Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 06:01 PM

136 posts, read 116,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I give credit to everyone involved because everyone involved played a part in it's success, not just the people you like.

You are a product of a failed education system, not the civil rights movement.
Yes, and in your sordid little mind, everyone held hands and fought for civil rights. This is not reality sweetie. I can however understand why you think this way. The media is responsible for spreading these lies.

I'm sure you also believe that most of the whites in South Africa were singing and fighting alongside Mandela to end apartheid. LOL LOL Please turn off CNN, Fox news, and MSNBC.

Old 12-08-2013, 06:04 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,029,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire_Dreams View Post
I see only a handful of white people in those photos, and plenty of blacks. Sorry, I don't see how that discounts my point. I have yet to find any pictures or footage depicting a significant number of Asians, Latinos (non Puerto Ricans), and whites protesting.
Not a single person in this thread has claimed that the numbers were equal, anyone with half a brain can see that most of the people involved in the civil rights movement were black BUT that doesn't in any way discount the contributions made by non-black people therefore blacks and non blacks both deserve credit for the civil rights movement. You apparently insist on only giving credit to black people because you obviously have biased and racist feelings towards non-black people.

I understand though, being raised as a perpetual victim does terrible things to the human brain.

Old 12-08-2013, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Not a single person in this thread has claimed that the numbers were equal, anyone with half a brain can see that most of the people involved in the civil rights movement were black BUT that doesn't in any way discount the contributions made by non-black people therefore blacks and non blacks both deserve credit for the civil rights movement. You apparently insist on only giving credit to black people because you obviously have biased and racist feelings towards non-black people.

I understand though, being raised as a perpetual victim does terrible things to the human brain.
So if hundreds of thousands of blacks are killed and injured and only a few whites are killed and/or injured, it's all equal in the end? I see. Carry on.

Are you jewish? Why is it that jews never give credit to black soldiers who fought for their rights in Germany, when blacks weren't even acknowledged as human beings in America.

Tell jews to forget about the holocaust and when/if they ever do, I'll forget about american slavery, segregation/jim crow and racism.

Old 12-08-2013, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Yes, and in your sordid little mind, everyone held hands and fought for civil rights. This is not reality sweetie. I can however understand why you think this way. The media is responsible for spreading these lies.
I posted stories and photos of non-black people who did a lot more than hold hands, they were killed fighting during the civil rights movement. That's the cold hard truth sugar pie whether you like it or not. In fact there were some white people who were killed fighting in the civil rights movement while there were black folks hiding out doing nothing. The media isn't responsible for the lies you spread, you are.

Old 12-08-2013, 06:09 PM

Quote:
So if hundreds of thousands of blacks are killed and injured and only a few whites are killed and/or injured, it's all equal in the end? I see. Carry on.
Once again, you are the only person trying to make things "equal".

I said was that there are non-black people who deserve some credit for fighting during the civil rights movement and you ignorantly disagree.

Old 12-08-2013, 06:12 PM

Quote:
I posted stories and photos of non-black people who did a lot more than hold hands, they were killed fighting during the civil rights movement. That's the cold hard truth sugar pie whether you like it or not. In fact there were some white people who were killed fighting in the civil rights movement while there were black folks hiding out doing nothing. The media isn't responsible for the lies you spread, you are.
LOL Keep typing, you are revealing yourself.

Surely, these blacks aren't hiding out.

Let me explain something to you sweetie, blacks were willing to die for freedom, what part of this don't you understand? whites, asians, hispanics and other groups didn't have the same impetus, because their rights weren't being violated. Black people didn't have the luxury to hide, in case you didn't know.

Old 12-08-2013, 06:15 PM

Quote:
LOL Keep typing, you are revealing yourself.
Wait do you believe that 100% of black people were actively fighting during the civil rights movement?

Old 12-08-2013, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Wait do you believe that 100% of black people were actively fighting during the civil rights movement?
Yes, black people fought for equality because Jim Crow/segregation impacted everyone who was identifiably black. It didn't matter how wealthy or poor the black person was, if they were black in America, they were deemed subhuman.

Why don't you dedicate more time to understanding and learning about the civil rights movement. I've already posted the "Eyes on the Prize" series for you to review.

Old 12-08-2013, 06:31 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,729,827 times
I'd say Johnson.

Neither man actually wanted anything to do with it at first. The Dixiecrats were a crucial part of the Democratic Party the simply could not afford to lose (or so they believed). Kennedy did his best to ignore the Civil Rights movement, but to his credit he eventually did the right thing after he had been backed into a corner.

Both men were racists -- by today's standards extremely racist. Both set aside their personal bigotries to do the right thing. We'll never know if Kennedy would have pulled up short to try to salvage the Dixiecrats Southern vote. Kennedy also didn't know he was going to die. Johnson had witnessed the death of Kennedy and knew to fear. Johnson stayed the course in the face of that fear and in direct counter-culture to his own Dixiecrat/Southern-Democrat roots.

Old 12-08-2013, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Let me explain something to you sweetie, blacks were willing to die for freedom, what part of this don't you understand? whites, asians, hispanics and other groups didn't have the same impetus, because their rights weren't being violated. Black people didn't have the luxury to hide, in case you didn't know.
Wow, You really are as utterly ignorant as I originally suspected.

You should try learning a little about just how badly Asians had their rights violated in this country. Japanese American internment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They didn't have the luxury to hide either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies