U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2013, 07:32 AM

13,155 posts, read 16,876,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Why are you sorry that a fellow citizen got health insurance? That's a strange thing to be sorry about.

I have a friend whose health insurance got cancelled... and replaced with one costing $50 less and with better coverage. Do you feel sorry for him too?

I have another couple of friends, both independent contractors, one of whom is a Republican, whose monthly premiums have been slashed by 2/3 or even more thanks to Obamacare. Shall I pass along your regrets to them as well?
No, pass the regrets on to the taxpayers who will be paying for the subsidies for people such as these.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2013, 07:47 AM

3,576 posts, read 5,904,462 times
Quote:
Why are you sorry that a fellow citizen got health insurance? That's a strange thing to be sorry about.

I have a friend whose health insurance got cancelled... and replaced with one costing $50 less and with better coverage. Do you feel sorry for him too?

I have another couple of friends, both independent contractors, one of whom is a Republican, whose monthly premiums have been slashed by 2/3 or even more thanks to Obamacare. Shall I pass along your regrets to them as well?
Get back to me if you find anyone under age 40 who was pretty healthy (which the vast majority of people are) who have gotten their premiums slashed who are are paying full price without subsidies.

I'll be waiting a very long time to hear a story about that.

I bet your "friend" is over age 50 or pretty poor or both.

Old 12-21-2013, 08:18 AM

29,931 posts, read 34,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneftp View Post
I bet your "friend" is over age 50
All my self employed friends here in TX over 50 are paying substantially more for their Insurance because of ACA.

Old 12-21-2013, 08:40 AM

8,293 posts, read 3,456,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneftp View Post
Get back to me if you find anyone under age 40 who was pretty healthy (which the vast majority of people are) who have gotten their premiums slashed who are are paying full price without subsidies.

I'll be waiting a very long time to hear a story about that.

I bet your "friend" is over age 50 or pretty poor or both.
BINGO for the bottom line essence end point reality!

Old 12-21-2013, 09:21 AM

10,713 posts, read 11,414,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Anyone who denies there are many sweet success stories like yours is foolish. The Obama cultists who deny that many more millions who are hurt by Ocare are foolish. You all deserve each other.
The only ones foolish are the right wing sheep that believe the fabricated lies told to them by their propaganda masters.

Old 12-21-2013, 09:32 AM

9,103 posts, read 4,527,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
The only ones foolish are the right wing sheep that believe the fabricated lies told to them by their propaganda masters.
Exactly what I mean. ObamaCult members like you deserve the lying rw. Your psychological problem in not being able to admit millions were hurt by Ocare amounts to following The Leader, lying.

Old 12-21-2013, 09:49 AM

10,713 posts, read 11,414,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Exactly what I mean. ObamaCult members like you deserve the lying rw. Your psychological problem in not being able to admit millions were hurt by Ocare amounts to following The Leader, lying.
Who are these "millions?" Exactly, you can't name anything because the radical right wing lemmings believe everything Beck and Limbaugh tells them without question.

I had my insurance dropped.
I now will have better coverage.
The ACA does not cause armageddon and gas chambers.

It's ok to think for yourself and not just do as you're told

Old 12-21-2013, 10:16 AM

27,840 posts, read 37,862,795 times
He lied!!

Old 12-21-2013, 10:32 AM

9,103 posts, read 4,527,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Who are these "millions?" Exactly, you can't name anything because the radical right wing lemmings believe everything Beck and Limbaugh tells them without question.

I had my insurance dropped.
I now will have better coverage.
The ACA does not cause armageddon and gas chambers.

It's ok to think for yourself and not just do as you're told
You're good at tossing around OCult words like sheep, lemmings, Beck, Limbaugh, blahblahblah. Armageddon and gas chambers ?

AP poll---

"In the survey, nearly half of those with job-based or other private coverage say their policies will be changing next year - mostly for the worse. Nearly 4 in 5 (77 percent) blame the changes on the Affordable Care Act ."

For every story like yours, there are dozens who've had higher premiums, deductibles, copay. When the large employer mandate kicks-in, millions more will raise heck. Then we'll have the bailout of health insurers. Ugly.

Those of us who are non-partisan view hacks like you and hacks from the right as equally humorous and, if you believe what you write, pitiful.

Old 12-21-2013, 11:19 AM

29,125 posts, read 21,142,633 times
Quote:

Those stories are the exception, not the rule.

The millennials who put President Obama in the White House are dropping their support in droves because Obamacare has been outed as the Unaffordable Care Act.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies