Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2013, 07:11 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
no one is being discriminated against based on sexual orientation

let me try this again
Lucas says he's bisexual
Titus says he's bisexual
Mary says she's bisexual
Elizabeth says she's bisexual

Lucas and Titus come in to buy a wedding cake
Mary and Elizabeth come in to buy a wedding cake
If they are coming for a real wedding I sell it to them, if the are coming in for a same gender "wedding" I don't sell it to them.

no person is being discriminated against based on sexual orientation.

this is not that hard to figure out.
Let me try this.

A baker chooses to offer WEDDING CAKES.
The law says that the baker can not discriminate based on sexual orientation who he sells WEDDING CAKES to.
By refusing to sell a wedding cake to a homosexual, a bisexual, or a heterosexual, he is breaking the law.
The only difference between a wedding cake for a heterosexual and a wedding cake for a homosexual couple is the sexual orientation of the couple. A bisexual marrying someone of the opposite sex would in effect be a heterosexual couple.

And IF he is discrimination based on the gender of the two people involved in the marriage, then anti discrimination laws still apply, as you can not discriminate based on gender either.

That is the REALITY of the situation, and no matter how much you don't like it won't change the situation.

Old 12-11-2013, 07:12 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,098,699 times
Quote:
you finally got it this

which is why this baker did NOT discriminate because he only cared about WHAT the product was being used for, not WHO was buying it.
Did you not read my post? It said the exact opposite of what you're implying it did. What the product is being used for is COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT in a discrimination analysis.

Old 12-11-2013, 07:13 PM

Quote:
then their not religious no matter what they say.

selling a cake for a gay "wedding" is worse then murder
Then don't open a business selling wedding cakes. If your religion precludes you from following the laws of doing business, then you can make the CHOICE not to open a business. No one is forcing you to open a business. No one is forcing you to offer wedding services. But all laws apply to everyone equally.

Old 12-11-2013, 07:19 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,555,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
There are many more at this link.
Would Jesus Discriminate? - History Lessons

As for a religion having to have a god, fine the monkey living under the shed is now officially my god, and he says that I don;t have to follow any laws I don't like.

I can prove my gods existence just as well as you can prove yours.
I never argued that anti miscegenation laws were not claimed to be based on religion

However anti miscegenation laws have nothing to do with the question I asked.

Quote:
Then why did people use their religious beliefs to try to deny services to blacks?
I want a proof for this
anti miscegenation laws are irrelevant to this statement

Old 12-11-2013, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Delta View Post
Selling a cake to celebrate the love and future of a happy couple is worse than ending the life of a sentient being, a being that was utterly unique in all the universe and will never again have a chance to exist?

I think you are probably the most disturbing person I've ever seen on this forum. I am genuinely concerned about your state of mind. Please, please seek psychological help. You need it. I truly mean this, I am not trying to insult you or put you down or get an infraction. The attitudes you are expressing here are NOT normal or healthy, for anyone, ever.
sanctioning evil is worse then evil

Old 12-11-2013, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Then don't open a business selling wedding cakes. If your religion precludes you from following the laws of doing business, then you can make the CHOICE not to open a business. No one is forcing you to open a business. No one is forcing you to offer wedding services. But all laws apply to everyone equally.
so the law in effect is really saying no Orthodox Jew can sell a wedding cake
sound NAZIst to me?

Old 12-11-2013, 07:41 PM

Quote:
please define these words
who
what

anti discrimination laws would only cover "who" not "what"
The WHO that the baker discriminated against was because of the WHOs sexual orientation.
WHATS are not covered under anti discrimination laws.

The baker discriminated because the couple is GAY.

Old 12-11-2013, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Do you even understand how laws get passed?
it passes the Assembly, the senate and is signed by the Governor (and with enough money almost any law can be passed)

So lets see if this is constitutional according to you
say a bunch of anti semites are sick of Orthodox Jews and want them kicked out of NY
So they in order to make NY Orthodox-Judenrein
they lobby the legislature to ban all baked goods in NY that don't include lard
is this constitutional?

Quote:
Also you seem to have missed my question AGAIN

If my religion says that clothing is evil, should the decency laws not apply to me?
Quote:
I told the first amendment doesn't cover fake religions
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies