Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 06:33 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire_Dreams View Post
Yes, black people fought for equality because Jim Crow/segregation impacted everyone who was identifiably black. It didn't matter how wealthy or poor the black person was, if they were black in America, they were deemed subhuman.

Why don't you dedicate more time to understanding and learning about the civil rights movement. I've already posted the "Eyes on the Prize" series for you to review.
I've already got a better understanding of the civil rights movement than you do, I'm not the one who needs to dedicate more time to it. Again, you are a perfect example of our failed education system, you are exactly what black people should strive to rise above.

Old 12-08-2013, 06:35 PM

136 posts, read 116,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Wow, You really are as utterly ignorant as I originally suspected.

You should try learning a little about just how badly Asians had their rights violated in this country. Japanese American internment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They didn't have the luxury to hide either.
Firstly, it didn't involve all Asians, it only involved a small number of Japanese Americans. In case you didn't know, the Chinese were considered "honorary whites" in the U.S. Secondly, each and every Japanese descendant of the internment camp received reparations from the U.S. government.

Interestingly, the U.S. government never reimbursed black Americans for the deaths, and crimes committed during slavery and/or Jim crow/segregation. Why is that?

Old 12-08-2013, 06:37 PM

Quote:
I've already got a better understanding of the civil rights movement than you do, I'm not the one who needs to dedicate more time to it. Again, you are a perfect example of our failed education system, you are exactly what black people should strive to rise above.
Yes, black people should believe in your revisionist history that all people joined equally together (especially whites) to fight for black civil rights. LOL This is hilarious.

Old 12-08-2013, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Firstly, it didn't involve all Asians, it only involved a small number of Japanese Americans. In case you didn't know, the Chinese were considered "honorary whites" in the U.S. Secondly, each and every Japanese descendant of the internment camp received reparations from the U.S. government.

Interestingly, the U.S. government never reimbursed black Americans for the deaths, and crimes committed during slavery and/or Jim crow/segregation. Why is that?
Because you weren't born into or forced into slavery, you were never a slave and anyone who was has been dead for decades.

Old 12-08-2013, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Because you weren't born into or forced into slavery, you were never a slave and anyone who was has been dead for decades.
My grandfather was born into slavery sweetie and worked as a sharecropper in the South for many years.

Old 12-08-2013, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Yes, black people should believe in your revisionist history that all people joined equally together (especially whites) to fight for black civil rights. LOL This is hilarious.
You're the only one revising or creating history since I never said any of that. Your stupidity has clouded your ability to think straight.

Old 12-08-2013, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Yes, but I experienced Jim Crow and Segregation. Now explain why the U.S. didn't reimburse me, like they did the Japanese.

Old 12-08-2013, 06:41 PM

Quote:
My grandfather was born into slavery sweetie and worked as a sharecropper in the South for many years.
And how many decades ago did he die? Do your hands still hurt from all that cotton he was forced to pick in your nightmares?

Old 12-08-2013, 06:42 PM

Quote:
You're the only one revising or creating history since I never said any of that. Your stupidity has clouded your ability to think straight.
You want to believe that there was a sizable number of non blacks fighting alongside blacks for civil rights and that's just not true. I was part of the civil rights movement sweetie.

Your statements are nothing but pure revisionist lies. I kind of laugh because the same crap is happening with Mandela's legacy. They are painting him as a pacifist, when in truth, Mandela was a freedom fighter who denounced white supremacy and apartheid.

Yet I can imagine a little white American girl writing a revisionist book report on Mandela. Carry on silly child.

Old 12-08-2013, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Yes, but I experienced Jim Crow and Segregation. Now explain why the U.S. didn't reimburse me, like they did the Japanese.
Because you don't deserve it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies