U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-10-2013, 05:10 AM
 
25,351 posts, read 37,514,449 times
Reputation: 13270

Advertisements

Obama is misusing the word racism whenever it is convenient for him.

When will Obama and Oprah start to understand that they have the opportunity to do something about it instead of stirring the pot over and over and creating more racism.

If we disagree with Alabama we are a racist, but all we say that Obama ideas are not ours!!!

Oops I did it again, I guess I'm a racist in both their eyes but all I do is having MY own opinion which divers from theirs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-10-2013, 08:18 AM
 
Location: Annandale, VA
5,098 posts, read 4,126,632 times
Reputation: 4199
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Obama is misusing the word racism whenever it is convenient for him.

When will Obama and Oprah start to understand that they have the opportunity to do something about it instead of stirring the pot over and over and creating more racism.

If we disagree with Alabama we are a racist, but all we say that Obama ideas are not ours!!!

Oops I did it again, I guess I'm a racist in both their eyes but all I do is having MY own opinion which divers from theirs.

Why is Barry dropping his "g's" during his speech. Those real Africans aren't from the hood. Most speak better English than him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2013, 08:36 AM
NCN
 
Location: NC/SC Border Patrol
21,136 posts, read 21,143,346 times
Reputation: 23168
I got up early this morning and listened to part of Obama's speech while drinking coffee. You might say it was a cultural experience. Whew! LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2013, 08:56 AM
 
Location: The High Plains
525 posts, read 417,823 times
Reputation: 244
If he really wants to address racism, he needs to address what is happening in the rural parts of the South Africa. Afrikaner farmers are being butchered daily for no reason other than the fact that they are white and own land. I understand the anger that comes from being a victim to apartheid, but two wrongs don't make a right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2013, 09:14 AM
NCN
 
Location: NC/SC Border Patrol
21,136 posts, read 21,143,346 times
Reputation: 23168
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZcardinal402 View Post
If he really wants to address racism, he needs to address what is happening in the rural parts of the South Africa. Afrikaner farmers are being butchered daily for no reason other than the fact that they are white and own land. I understand the anger that comes from being a victim to apartheid, but two wrongs don't make a right.
Or maybe address people in America being murdered when they come back to their home that is being robbed. I guess murdering white people doesn't matter. That's the impression I get. Nobody in the NAACP has said a word about the latest volunteer firefighter whose child will have to be brought up without a father. They are too busy fussing because justice sometimes gets done when a black person is convicted of his crimes.

My question is "Do black people ever think of themselves as just human beings?" This morning I definitely did not feel Obama was representing America. Sounded more like he was planning for black people to take over the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2013, 09:31 AM
 
5,430 posts, read 4,201,961 times
Reputation: 5732
Looks like he's got bigger problems now.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2013, 09:35 AM
 
Location: Maui County, HI
4,131 posts, read 6,069,976 times
Reputation: 3357
The irony here is that the hatred toward Mandela from the far right is due to racism. Yes, a lot of people are misinformed about the history of Mandela and the revolution against the fascists in South Africa, but that misinformation is perpetrated by racists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2013, 09:54 AM
 
Location: Midwest
29,145 posts, read 18,402,934 times
Reputation: 6972
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Obama is misusing the word racism whenever it is convenient for him.

When will Obama and Oprah start to understand that they have the opportunity to do something about it instead of stirring the pot over and over and creating more racism.

If we disagree with Alabama we are a racist, but all we say that Obama ideas are not ours!!!

Oops I did it again, I guess I'm a racist in both their eyes but all I do is having MY own opinion which divers from theirs.
Want to see racist comments? Look at what people posted on the Fox News website before Fox News took it down.

Fox Nation Readers React To Death Of Nelson Mandela With Racism, Death Wishes For Obama - NewsHounds
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2013, 10:02 AM
 
23,851 posts, read 19,159,067 times
Reputation: 9377
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkosmosis View Post
The irony here is that the hatred toward Mandela from the far right is due to racism. Yes, a lot of people are misinformed about the history of Mandela and the revolution against the fascists in South Africa, but that misinformation is perpetrated by racists.
When all else fails, and a liberal is backed into a corner having nothing else to contribute, he/she unfailingly will blame the "far right" for racism, no matter the topic.

Your ilk are disgusting. Your ideology the scourge of the earth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2013, 10:05 AM
 
7,310 posts, read 4,681,340 times
Reputation: 6314
If we were all getting along, how would pinky and the brain take over the universe? Divide and conquer, pin people against one another, that way we're not united against them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top