U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 12-09-2013, 01:15 PM
 
Location: Massachusetts
10,032 posts, read 6,865,846 times
Reputation: 4207

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
What does that have to do with the division that the GOP has been working on since Obama was elected? Just remember who said "our number one goal is to make Obama a one term president". I will give you a hint. It was a democrat.
It was a Democrat? Which one? Cite?
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-09-2013, 01:16 PM
 
Location: Massachusetts
10,032 posts, read 6,865,846 times
Reputation: 4207
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
No troops were on the ground and none were killed unlike your boys war. No.
The actions were legal and approved by Congress unlike you boy's war.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2013, 01:19 PM
 
38,020 posts, read 18,971,874 times
Reputation: 12088
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
What does that have to do with the division that the GOP has been working on since Obama was elected? Just remember who said "our number one goal is to make Obama a one term president". I will give you a hint. It was a democrat.
Not all wars are fought with guns. Obama has declared within our own borders. He declared war the American people, successful Americans.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2013, 01:30 PM
 
Location: Austin
28,986 posts, read 15,552,103 times
Reputation: 7744
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Evidence shows that Obama has healed both America and the world.
I'm thinking there is more evidence Obama pulled a booger out of George Washington's nose than what you posted.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2013, 01:38 PM
 
Location: Eastern NC
18,112 posts, read 16,654,923 times
Reputation: 15961
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
The actions were legal and approved by Congress unlike you boy's war.
Sorry but so was Obama's which is why he wasn't impeached or tried. Why are you still supporting the war, which killed over 4,000 Americans, over oil?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2013, 01:38 PM
 
Location: Austin
28,986 posts, read 15,552,103 times
Reputation: 7744
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
But since Obama is black and he is against supply side tax cuts for the rich, US republicans are attacking him. I guess now we need a white man who gives tax cuts to the rich elected president (to heal the republicans.)
Actually, he very much supports tax cuts for the rich. That's why he exempted his Hollywood buddies from last year's tax increase.

And BTW, he's half black and half white. Maybe that's why he likes to give tax cuts to his rich buddies.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2013, 01:46 PM
 
Location: Massachusetts
10,032 posts, read 6,865,846 times
Reputation: 4207
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Sorry but so was Obama's which is why he wasn't impeached or tried. Why are you still supporting the war, which killed over 4,000 Americans, over oil?
Action in Libya was approved by Congress? Cite? Explain your understanding of the War Powers Act and then maybe we can discuss this further.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2013, 01:47 PM
 
Location: Florida
19,747 posts, read 8,253,400 times
Reputation: 16159
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Who started the war? America, you say? I seem to recall we were attacked, right here on our soil, in a clear act of war.

Should there not have been a response, America would have been seen as weak; an easy target for further attacks. We did the right thing.
Really? We were attacked by Saudis whose home base was Afghanistan. So, of course we attack Saddam Hussein in Iraq, who had no connections to al qaeda or OBL. Iraq was a stupid unnecessary war planned the minute GWB was elected. And then Bush/Cheney never did catch OBL--too busy fighting in Iraq. But OBL was caught and killed, under Obama. Could we please get past the myth that Iraq war was necessary and accomplished anything at all.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2013, 01:47 PM
 
Location: New Orleans, La. USA
5,729 posts, read 2,621,598 times
Reputation: 2028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
I wonder how many they can get into one thread?


Liberal/Obama Supporter Auto Response Protocol™

1. The source isn't valid
2. That's racist
3. GOP obstruction
4. But...but...but George W. Bush
5. Haters gonna hate
6. Sour grapes- your guy lost
7. The insurance companies are at fault, Obama didn't lie
8. Repeat 1,2,3,4,5, 6 and/or 7 as needed then insult the opposition for failing to support this great man, declare victory, and move on
1. The source isn't valid.

We say that because republicans use invalid sources that are untrue. Like invalid sources saying "man made global warming is not happening" or "tax cuts for the rich increase government revenues." Do you think its OK to post lies?



2. That's racist.

You damn right we say that. We realize that racists are dangerous people.



3. GOP obstruction.

That is said when republicans do things like blame GW Bush's Iraq war casualties on B. Obama.



4. But...but...but George W. Bush.

Our deficit, debt, and war problems are because of GW Bush, but today republicans blame these problems on Obama.

Do you think we should all pretend that Obama caused our present problems?



5. Haters gonna hate.
6. Sour grapes- your guy lost.
7. The insurance companies are at fault, Obama didn't lie.
8. Repeat 1,2,3,4,5, 6 and/or 7 as needed then insult the opposition for failing to support this great man, declare victory, and move on.

The above 5-8 is organized like a "hater" would do it, and since I stay away from haters, (no comment.)


Chad.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2013, 03:23 PM
 
Location: Massachusetts
10,032 posts, read 6,865,846 times
Reputation: 4207
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
1. The source isn't valid.

We say that because republicans use invalid sources that are untrue. Like invalid sources saying "man made global warming is not happening" or "tax cuts for the rich increase government revenues." Do you think its OK to post lies?



2. That's racist.

You damn right we say that. We realize that racists are dangerous people.



3. GOP obstruction.

That is said when republicans do things like blame GW Bush's Iraq war casualties on B. Obama.



4. But...but...but George W. Bush.

Our deficit, debt, and war problems are because of GW Bush, but today republicans blame these problems on Obama.

Do you think we should all pretend that Obama caused our present problems?



5. Haters gonna hate.
6. Sour grapes- your guy lost.
7. The insurance companies are at fault, Obama didn't lie.
8. Repeat 1,2,3,4,5, 6 and/or 7 as needed then insult the opposition for failing to support this great man, declare victory, and move on.

The above 5-8 is organized like a "hater" would do it, and since I stay away from haters, (no comment.)


Chad.
No, rObots say those things because Obama is an epic failure and they have no other means of responding to defend their Dear Leader. Thanks for the laughable attempt though. I enjoy comedy.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top