Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2013, 01:50 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Yes but we shouldn't just say that you should or shouldn't have kids until you can support them, not every case allows for that to be a reality. Let's remember the whole "you will do this if you really love me" play that many guys do. It's not as easy as a lot of you right-wing nut jobs make it seem.

Other options:
birth control - not 100% effective no matter what type
abstinence - it only works if you stay abstinent.
adoption - this one is tricky because even some who are ready to put their child up for adoption are but when they see their baby, they can't.

You and I both know rape victims are often on trial the same as the attacker. Their entire sexual history is "fair game" when it comes time for the trial. Whether it is fair or not is a different story, this is just the way it is.
I support reasonable choice as far as abortion goes.

Just think, good morals would reduce a lot of these problem. As for baby mamas, learning how to say "no" would be a good start. For men, learning what "no" means would be a good start.

Last edited by petch751; 12-14-2013 at 01:58 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2013, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Yes but we shouldn't just say that you should or shouldn't have kids until you can support them
Having kids you can't afford to support is very very selfish!

The left always says "but what about the kids", "you are cold". It is cold to bring kids you can't support into poverty. If you think that is caring about the kids? wow, that's sad.

Old 12-14-2013, 02:45 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Having kids you can't afford to support is very very selfish!

The left always says "but what about the kids", "you are cold". It is cold to bring kids you can't support into poverty. If you think that is caring about the kids? wow, that's sad.
We must now assume you favor women having more access to birth control. Good to hear.

Old 12-14-2013, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
We must now assume you favor women having more access to birth control. Good to hear.
I always had access and I didn't expect someone else to pay for it

Oh I get it! Everyone has access except for those who need someone else to pay for them to play

Old 12-14-2013, 02:49 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
I support reasonable choice as far as abortion goes.

Just think, good morals would reduce a lot of these problem. As for baby mamas, learning how to say "no" would be a good start. For men, learning what "no" means would be a good start.
I think you are missing the point of the problem. I don't think that "saying no" is the problem, the issue is we live in a post-sexual liberation society where it isn't wrong to have sex before marriage (not that it still didn't happen) but in many cases people use sex for an endgame. Such as the whole "you know if you don't do it, you aren't in love with me" logic. As for baby mamas, different issue. The problem is you want a simple answer to a complex question with a lot of muddiness because of the different steps to what is a woman getting pregnant. Rape is not the same (just similar to) "if you love me, you'll do this" and is different than totally willing. To say that all are the same and women should just lock their legs closed is simplistic and foolish.

Old 12-14-2013, 02:51 PM

Bringing a child into poverty is selfish PERIOD!

YOU bring rape up I'm talking about loose woman, not rape.

Old 12-14-2013, 02:51 PM

367 posts, read 959,619 times
Quote:

To say that all are the same and women should just lock their legs closed is simplistic and foolish.
But absolutely true, none the less.

Old 12-14-2013, 07:51 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Bringing a child into poverty is selfish PERIOD!

YOU bring rape up I'm talking about loose woman, not rape.
First off the initial post didn't sound like you meant just "loose" women.

Second off, what would you define as a "loose" woman, would it include those who "fall" for the "if you live me, you'll do this" line.

Old 12-15-2013, 08:26 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,261,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Meanwhile, tons of New York City Obama supporters are realizing that they've been screwed by the "Affordable Care Act":

Link: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/14/ny...=pl-share&_r=0

It is nice to see liberals paying for their foolish votes, finally.
How could these people have possibly thought that ObamaCare wouldn't hurt them? Don't they read? or do they just read the wrong stuff. Wait until they find out what their new Mayor has in store for them - they thought Nanny Bloomberg was bad? They ain't seen nothin' yet.

Old 12-15-2013, 08:56 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,366,177 times
One of this mans hallmark statement selling points was.....

Getting sick should not bankrupt you. This really sounds great until you figure out that....

the truer reality is......paying for the policy and deductibles will be what bankrupts you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies