U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 05:18 AM

1,143 posts, read 869,942 times

Advertisements

Correct me if i'm wrong but if the following below definition of evolution is correct. Then those that claim they're superior to others could have a valid point. Basically wouldn't the belief in evolution be validating racism as acceptable and should be tolerated. Note I personally do not believe in evolution. I believe we were all created by a supreme being and all equal in value under the eyes of that supreme being.

Evolution-A gradual process in which something changes into a different and usually more complex or better form.

Old 12-08-2013, 05:31 AM

17,850 posts, read 19,602,107 times
You are completely out in left field. In science there is no such thing as "race." There are only Kingdoms, Divisions (or Phylum), Classes, Orders, Families, Genus, and Species. "Race" only exists in the minds of the truly ignorant.

Old 12-08-2013, 05:44 AM

1,143 posts, read 869,942 times
Quote:
"Race" only exists in the minds of the truly ignorant.
Calm down take some valium just asking a question.

Old 12-08-2013, 05:52 AM

21,006 posts, read 10,635,896 times
Given the fact that Neanderthals are now extinct you could argue us European descendants with Neanderthal DNA are inferior. Given 40,000 years since the Neanderthal extinction I think that would be flawed reasoning.

Old 12-08-2013, 06:07 AM

17,853 posts, read 11,756,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
Correct me if i'm wrong but if the following below definition of evolution is correct. Then those that claim they're superior to others could have a valid point. Basically wouldn't the belief in evolution be validating racism as acceptable and should be tolerated. Note I personally do not believe in evolution. I believe we were all created by a supreme being and all equal in value under the eyes of that supreme being.

Evolution-A gradual process in which something changes into a different and usually more complex or better form.
Your definition of Evolution is incorrect.

This may help:

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/article/evo_01

Old 12-08-2013, 06:13 AM

3,800 posts, read 3,431,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Given the fact that Neanderthals are now extinct you could argue us European descendants with Neanderthal DNA are inferior. Given 40,000 years since the Neanderthal extinction I think that would be flawed reasoning.
Why?
We just evolved into a more effiecent human from their DNA?

Old 12-08-2013, 06:18 AM

4,130 posts, read 3,726,633 times
You have no idea what evolution is, and made a presupposition that doesn't fly anywhere. This isn't new. Evolution is change over time, not necessarily better or worse...but adapted to their situation. There really isn't much difference between human beings, besides cosmetic differences (skin pigment, hair colors) and the propensity to some diseases (sickle cell, lactose intolerance). There simply hasn't been enough time for change in that manner.

If you want to say there is no support for racism in the Bible, you need to ignore the curse of Ham in the Old Testament as well as slavery. Reverend William Graham was a fervent supporter of the justification of the Bible supporting holding African Americans as slaves in the US, and often made grand lectures on the subject. This persists through today with Christian identity movements, and even Stormfront. You can't wave away the past but work to change the future.

Not that either really have racism at their core, but bigots will use either to support their bigotry by twisting each into pretzels.

Jesus taught compassion and love for his fellow man. Bigots and people who wished power cherry picked the parts that let them do so to enslave others. It is also twisting his words to demonize your fellows and assume hateful things about them because you do not like them. Which seems to be the majority of the content of your posting history.

Old 12-08-2013, 06:26 AM

1,256 posts, read 3,330,077 times
Fundamental problem with the Subject premise - there are no such things as "races". That is a not-very-old False Science concept that has no basis in science.

That is, you simply cannot state a measure of "race" without obvious contradictions cropping up instantly.

Nose shape?

Butt shape?

Eye shape?

Skin color?

Hair color?

Heck...hair shape?

Bogosity unlimited.

I am superior to homo neanderthalis - okay, find one and I'll say that to its face (just before killing it - see the other thread...).

Otherwise...bogosity unlimited.

Old 12-08-2013, 06:30 AM

18,127 posts, read 16,461,608 times
Man has influenced the evolution of many species so its really not hard to accept that we've been "tinkered with" genetically by someone or somehow. If you really look at how we've evolved and advanced in a extremely short period of time, it actually makes more sense. By God, by aliens, we can debate that all day long. But it does throw a bucket of cold ice water on the " we are all alone " crowd.
Have evolutionists become the new Flat Earth Society? Its starting to look that way.

Old 12-08-2013, 06:33 AM

30,038 posts, read 30,684,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post

Uhh, humans are all one race....Do you think that a black lab and a chocolate lab are different races?.... Of course evolution is both theory and fact. You have to be willfully blind not to accept it as such.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies