U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 12-08-2013, 06:44 PM
Status: "GOP = Jobs Liberals = MOBS" (set 29 days ago)
 
12,816 posts, read 7,019,743 times
Reputation: 6167

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire_Dreams View Post

Malcolm and Martin, along with the millions of other blacks who fought and died in street deserve the credit for civil rights.
Sure they do, along with all the other people who fought and died in the struggle for civil rights, not just the black people.

 
Old 12-08-2013, 06:46 PM
 
136 posts, read 93,632 times
Reputation: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I'm not your sweetie, I'm simply an educated person pointing out your ignorance.
You are clearly not educated on the civil rights movement, because if you were, you'd know better than to act as though blacks didn't lead the movement. I stand by my earlier statement. Since blacks were fighting against jim crow/segregation, black people were solely at the forefront of the civil rights movement.

Some whites, Asians, Hispanics and other groups were present, but not on the level of black people. It only makes sense, because the laws were not created to bar Hispanics, Asians Whites and all others from participating in society, it was created to bar blacks, therefore it was up to black people to fight for their own equality.
 
Old 12-08-2013, 06:49 PM
 
136 posts, read 93,632 times
Reputation: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Sure they do, along with all the other people who fought and died in the struggle for civil rights, not just the black people.
Funny, because I don't see any images of the thousands of white, Asian or Hispanic men being hung in the U.S. during the civil rights movement. As I said before, the handful of whites who did die, received a great deal of press coverage, while the thousands of blacks who died, rarely received any mention in the newspapers.
 
Old 12-08-2013, 06:49 PM
Status: "GOP = Jobs Liberals = MOBS" (set 29 days ago)
 
12,816 posts, read 7,019,743 times
Reputation: 6167
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
The OP posted who deserves more credit between LBJ and JFK. So you didn't even answer the question.

And you didn't just reply blacks. You replied that blacks deserve ALL the credit. You even put it in caps.

So you are giving no credit whatsoever to the white people who were beaten and killed fighting for the rights of blacks. You are giving no credit whatsoever to those who faithfully enforced those civil rights laws in areas where they weren't popular. You are giving no credit whatsoever to those in office who voted civil rights in. You are giving no credit whatsoever to the journalists who publicized the struggle. You are giving no credit whatsoever to the students and professors who organized and educated for civil rights throughout the nation.
It's not happening by accident, this person can't comprehend the truth behind what actually took place.
 
Old 12-08-2013, 06:50 PM
 
136 posts, read 93,632 times
Reputation: 47


This is what I see.
 
Old 12-08-2013, 06:51 PM
Status: "GOP = Jobs Liberals = MOBS" (set 29 days ago)
 
12,816 posts, read 7,019,743 times
Reputation: 6167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire_Dreams View Post
You are clearly not educated on the civil rights movement, because if you were, you'd know better than to act as though blacks didn't lead the movement. I stand by my earlier statement. Since blacks were fighting against jim crow/segregation, black people were solely at the forefront of the civil rights movement.

Some whites, Asians, Hispanics and other groups were present, but not on the level of black people. It only makes sense, because the laws were not created to bar Hispanics, Asians Whites and all others from participating in society, it was created to bar blacks, therefore it was up to black people to fight for their own equality.
People of all races deserve some credit for the civil rights movement, not just black people. If you believe otherwise you really are as ignorant as I suspect.
 
Old 12-08-2013, 06:54 PM
 
136 posts, read 93,632 times
Reputation: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
People of all races deserve some credit for the civil rights movement, not just black people. If you believe otherwise you really are as ignorant as I suspect.
I give the credit to black people, because it was black people who led the movement. You are the one who believes the revisionist history. I however am a product of the movement.
 
Old 12-08-2013, 06:55 PM
Status: "GOP = Jobs Liberals = MOBS" (set 29 days ago)
 
12,816 posts, read 7,019,743 times
Reputation: 6167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire_Dreams View Post

This is what I see.
Of course it is, it's all you choose to see because you've got bigoted opinions.

I also see images like this...





but then again I'm an educated person with level headed thoughts.
 
Old 12-08-2013, 06:57 PM
Status: "GOP = Jobs Liberals = MOBS" (set 29 days ago)
 
12,816 posts, read 7,019,743 times
Reputation: 6167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire_Dreams View Post
I give the credit to black people, because it was black people who led the movement. You are the one who believes the revisionist history. I however am a product of the movement.
I give credit to everyone involved because everyone involved played a part in it's success, not just the people you like.

You are a product of a failed education system, not the civil rights movement.
 
Old 12-08-2013, 06:58 PM
 
136 posts, read 93,632 times
Reputation: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Of course it is, it's all you choose to see because you've got bigoted opinions.

I also see images like this...





but then again I'm an educated person with level headed thoughts.
I see only a handful of white people in those photos, and plenty of blacks. Sorry, I don't see how that discounts my point. I have yet to find any pictures or footage depicting a significant number of Asians, Latinos (non Puerto Ricans), and whites protesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top