U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 10:49 AM

4,839 posts, read 3,430,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
They most certainly do deserve the benefits and so much more. I'm in awe of the men and women who put their country first before family. They risk their lives to protect us. Most are damaged either mentally or physically. Would you do that. Somehow I doubt it. So please tell me, if no one entered the military, then who would protect us. How about you go to war and then come back to us about eliminating the VA.
I'm curious if you feel the same awe towards firefighters & police, who are also protecting the people of this nation & put their lives in jeopardy every day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2013, 10:52 AM

1,752 posts, read 3,632,787 times
Where are the jobs?
If we had good jobs, we wouldn't need food stamps.
You all know that you have to make 15K or less to qualify for food
stamps?
You all realize that most of the people on food stamps are single
parents, the elderly, and veterans.
Despite your political party, what is wrong with people in this country?
How stupid are you all?
Do any of you know what happens when people are hungry?
Think about it.
What would you do if you worked full time with a child and couldn't
feed that child on what you made?
There aren't enough cops, trust me.
People get desperate when they don't have enough to eat.
This country is disgusting.

Old 12-09-2013, 11:18 AM

383 posts, read 516,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
the only reason why i look down on them is because i know the type of people who join.

most were going nowhere and this was a last resort.

i do not buy that the majority of people are in the military for "love of the country"

this is a paycheck to the vast majority of them.
People like you really **** me off. My Husband is a former Marine, who now makes six figures. He wasn't going nowhere when he joined. He served because he felt it was his obligation to serve. My son is currently in the Navy. He had 4 scholarships offered to him in his senior year of high school. He also was a scratch player in golf, with many jr tournaments under his belt and too many trophies to count and he could have chosen that route and tried to make a career out of it. He choose to serve his country. He happens to love the Navy he thinks it's great to be able to see the world. Being the wife of that former Marine, I know a lot of military folks. All of them, our friends, are doing great in the real world.

Old 12-09-2013, 11:23 AM

3,161 posts, read 3,716,926 times
so Obama is about to starve our Veterans ?

Old 12-09-2013, 11:30 AM

Location: 22 months till retirement and I can leave the hell hole of New Yakistan
23,329 posts, read 13,040,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkosmosis View Post
How would increasing military pay (BTW very unpopular with Republicans) help veterans on food stamps?
huh???

the military got better pay with bush, than with Obama or Clinton

the liberals are always hell bent on killing the military...even back before ww2 ..it doesn't change

Old 12-09-2013, 12:08 PM

47,314 posts, read 24,684,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vergofa View Post
As a disabled combat veteran, it really irks me when the military - hating left tries to use veterans to support the communist agenda which so many good Americans died fighting.

If want want to help the military, tell Obama to stop cutting their benefits and increase their pay so they don't need food stamps.
The last thing the military needs is a pay raise and a ramp up of benefits. They get plenty.

The only pay raise they should get is the normal yearly increase they get to keep up with inflation. Not a dime more.

BTW...what Americans died fighting Communism? I must've missed that war.

Old 12-09-2013, 12:13 PM

11,405 posts, read 5,570,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
I just looked through your posts/threads and I can't really tell if your a republican. But you talk like a republican and disrespect US soldiers like a republican.
There were a few good men and women.

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2013/12...-from-vietnam/

Old 12-09-2013, 12:18 PM

I swear, some people will do anything for money (security).

Old 12-09-2013, 12:19 PM

Location: 22 months till retirement and I can leave the hell hole of New Yakistan
23,329 posts, read 13,040,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The last thing the military needs is a pay raise and a ramp up of benefits. They get plenty.

The only pay raise they should get is the normal yearly increase they get to keep up with inflation. Not a dime more.

BTW...what Americans died fighting Communism? I must've missed that war.
the military is still way underpaid compared to the civilian population..yes they need rasies 'a little more than inflation' to at least catch up

Quote:
BTW...what Americans died fighting Communism? I must've missed that war.:
uhm korea...Vietnam .....

yep you missed it alrighty

Old 12-09-2013, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post

uhm korea...Vietnam .....

yep you missed it alrighty
Damn, so did I!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies