Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 02:22 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,186,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
Here we go again.
Agreed, but I can't pronounce some of them either. Are these kids from another country or are these part of the new homegrown style AA names that nobody is going to be able to deal with? It matters, like it or not.

And thank you to the posters who linked to the actual story and facts. It should be done by the OP at the time the thread is created...OP LISTEN UP.

I don't like hearing about anyone being harassed or arrested for doing nothing, no matter what their color or name though. If the police asked me to do something I'd do that and figure out what happened later. When you decide to "take a stand" you have this outcome in mind.

Old 12-08-2013, 02:23 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,994,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
It is you have your head all the way in the sand dune of perceived racism as the cause for every negative thing.

It is hard to see when you are blinded by your own prejudice.

Open your eyes - and help the left stop killing itself politically by using race-baiting as its only weapon.

You are the left's own worst enemy - division solves nothing - wouldn't you rather promote unity?

Do you care nothing about fulfilling Dr. King's dream?
You of course are correct. If three white kids were arrested for no reason......which of course happens all the time with the thug cops we have today.........nobody cares. I see nothing racial about any of this other than what is being portrayed by the racists. If they would leave the country all would be well other than the idiot cops.

Old 12-08-2013, 02:30 PM

2,184 posts, read 1,381,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post

And thank you to the posters who linked to the actual story and facts. It should be done by the OP at the time the thread is created...OP LISTEN UP.
You know it was me who provided all the links, right ?

Old 12-08-2013, 02:31 PM

Quote:
You know it was me who provided all the links, right ?
Why the title?

Old 12-08-2013, 02:33 PM

15,624 posts, read 10,378,651 times
The three teens, 16 year-olds Raliek Redd and Deaquon Carelock, and 17 year-old Wan’Tauhjs Weathers, were in the process of being arrested for disorderly conduct when their coach, Jacob Scott, arrived to explain things to police:
"Their coach, Jacob Scott, who is also a district guidance counselor, arrived at the location as the three students were placed in handcuffs. Scott said he pleaded with the officer to let the boys go, saying he was supervising them.
“He goes on to say, ‘If you don’t disperse, you’re going to get booked as well,’” Scott said. “I said, ‘Sir, I’m the adult. I’m their varsity basketball coach. How can you book me? What am I doing wrong? Matter of fact, what are these guys doing wrong?’”
Scott said a sergeant showed up and backed up his officer.
“One of the police officers actually told me, if he had a big enough caravan, he would take all of us downtown,” Scott said.
Scott said the incident was traumatic for the players who got arrested and the players who witnessed the arrests and such treatment of their coach."

The [police] report does not accuse the boys of using abusive or obscene language.

This was racism against these boys, folks.

Old 12-08-2013, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Why the title?
Please read the story again. They were arrested while waiting for the school bus, as instructed by the school coach, so that they could participate to a school related event.

Old 12-08-2013, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
The three teens, 16 year-olds Raliek Redd and Deaquon Carelock, and 17 year-old Wan’Tauhjs Weathers, were in the process of being arrested for disorderly conduct when their coach, Jacob Scott, arrived to explain things to police:
"Their coach, Jacob Scott, who is also a district guidance counselor, arrived at the location as the three students were placed in handcuffs. Scott said he pleaded with the officer to let the boys go, saying he was supervising them.
“He goes on to say, ‘If you don’t disperse, you’re going to get booked as well,’” Scott said. “I said, ‘Sir, I’m the adult. I’m their varsity basketball coach. How can you book me? What am I doing wrong? Matter of fact, what are these guys doing wrong?’”
Scott said a sergeant showed up and backed up his officer.
“One of the police officers actually told me, if he had a big enough caravan, he would take all of us downtown,” Scott said.
Scott said the incident was traumatic for the players who got arrested and the players who witnessed the arrests and such treatment of their coach."

This was racism against these boys, folks.
It was obviously police insisting things be done their way. Racism is the leap we make because these people are black. What would be the conclusion if they were white? That happens too but doesn't get a headline like this. Police usually want people to do what they tell them to and get peckish when people don't. Regardless of their color. I'm not saying there isn't racism here, I have no idea, were any of the police black? Were the police racist by nature? Questions I don't have answers to, motives I have no idea of. The only thing we know is the police told them to do something and they didn't. The result of that doesn't = racism.

Old 12-08-2013, 02:42 PM

19,821 posts, read 12,084,715 times
Quote:
Please read the story again. They were arrested while waiting for the school bus, as instructed by the school coach, so that they could participate to a school related event.
Going to a scrimmage game is not going to school. It does seem like Rochester has issues with school bus stops and the kids being harrassed while waiting at the bus stop. I will have to try to find the article I read on that to post here.

Old 12-08-2013, 02:43 PM

Quote:
The only thing we know is the police told them to do something and they didn't. The result of that doesn't = racism.
It's funny how this type of event consistently happens to minorities while they are shopping, driving, walking, sleeping, just trying to go on about their daily lives.

Old 12-08-2013, 02:45 PM

Quote:
A city bus right? Going to a basketball game (yes an offshoot since a school function but NOT 'going to school'). I've read the story, I have the facts, I read everything and googled myself because few things posted here are complete. I'm staying the title is wrong and it is.

ANYWAY....discuss the implications of what happened and what it means. I've given my opinion on that too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.