Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which social gap is wider? Whites & Blacks? Men & Women?
The divide between whites & blacks 37 62.71%
The divide between men & women 22 37.29%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 06:08 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,975,078 times

Advertisements

Which social divide in our time is greater and deserves more attention and resources?

The divide between men and women or the divide between whites and blacks? I have a feeling I know which way this will go, and though I am not a woman, consider the tribulations that many women do go through that neither white men nor even black men have to endure.

- Having extra repairs or costs tacked on at a car shop
- Lower wages for same positions
- Amount of women in low paying entry field jobs
- Sexual harassment still a major issue for most women
- Double standards. A girl who has slept with X number of men is a **** or a ***** in the eyes of some.
- Face more adversity to applying for some jobs. Firefighters, certain military jobs, etc
- Jokes about women's role, to stay home, to cook, to take care of children, etc

So which gap is wider? Men and women? Or blacks and whites?

Old 12-09-2013, 06:16 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Men are raised to look at women.
Women are raised to to look at men.
Then hormones kick in. Mother Nature.

Much different than the tribal mentality of Race.
The different & weak are attacked... Mother Nature.

Old 12-10-2013, 07:59 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
Which social divide in our time is greater and deserves more attention and resources?

The divide between men and women or the divide between whites and blacks? I have a feeling I know which way this will go, and though I am not a woman, consider the tribulations that many women do go through that neither white men nor even black men have to endure.

- Double standards. A girl who has slept with X number of men is a **** or a ***** in the eyes of some.
- Face more adversity to applying for some jobs. Firefighters, certain military jobs, etc
- Jokes about women's role, to stay home, to cook, to take care of children, etc

They're all connected IMHO. I say that because white men rank higher than white women but Black dudes rank LOWER than Black ladies in many ways. Hispanic I ain't touching because it's a BS word tho it usually means Spanish speaking Indians.

Old 12-10-2013, 08:19 PM

6,940 posts, read 9,678,883 times
It's actually old vs young.

Old 12-10-2013, 08:57 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Might be because some older pals of mine told me about the "generation gap" of about 1970. I was a small kid then.

Old 12-10-2013, 08:59 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,595,073 times
To be born a crippled black lesbian...the world would be handed to you.

Old 12-10-2013, 09:12 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:

What kind of people do you surround yourself with? There is no divide between men and woman. Each has different priorities and ways of seeing things. No biggie as long as one doesn't try to force their way or the highway on the other. No one like to be controlled by any means.

Old 12-10-2013, 09:55 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Yep; the people who said don't trust anyone over 30 ;now say don't trust anyone under 50.

Old 12-10-2013, 10:13 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,472,256 times
Quote:

Neither.

The dumb and dumber is the greater social divide.

[who those people actually are depends on who you are...]

Old 12-10-2013, 10:16 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,975,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
What kind of people do you surround yourself with? There is no divide between men and woman. Each has different priorities and ways of seeing things. No biggie as long as one doesn't try to force their way or the highway on the other. No one like to be controlled by any means.
I'm sorry, but if you are saying that men and women are equal on all playing fields then you are willfully ignorant. Society has been set up to favor men, if you don't see this then you really don't pay attention to the world around you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies