U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 09:18 AM

520 posts, read 828,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
The Flat Earth Society believes AGW is a catastrophic threat. JUst like the experts told us the world was flat way back when.
That's a common myth- educated people knew for centuries before Columbus that the world wasn't flat.

You're telling me an organization actually named themselves after a misconception that could have been cleared up with a 3 minute google search?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2013, 09:43 AM

30,037 posts, read 30,676,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lerner View Post
That's a common myth- educated people knew for centuries before Columbus that the world wasn't flat.

You're telling me an organization actually named themselves after a misconception that could have been cleared up with a 3 minute google search?
People believe all sorts of ridiculous things, almost half of Americans believe in creation over evolution..Many believe in an earth that was created less than 10,000 years ago...I won't even get into talking snakes and such.

The Flat Earth Society -- Home

Old 12-10-2013, 09:50 AM

14,298 posts, read 7,728,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
And then...
Antarctic sea ice hit 35-year record high Saturday

I have to wonder, does ANYBODY really KNOW what is happening?
Oh, sure, there are a LOT of "theories" and "dire predictions", but does anybody really KNOW??
And, if they DO really know, WHY is humanity not doing something to cope with the inevitable consequences, instead of the constant argument about what is going to happen?
That's just it, we don't really understand all the complexities of this planet yet.

I've read that scientists do not yet understand El Nino and La Nina, we have no way of determining which of those two events will manifest itself. All we can do is monitor the ocean to see which one is created, and then witness the results.

Scientists do not understand the mechanics of the Arctic Ocean, and yet there too, they use any indications of warming in the Arctic as more proof that man-induced CO2 is responsible. Is man-induced CO2 is responsible for affecting the rate at which sea ice forms in the Arctic? Is CO2 responsible for lowering the albedo of the Arctic Ocean, or increasing it for the Antarctic?

Old 12-10-2013, 09:57 AM

20,995 posts, read 10,627,451 times
The one thing I know for sure is that the proposals made by the Goreists will accomplish nothing except ship jobs to India and China and make Al richer.

Old 12-10-2013, 09:59 AM

14,298 posts, read 7,728,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The one thing I know for sure is that the proposals made by the Goreists will accomplish nothing except ship jobs to India and China and make Al richer.
Those policies will also pour our money into the coffers of every tin pot dictator, in the form of reparations for climate justice.

Old 12-10-2013, 10:12 AM

46,054 posts, read 28,271,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
It is not a problem within you we-er's scope of resolution.

Don't try to recruit me into your "we".

Just go blow up some asteroids, or something.

If Congress won't give you the money, just buy and play "asteroids" on your old computer.

Asteroids Game - Play for free online!
Feel free to continue ignoring science, the world will gladly move on without you.

Old 12-10-2013, 11:19 AM

15,087 posts, read 11,522,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
And then...
Antarctic sea ice hit 35-year record high Saturday

I have to wonder, does ANYBODY really KNOW what is happening?
Oh, sure, there are a LOT of "theories" and "dire predictions", but does anybody really KNOW??
And, if they DO really know, WHY is humanity not doing something to cope with the inevitable consequences, instead of the constant argument about what is going to happen?

It would behoove you to actually do some research on WHY Antarctic sea ice is growing. The answer may surprise you.
Next time, do some reading before throwing nonsense out there. Otherwise, it makes you look foolish.

Old 12-10-2013, 12:21 PM

54,159 posts, read 38,236,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Yes, blame AGW. Now we have the coldest temp ever recorded on earth. This "pause" in Global Warming is killing us!!!!!! We should all burn more coal so we can get our warm temperatures back.

A new look at NASA satellite data revealed that Earth set a new record for coldest temperature recorded. It happened in August 2010 when it hit -135.8 degrees. Then on July 31 of this year, it came close again: -135.3 degrees.

Cold dis-comfort: Antarctica set record of -135.8
Wouldn't want to bother looking at the entire picture now, would ya?

This Month in Climate History: Earth

Old 12-10-2013, 01:32 PM

3,522 posts, read 1,608,122 times
Antarctica is a “canary in the coal mine” when and only when alarmists say it is.

Old 12-10-2013, 01:34 PM

15,087 posts, read 11,522,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
Antarctica is a “canary in the coal mine” when and only when alarmists say it is.
That would be the Arctic, not the Antarctic, but thanks for playing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies