs are used to support discrimination and violence toward your fellow human beings? Does anything less than absolute acceptance of your views and behaviors count as 'intolerance'? What is it you want from us, exactly? To shut up and stand idly by while watching you commit one social injustice after another and never challenge you in any way? Sorry, but that's not going to happen.

Humorously, (or perhaps sadly, I am uncertain which) your very post itself is actually a perfect example of not only the intolerance but the hypocrisy of people with far right-wing and/or extremist religious views. You demand not only the right to be as intolerant as you wish, but you also demand that we accept this implicitly! If we refuse to do so, we are being intolerant! Sorry, but I'm not buying into this, and neither is any other person with an ounce of sense. There are different types and levels of intolerance. Some people's intolerance has the capacity, and sometimes even the intent, of causing real physical, psychological, financial and social harm to innocent people. The type of intolerance I hold is intolerance for such hateful, harmful beliefs. If you don't like that, tough. We are under NO obligation whatsoever to be tolerant of your intolerance. Period.
Exactly the point!

I cannot "rep" you enough. Your eloquence is far superior to mine.

Here is a brilliant and articulate response to the childish and fatuous name-calling that some of the more obnoxious far-right wing extremists engage in.

Last edited by Clark Park; 12-10-2013 at 02:44 PM..

Old 12-10-2013, 01:34 PM

511 posts, read 799,170 times
Quote:
Jesus never said one word about homosexuality, as a previous poster claimed. The Bible is plumb full to bursting with Jesus quotes, but if you can find one that deals with the gays, I'd love to hear it.

Nope, you would just resort to the same ridiculous arguments whenever we bring up the term "homosexuals" used in the writings of Paul. Then you claim that homosexual doesn't really translate as homosexual. There is always a way for liberal minded ppl to refuse to admit that they are wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies