U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2013, 12:06 PM

38,000 posts, read 18,963,410 times

Advertisements

The income gap widened because of Obamas policies. We know that Obama wanted to raise taxes on a single making $200k and if married $250k.

why does $200,000 + $200,000 = $250,000 instead of $400,000 as a couple is beyond me. Is one spouse supposed to suddenly make only $50,000 from $200,000? Talk about blatant sexism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2013, 12:10 PM

I just don’t know why Obama calls people who make $200,000 a year “rich” and “millionaires”. Maybe you do. Millionaires are those who either make $1 million a year or more, or who have a net worth in the multi-millions.

Warren Buffet set our clueless politicians straight by suggesting we raise taxes on those making over $1 million a year. Let’s raise taxes on millionaires, you know, those who make over $1 million a year. If the President insists on using the word “millionaire” during his tax speeches, then let’s keep things consistent.

Old 12-09-2013, 12:21 PM

5,619 posts, read 2,124,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Not you. I was referring to the Obama posts coming from one poster. Your post was on topic and informative.
Then my bad for the assumption. We shall now carry on smartly.

Old 12-09-2013, 12:52 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,298,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I just don’t know why Obama calls people who make $200,000 a year “rich” and “millionaires”. Maybe you do. Millionaires are those who either make $1 million a year or more, or who have a net worth in the multi-millions.

Warren Buffet set our clueless politicians straight by suggesting we raise taxes on those making over $1 million a year. Let’s raise taxes on millionaires, you know, those who make over $1 million a year. If the President insists on using the word “millionaire” during his tax speeches, then let’s keep things consistent.
Sensible post petch, but to point. $200,000 A YEAR, is not rich these days in anyway shape or form. Unless your someone who does not beleive in saving, or puts everything on credit, you will remain poor.

That is not even considered rich, and is a complete joke. Sure if your someone who has only $25,000 in savings, then yes that is a lot. $25,000 in savings these days, is nothing, with the rising costs in every phrase of living. i love people who have reached riches by themselves, and put themselves to school, and worked 2 and 3 jobs at a time.

I loathe those who ***** about what others have, get off your azzes, and do something about it, many young today, have done just that.

Old 12-09-2013, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Sensible post petch, but to point. $200,000 A YEAR, is not rich these days in anyway shape or form. Unless your someone who does not beleive in saving, or puts everything on credit, you will remain poor.

That is not even considered rich, and is a complete joke. Sure if your someone who has only $25,000 in savings, then yes that is a lot. $25,000 in savings these days, is nothing, with the rising costs in every phrase of living. i love people who have reached riches by themselves, and put themselves to school, and worked 2 and 3 jobs at a time.

I loathe those who ***** about what others have, get off your azzes, and do something about it, many young today, have done just that.
Exactly and that's my point. He contradicts himself in one sentence and his supporters don't even realize it. They are supporting Obama who they think will legislate prosperity. Obama knows they lack financial intelligence and thats why he targeted them just like he targeted the young who don't know any better. They don't realize they are being used.

Old 12-09-2013, 01:05 PM

58,517 posts, read 31,895,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Then my bad for the assumption. We shall now carry on smartly.
The poster I was talking about is a known troll, who is hell bent on taking every thread off topic.

Old 12-09-2013, 01:17 PM

28,411 posts, read 14,149,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
The difference is what we classify as "rich". The people that are hiring and working and paying income taxes are not "rich" and are not manipulating our economy-even if they make $500,000 a year. It is very few people in our Corporatocracy (like a couple hundred families out of 300 Million Americans) that are in control and they have much money off-shore, do not work, hire few meaningful positions and do not pay income taxes. They are the true leeches in our country and system.
Wow, quite a show of ignorance there.

Take a look at the top 10 richest people in the US and tell us which ones aren't investing in companies that hire thousands of people.

Old 12-09-2013, 01:20 PM

28,411 posts, read 14,149,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Exactly and that's my point. He contradicts himself in one sentence and his supporters don't even realize it. They are supporting Obama who they think will legislate prosperity. Obama knows they lack financial intelligence and thats why he targeted them just like he targeted the young who don't know any better. They don't realize they are being used.
As you know, but others don't, you can't legislate people into prosperity, you can only pull them out of prosperity. And for many people here, that is exactly what they want. They don't believe it's fair for some to have so much, so they want it taken away to bring those people DOWN.

Old 12-09-2013, 01:27 PM

11,830 posts, read 9,840,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Wow, quite a show of ignorance there.

Take a look at the top 10 richest people in the US and tell us which ones aren't investing in companies that hire thousands of people.
You're calling me ignorant? 4 of the Top 10 richest people in The United States inherited the money from Wal Mart-who benefits from near slave labor in China and had a helping hand in decimating our manufacturing base in this country and growing China's economy. They employ tons of people sure-but I said "meaningful employment". Wal Mart is by far the #1 employer for welfare recipients and is a compelte drain on our Government. This is exactly what I mean-they are leeches on our Government and exploit our consumer culture.

David and Charles Koch are two more on the list-their money was also inherited and they are slimeballs that buy Governments and elections. Bill Gates is #1 and is a complete slimeball that has Millions and Millions invested in perhaps the most evil and Government invasive Corporation today, Monsanto. They are perhaps the poster-child for the rampant collusion between Multi-National Corporations and our now bought and paid for Government. Microsoft benefited society tons but, Gates has joined the club in a big way nowadays.

Last edited by 2e1m5a; 12-09-2013 at 01:43 PM..

Old 12-09-2013, 01:39 PM

2,721 posts, read 2,147,631 times
Why is there such inequality? Think about the US as a rubber band. If you take one finger and slide the rubber band forward, the entire rubber band moves, as the front of the rubber band moves, so does the middle / back,etc.

Now keep one finger pinned down holding the back of the rubber band in place while moving the front of rubber band forward. Yes, still expands but the distance grows btwn front and back.

The country and politicians continue to accept mass amounts of the uneducated illegal immigrants and does nothing about it. Rewards people for essentially doing nothing.

This keeps the back of the rubber band in place. This group isnt bettering themselves. they keep the bottom stagnant. It doesn't get better. So any forward movement by the front of the rubber band grows that gap. If the back isn't moving up or bettering themselves, the only other option would be not moving the front forward.

People want to focus on people earning $200k /$400k etc and almost hold them as the enemy. That's insane. Someone earning $200k a year working 60 hours is a lot closer to a person making minimum wage as they are to the true 0.1%.

Do you reduce inequality by going after massive amounts of wealth? Don't know. But trying to limit the successful people making a successful living is insane.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies