U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2013, 08:24 AM

5,991 posts, read 6,420,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Applebee's is putting tablets on all tables in all their restaurants by end of next year.
They had a 2 year pilot program and the customers loved it.

The main menu though will still be taken by a waiter/waitress.
But drinks, desserts and payment can be done though the tablet.

Others will see what Applebee's is doing and will follow suit.
Applebee's CEO said their intent was not to replace waiters though.
Time will tell.
That's fine until some lazy tablet who's looking for a quick buck posts a customer receipt on Facebook accusing them of discrimination by writing "byte me you RAM challenged piece of crap tablet". Believe me it will happen, computers are taking over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2013, 08:26 AM

28,203 posts, read 19,895,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
It's odd how your fast food restaurants only employ "adults". I guess the government is lying about statistics yet again? I guess so. Or only your area is what your worried about like most liberals. All you care is about "your" whatever. Well unless a gay person is involved anymore. Just amazing how you folks blather your nonsense.

Fast food companies around here employ many age groups. However, considering the vast majority of their operating hours occur during school hours many workers are adults. In addition, those under 18 can only work certain hours and can only operate some restaurant equipment. Most of the employees in fast food are adults - many of them single moms, elderly and disabled workers.

Old 12-09-2013, 08:29 AM

5,259 posts, read 3,047,333 times
These protests look like ACORN affiliated community organizer Barry O handy work.His inability to create jobs and prosperity is now focused on evil MickeyD's resistance to his economic agenda . Ronald McDonald is a tea partying Republican who must be stopped E-I-E-I-O....

Old 12-09-2013, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Another area where folks think they can make a living at the fast food places. Do you go eat there every day? I mean how the hell do you know who works where and when in the first place. How do you KNOW who works ALL the shifts? You got a spreadsheet from the fast food joints in the area? IMO you are flinging sheet but not a shock. Liberals lie all the time.

I know because I am not a ****ing idiot.

Old 12-09-2013, 08:30 AM

33,155 posts, read 30,420,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Fast food companies around here employ many age groups. However, considering the vast majority of their operating hours occur during school hours many workers are adults. In addition, those under 18 can only work certain hours and can only operate some restaurant equipment. Most of the employees in fast food are adults - many of them single moms, elderly and disabled workers.
Elderly and disabled, bravo. I'm guessing the single mothers didn't get good grades(or dropped out) from their free education.

Old 12-09-2013, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
That sounds like placing an order at McDonalds with their current workforce. I want to deal with real people also. I hate placing an order when I just have a simple need. It takes at least 10 minutes just to get across the idea I want a Big Mac combo. And god forbid I don't speak Spanish clear enough for the cashier to understand and it gets confused Then I get mad and yell at it.

Maybe the problem is with your communication skills, not those of the workers you come in contact with.

Last edited by Magritte25; 12-09-2013 at 08:41 AM..

Old 12-09-2013, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
I take pleasure because it will require students to not just do the bare minimum in school. If they don't take advantage of the FREE education they are getting, they will starve.

Such willful ignorance of reality. Dear Lord.

Old 12-09-2013, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Elderly and disabled, bravo. I'm guessing the single mothers didn't get good grades(or dropped out) from their free education.
GFYS you ignorant pig.

(totally worth the infraction)

Old 12-09-2013, 08:41 AM

4,600 posts, read 3,872,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Maybe the problem is with your communication skills, not the workers you come in contact with.
So living and working in the Mid-Atlantic region of the United States means I should become fluent in Spanish to better communicate with those who refuse to assimilate? The effect of lowered expectations is rampant in the lib universe.

Old 12-09-2013, 08:43 AM

4,600 posts, read 3,872,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I'll rep you for this! Not just because I agree, but because it pisses off Maggie!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies