U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2013, 10:40 AM

8,031 posts, read 7,390,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
You were so anxious for someone to bring up a homophobic comment you just couldn't wait to make that false comparison. lol
Exactly. The boy-man in that ad doesn't mean gay. Plenty of gay men that women swoon over and are physically fit and "manly" in every other way.

The kid in the ad looks like Pat's spoiled child who has never done a day of real work in his life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2013, 10:41 AM

86,093 posts, read 70,244,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Exactly. Everyone is being forced onto high deductible plans, most without the benefit of an HSA. These families don't have the dough to cover a $12,000 deductible - they are back to praying no one gets sick or in an accident - or facing bankruptcy.

What problem exactly did the so-called affordable care act actually solve? Certainly not the affordability of access to healthcare.
Bump up FICA 2%, expand medicaid and those over 133% FPL pay premiums.

There, your problem of people not able to get or afford health insurance is solved.
We pay more in payroll taxes but keep what we had.

But our government never applies the KISS principle to any social problem.

Old 12-23-2013, 10:44 AM

9,833 posts, read 5,628,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post

There, your problem of people not able to get or afford health insurance is solved.

That's because it was never about "affordable health care" from the begining. It is about control, and manipulation.

Old 12-23-2013, 10:44 AM

7,310 posts, read 4,707,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Exactly. The boy-man in that ad doesn't mean gay. Plenty of gay men that women swoon over and are physically fit and "manly" in every other way.

The kid in the ad looks like Pat's spoiled child who has never done a day of real work in his life.
Yeh, I don't think gay when I see that picture. I think of someone who hangs out at Starbucks a lot with a superiority complex.

Old 12-23-2013, 10:45 AM

7,072 posts, read 5,113,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post

That's certainly better than the "fix" we got from the smartest people ever.

Old 12-23-2013, 10:51 AM

86,093 posts, read 70,244,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
That's certainly better than the "fix" we got from the smartest people ever.
Plain as the nose on your face.
The USG has a program in place that could have easily been expanded.

So the goal was not to offer "affordable health insurance".

Now these people will get subsidized premiums.
The government will send the subsidy to the insurer.
Supposedly this is a future tax credit that people get to take now.
So when they file taxes what happens if they got more subsidy than is calculated ?
Remember they are "estimating" their next year's income.

Say I get $6K in subsidy based on what I think I'm going to earn.
But when I do my taxes it comes out to $4K in credit.
Do I now owe the IRS $2k ?

What happens if you lose your job during the year.
Is the subsidy you took now forgiven and just written off as a loss ?
Or will this be treated like a loan that carries forward ?

We still have a lot of unknowns here that haven't even bubbled up to the surface.

And as far as employer verification of salary…what employer is going to verify "future salary" to the USG ?
I'm not surprised that got dropped and I doubt it will get implemented.
What they should have done is base it on your last year's tax return ..verifiable salary.
This just opens the door to fraud and corruption which we have already seen evidence of.

Old 12-23-2013, 11:02 AM

38,087 posts, read 19,119,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Wow, that ad is terrible. Hello Pat from SNL! And I'm guessing that unfortunately, us taxpayers are footing the bill for this rubbish.

But what did you expect from those who brought us "Vote with your lady parts" the last election...
Yes the "Vote with your lady parts", "War on Women" "from cradle to grave Julia" campaigns were an embarrassment for woman, at least for strong woman. Now they are insulting the millennial.

Old 12-23-2013, 11:05 AM

38,087 posts, read 19,119,166 times
Obama and his administration thinks we are a bunch of helpless people who needs the government to survive when in fact they need us to buy into their propaganda to survive otherwise they wouldn't spend so much of our tax payer money to try to convince us.

Old 12-23-2013, 12:04 PM

1,074 posts, read 623,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
First it was from cradle to grave and the life of Julia where government is everywhere and each step of her life is tied to a government program. Notably absent in her story is any relationship with a husband, family, church or community.

Now it's pajama boy. I would think that young people would find this being looked at as if you were a child would be insulting.
I'm so fed up, and sick and tired of this damned administration, Obama and the Democrats. The president is a despot, hungry for power, and bent on destroying Liberty. He is no smarter than the little dictator that controls North Korea, and equally as evil.

Old 12-23-2013, 12:05 PM

3,339 posts, read 2,377,055 times
I have watched many many hours of ACA hearings & committee meetings on C-SPAN over the past 4 years. Just a few weeks ago I watched them discuss this "claw back" of the subsidies if people underestimate their income when applying for the insurance. And yes, it is supposed to be collected back when you file your tax return.

This is the main reason we are hoping to stay out of Obamacare, we are self-employed and our income changes drastically year to year.

At the same hearing, the IRS officials promised that they would be able to verify incomes on all applicants, much to the disbelief of many at the hearing. The IRS said they had hired Equifax to assist in the verification and would also be using IRS & Social Security records.

Now, this is a few weeks ago, I have no idea if they are actually doing the verifications during the enrollment, since so many changes have happened since the October rollout. I don't know if this is why some people are receiving notices of higher premiums after they apply on the site.

There are so many things we don't know, no matter how vigilant some of us try to be in keeping on top of the bill and the constant changes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies