Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2013, 04:17 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,159,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
gay terrorists are worse then Muslim terrorists

they do it "legally"

they didn't want to deal with the law suits and they were probably bribed
Interesting. So you're saying that gay terrorists are trying to kill you?

Old 12-11-2013, 04:19 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,159,544 times
Quote:
gay terrorists are worse then Muslim terrorists

they do it "legally"

they didn't want to deal with the law suits and they were probably bribed
Proof? An actual link, not your regular spouting of opinion.

Old 12-11-2013, 04:30 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,549,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Well by offering to sell wedding cakes in his store he has to sell to gays too. If he can not sell wedding cakes to gay couples, then he should not offer wedding cakes for sale.

I realize that religious bigots are not smart enough to understand the law, but please do try to keep up.
he'll sell a cake to wedding cake to gays just not for a same gender "Wedding"
if the to animals wanted 2 buy a wedding cake for a birthday, I'm sure he would have sold it to them.

even with out the first amendment this is judicial activism
this person did not discriminate against gays in the slightest

he would sell a wedding cake to these same animals if it was for a real wedding
he would not sell a wedding cake to a straight person if it was fora same gender "Wedding"

it wasn't the person buying the cake that was the distinction (which is the purpose of anti discrimination laws)
rather it was the purpose of the cake he refused to sell it to.

no "gay" was discriminated against.

Old 12-11-2013, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
He made a cake for a dog wedding.
so what
homosexuality is prohibited by the bible.
sex between 2 dogs is not

PS I'm assuming the "dog wedding" is a "Wedding" between 2 dogs

Old 12-11-2013, 05:03 PM

511 posts, read 797,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
And let's not forget....the baker has tattoos.

Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.
Leviticus 19:28

So clearly, his issue is just with the icky gays. All other religious edicts and tenets can go right out the window.
And again, OT Mosaic law does not apply to Christians. If it did, we would have to be out there sacrificing lambs.

Old 12-11-2013, 05:03 PM

Quote:
1. If Orthodox Jews can not follow the laws of operating a public accommodation, they should open as a private club.

2. If a Jewish baker can not sell wedding cakes to all of the general public, they should not offer wedding cakes for sale in their bakery and stick to cookies, muffins, croissants, bagels, cup cakes, birthday cakes, etc.

3. Not at all. they can still sell many other products that do not violate their religious beliefs. No one is forcing any bakery to offer wedding cakes.

4. See 2 and 3.
Since you feel so strongly about following the law
some states still have anti sodomy laws on the books, despite Lawrence.
should every single homo there follow that law or do you only say that with laws that you agree with.

so Orthodox Jews should not be allowed to have a wedding cake at their wedding. (sound anti semetic don't you think)

what about a caterer? you also think no Orthodox wedding should be catered
same principle.

jjrose by any chance are you German?

Old 12-11-2013, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
Well, can i put a nice big sign in the window of a business and say "NO JEWS ALLOWED"

My religion says you killed Jesus, so keep the f' out or I will return the favor.

If your religion tells you to discriminate, time to get a new religion. Because your wrong.

I don't care if you believe in Zeus or Christ or whomever. . .

if you think that means you can't open a business, thats fine. who needs a bigoted business anyway?
please put up that sign because I wouldn't want to give a dog any business.

Old 12-11-2013, 05:10 PM

Quote:
BECAUSE THEY WERE IN THE CLOSET BEFORE!

Can you see it now?

If they were in hiding before, then came out, more would be visible now.
your still not smart enough to get it.

so was the rest of society how come the proportions changed.

lets try this again

right now the percentage of homosexuals in America who are Jewish is higher than the percentage of Americans who are Jewish.
before Stonewall the percentage of homosexuals in America who were Jewish was lower than the percentage of Americans who were Jewish.

Old 12-11-2013, 05:12 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,073,923 times
Quote:
yes there is it's "called anti discrimination laws"

basic logic
1. Orthodox Jews are those who try to follow Jewish Law
2. Jewish law forbids selling a wedding cake for a same gender "Wedding" (not to homos)
3. Colorado is now forcing bakeries owned by religious people to violate their religion or close up shop
4. Colorado law forbids Orthodox Jews to own bakeries

which number are you not understanding
It falls apart at #2. Baking and selling a cake for profit is a commercial activity, not a religious one. You don't get to simply call non-religious things religious in order to avoid being beholden to the law.

That reminds me of a long thread on here from a year or so ago about a fundamentalist Christian who in a zoning dispute with the city over building a church sent and published a letter stating that everything he did was religious in nature and that as such none of man's laws applied to him.

The arrogance of the fundamentally religious is astounding.

Last edited by hammertime33; 12-11-2013 at 05:20 PM..

Old 12-11-2013, 05:13 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,159,544 times
Quote:
he'll sell a cake to wedding cake to gays just not for a same gender "Wedding"
if the to animals wanted 2 buy a wedding cake for a birthday, I'm sure he would have sold it to them.

even with out the first amendment this is judicial activism
this person did not discriminate against gays in the slightest

he would sell a wedding cake to these same animals if it was for a real wedding
he would not sell a wedding cake to a straight person if it was fora same gender "Wedding"

it wasn't the person buying the cake that was the distinction (which is the purpose of anti discrimination laws)
rather it was the purpose of the cake he refused to sell it to.

no "gay" was discriminated against.
What part of if they offer wedding cakes for sale they can not discriminate based of sexual orientation do you not get?

The bakery CHOSE to offer wedding cakes.
Under the law they can not refuse to sell a product that they offer for sale based on sexual orientation.

This is not difficult to understand for most people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies