Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 08:22 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
You should have found a better roommate, I don't know anyone who tries to apply politics and taxation to renting. You two agreed on a specific amount, and I guess you could always renegotiate the price later on, but I don't see why anyone would want to do that.

Do you try to apply politics to everything in your life? That must be really tiring.
Yep, an agreement could be renegotiated and that is what she tried to do. So if someone expects me to pay more because I make better money.. you say "I could find better"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2013, 08:27 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Yep, we both agreed to split the bills 5050 until she found out that after I graduated I made more money. That's when she said that I should pay more because I made more.

If that's how people see it maybe instead of trying to improve our skills so we can have a better life and people think we should pay their share if we do make better money, maybe we should all just not bother like them.
oh, so she decided you should pay more than "your fair share", for the exact same space and benefits she was using?

um, no..

She sounds like some liberal posters around here..

If she cant afford to pay her 50%, then tell her its not your fault she over extended herself and you'll find osmeone who will.

Old 12-17-2013, 08:48 PM

5,633 posts, read 5,359,373 times
Quote:
Isn't it funny those who are guilty of the same, "you make more you should pay more" thinking deny it exists. It still exists today.
I didn't deny that the thinking exists. I suggested that you completely fabricated this story in your long line of crazy things that have happened to you from evil liberals.

Quote:
There are young kids who graduated and making better money than you and they are force to pay taxes because of people who don't make as much or people who won't work.
They would still be "forced" to pay taxes no matter how much other people make. Stop crying about it. I pay taxes. A lot of them. I don't whine incessantly about it. And why, in nearly every thread, when you try to defend your position, you have to say "other people make more than you", I have no idea what point you're trying to prove. A lot of people make more than you do, too. A lot of people make more than every single poster on this forum. So what's your point?

Old 12-17-2013, 09:32 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,369,351 times
Quote:
When I was in college I lived with a friend and we split the rent and bills 50/50. I went to school and worked. She worked but partied on her days off. When I graduated I got a job that paid more. She said, you should pay more of the rent since you make more. Do you think I should have paid more?
No. Just because you make more doesn't mean you should pay more, it's too bad more people don't see where that logic leads. You shouldn't have a liberal for a room mate, I bet she wouldn't have volunteered to pay more if you got a job that paid less.

Old 12-17-2013, 09:37 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
When I was in college I lived with a friend and we split the rent and bills 50/50. I went to school and worked. She worked but partied on her days off. When I graduated I got a job that paid more. She said, you should pay more of the rent since you make more. Do you think I should have paid more?
Depends. I don't agree with her rationale - I don't think you should pay more just on the basis that you make more money. But if you had the bigger bedroom, used the utilities more, and used the place more often for entertaining guests, for example, then I think it is justified that you pay more. You have a bigger footprint in the place and you benefit more from it.

[of course, I'm thinking measurably more not nickel and dime stuff]

Old 12-17-2013, 09:37 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Yep, an agreement could be renegotiated and that is what she tried to do. So if someone expects me to pay more because I make better money.. you say "I could find better"
Yes, not sure what you and your fake roommate has to do with anything. I assume you said no and she either moved out to a better deal or agreed with you and stayed. Not everything is about politics and taxation.

Old 12-17-2013, 09:40 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Not everything is about politics and taxation.
Then why did you mention them, because the OP didnt..

Old 12-17-2013, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
No. Just because you make more doesn't mean you should pay more, it's too bad more people don't see where that logic leads. You shouldn't have a liberal for a room mate, I bet she wouldn't have volunteered to pay more if you got a job that paid less.
I agree, I am sure he would have been better with a far right wing minded roommate, which is also why I find this story to be fictional, I seriously doubt this OP could stand to live with someone who disagreed with them politically based off what I have read from him over the time he has been on this site....which he has a history of fabricating stories to try to make a weak point.

Old 12-17-2013, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Then why did you mention them, because the OP didnt..
Then in that case, if this isn't about politics or taxation, then this should be moved to the correct forum section because it is not about politics and other controversies.

Old 12-17-2013, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Depends. I don't agree with her rationale - I don't think you should pay more just on the basis that you make more money. But if you had the bigger bedroom, used the utilities more, and used the place more often for entertaining guests, for example, then I think it is justified that you pay more. You have a bigger footprint in the place and you benefit more from it.

[of course, I'm thinking measurably more not nickel and dime stuff]
Indeed, if one roommate takes up 80% of the apartment and the other roommate takes up 20%, then the 50/50 split is unfair to the one only taking up 20%, thus the one taking up 80% should definitely pay more in rent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies