U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-10-2013, 09:49 AM
 
16,553 posts, read 11,060,101 times
Reputation: 4226

Advertisements

The OP is a paid operative to flog anything to do with Obama's real identity. That's pretty much the ONLY thing the OP EVER posts or comments on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-10-2013, 09:50 AM
 
19,125 posts, read 9,077,720 times
Reputation: 3855
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
The irony of birthers referring to anyone as idiots is rich.
i do not believe the vast majority of birthers are stupid. i believe that most are either

A): an extreme example of cognitive dissonance and will accept almost anything that confirms their belief, no matter how improbable or fantastic, and reject anything that contradicts that belief, no matter how well documented.

or

B): they've heard some of the more popular birther misinformation ( his grandmother said she was there at his birth in kenya, all his records are sealed, nobody in HI could find his birth certificate ...etc ) and are content to believe it without actually researching the facts.


now, if that level of willful ignorance makes someone an "idiot" is up to subjective definition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2013, 09:56 AM
 
19,125 posts, read 9,077,720 times
Reputation: 3855
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
The OP is a paid operative to flog anything to do with Obama's real identity.
that would be nice if it were true.

sorry sourman, i'm just an average joe like you posting here with no other compensation than entertainment.

Quote:
That's pretty much the ONLY thing the OP EVER posts or comments on.
yep. most other topics on this forum are either rants dependent upon subjective opinion or subjects that would require more research and thought then i'm willing to give ( at least on this forum ).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2013, 10:03 AM
 
19,125 posts, read 9,077,720 times
Reputation: 3855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Neither side can produce acceptable evidence.
both the COLB (certificate of live birth) and the LFBC ("long-form" birth certificate) are "acceptable evidence" under the full faith and credit clause of the US constitution.

for more acceptable evidence see:

Barackryphal: Barack Obama Was Born in Hawaii
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2013, 10:07 AM
 
11,381 posts, read 5,560,277 times
Reputation: 1666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Neither side can produce acceptable evidence.
That pretty much leaves reality up to inference.

Did Obama ever tell a lie?

Would he lie to be president?

Is an arrogant person arrogant?

These are questions that have tormented mankind for millennia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2013, 10:11 AM
 
11,381 posts, read 5,560,277 times
Reputation: 1666
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
both the COLB (certificate of live birth) and the LFBC ("long-form" birth certificate) are "acceptable evidence" under the full faith and credit clause of the US constitution.

for more acceptable evidence see:

Barackryphal: Barack Obama Was Born in Hawaii
Certifying whether a birth was a live birth or a dead birth - well, that's just not enough information.

Most people agree that he was born at all.

Questions remain.

The paper trail is irregular.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2013, 10:14 AM
 
19,125 posts, read 9,077,720 times
Reputation: 3855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Did Obama ever tell a lie?
nearly all the evidence i linked to is not dependent upon if obama is telling the truth or not.

exactly what lie could he tell that would change the 1961 birth index or the contemporaneous newspaper accounts ( available on microfilm in multiple libraries across the US including the library of congress )? what lie could he tell that could change the statement of HI gov linda lingle, a republican working for the mccain campaign when she confirmed obama's birth?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2013, 10:18 AM
 
19,125 posts, read 9,077,720 times
Reputation: 3855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
....well, that's just not enough information.
place of birth: honolulu, HI USA

date of birth: aug 4, 1961

jus soli = "natural born citizen"

age = 35+


what other information do you need from the birth certificate for presidential eligibility?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2013, 10:20 AM
 
11,381 posts, read 5,560,277 times
Reputation: 1666
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
nearly all the evidence i linked to is not dependent upon if obama is telling the truth or not.

exactly what lie could he tell that would change the 1961 birth index or the contemporaneous newspaper accounts ( available on microfilm in multiple libraries across the US including the library of congress )? what lie could he tell that could change the statement of HI gov linda lingle, a republican working for the mccain campaign when she confirmed obama's birth?
Politicians don't lie, they just abrogate the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2013, 10:21 AM
 
11,381 posts, read 5,560,277 times
Reputation: 1666
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
place of birth: honolulu, HI USA

date of birth: aug 4, 1961

jus soli = "natural born citizen"

age = 35+


what other information do you need from the birth certificate for presidential eligibility?
Hypothesis to support synthesis?

He seems to be a synthetic person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top