U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 10:46 PM

37,998 posts, read 18,943,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
As long as they hoard the wealth and hog things like healthcare (a human right) for themselves then America will not be voting on their side.
What in the world are those schools and your parents teaching you. Hoard healthcare? Really? And by the way. I used to like to spend but now I hoard just to spite you <sarcasm>
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2013, 04:15 AM

10,900 posts, read 7,712,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
What in the world are those schools and your parents teaching you. Hoard healthcare? Really? And by the way. I used to like to spend but now I hoard just to spite you <sarcasm>
He didn't learn this crap in school, he learned it from our president. The most divisive administration in the history of this nation.

Old 12-13-2013, 05:20 AM

7,497 posts, read 9,274,846 times
Sex trafficking and drug dealing really plump up that bottom line, doesn't it?

Old 12-13-2013, 05:27 AM

58,475 posts, read 31,862,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
What a strange question for me. I neither wrote the article, or posted it in this thread. Wouldn't that be a better question for either of those two people?

But if I had to guess, I would say that the author is claiming that 20% will at some time in their lives.
You wouldn't have to guess if you read the links.

Old 12-13-2013, 05:52 AM

9,618 posts, read 9,471,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I read it back when you posted it. I have no intention of reading it again now just to answer a question that should have been directed somewhere else.

But then, if the answer is in the article, shouldn't you be wondering why the person who asked the question didn't read it?

Last edited by AnesthesiaMD; 12-13-2013 at 06:43 AM..

Old 12-13-2013, 06:07 AM

11,829 posts, read 9,829,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
The exploitation is the entire corporate hierarchy system model. Based in control and debt. Behind a veil lacking in transparency and personal accountability.
Where have you been? Do you not see how the banks and govt are transferring wealth? The truly wealthy, even admit it. It is designed to funnel wealth.
There are discussions all over. LOL.
Have We Reached Peak Federal Reserve?

Revealed - the capitalist network that runs the world ...
From the article:

"In effect, less than 1 per cent of the companies were able to control 40 per cent of the entire network," says Glattfelder. Most were financial institutions. The top 20 included Barclays Bank, JPMorgan Chase & Co, and The Goldman Sachs Group.

Quote:
The few accumulating wealth is not a problem. In the past capitalism has provided wealth for the majority of the population, but that has changed.

Jefferson knew the dangers of unregulated banking:

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies... The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."

This is exactly what has happened. The unregulated banking and the corporations which grew up around them sucked the wealth out of the pockets of the regular people. He called the banks 'swindlers' because they always found a way to make money off of others.
Agreed! Nice post and very relevant quote, Finn.

The last part, meaning that we should disband the Federal Reserve and stop paying interest to a shadowy, private and international entity for the use of our own currency. Congress has the constitutional authority to issue our currency debt free. The Federal Reserve system is only meant to keep our country in perpetual debt and allow for collusion in the market.

Last edited by 2e1m5a; 12-13-2013 at 06:20 AM..

Old 12-13-2013, 06:56 AM

28,411 posts, read 14,127,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkosmosis View Post
If there is $100 total in the economy, and you have $90 and I have $10, in order for me to get $20 you must have $80.
ROFLMAO!!!

Wow, you are so wrong it's not even funny.

If that were the case than all of man kind would be splitting a few sticks from the original cave men.

Wealth is constantly increased as we take resources from around us.

Let's say you and I lived in the Klondike in the 19th century in a remote outpost that traded gold. There was a total of $100 worth of gold. One day I find a nugget worth $20. Now we have $120 worth of wealth at our outpost. You trap a beaver whose fur is worth $5. Now we have $125 worth of wealth at our outpost.

Do you understand how that works?

Geez, no wonder why people are jealous of the rich. They actually believe it's a net zero economy due to such ignorance.

Old 12-13-2013, 08:51 AM

9,618 posts, read 9,471,712 times
Quote:
I just came back to this again, because it is so bizarre.
I want to recap, just so we are clear on the events. I think when it is broken down, you will see how ridiculous it is.

1. Someone questioned ME about the validity of YOUR article.

2. I basically said "I don't know, and I don't want to be bothered to find out the answer."

3. Instead of telling the guy who asked the question to read the article to get his answer…OR instead of just answering his question yourself, you are telling me that I should read the article so I can answer HIS question about YOUR article.

The way I see it, this whole conversation could have been between the two of you without my involvement at all. Instead, for some reason, you two choose to use me as a mediator.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies