U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 09:30 PM

1,404 posts, read 834,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
The US Constitution has another name for them - a bill of attainder, and they are prohibited under Article I, Section 9, Clause 3.
Obama doesn't let a little thing like the Constitution get in the way. Besides, one of the primary selling points (among other lies) of Obamacare was that it wouldn't be a tax. The SCOTUS decided that it would only be legal (and apparently Constitutional) if it is a tax.

This is the bait and switch scam of the century.

I can't believe how many people simply don't care how much they're lied to as long as the liars have D's attached. It's incredible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
They were flooding ER before. It's a habit by now. Why should they go to their primary care physician? If they are on medicaid, good luck in finding a primary care physician anyway. Fewer doctors are accepting medicaid patients. Same is true for Medicare. If you can't find a doctor, where do you go? ER.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
Medicaid recipients use ERs at higher rates.

Surging Medicaid Use in California
Shhhh... common sense only confuses them. They still believe that Obamacare will lower the debt too.

They don't "GET" that ER's ARE the primary care providers for people on Medicaid, and will be for the ACA as well. It's estimated that as many as 70% of doctors and 40% of hospitals will opt out. Anyone, with a lick of mathematical skill, knows this adds up to over crowded ER's.

Last edited by surfman; 12-31-2013 at 09:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2013, 09:54 PM

Health care policy experts are expressing concern that Americans who have successfully enrolled for health insurance under the Affordable Care Act could face a shortage of primary care doctors, dentists and mental health professionals after Jan. 1, 2014.

With the shortage of primary care doctors even before the ACA, a sudden increase in demand for medical services under the reform could crash the health care system.

Health-care policy experts sound alarm about looming doctor shortage under ACA

and for those who require a liberal cite:
Doctor Shortage Looming As Obamacare Rolls Out

Old 12-31-2013, 10:50 PM

69,372 posts, read 53,765,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
False, the deadline for Jan 1st was Dec 24, the deadline for Feb 1st is Jan 23rd, and the deadline for Mar 1st is Feb 23rd....so I didn't blow anything, I still have time to sign up, I just won't have health insurance at Jan 1st.
If its so wonderful, why woudlnt you be one of the first individuals to sign up?

Old 01-01-2014, 02:01 AM

17,850 posts, read 19,651,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfman View Post
Obama doesn't let a little thing like the Constitution get in the way. Besides, one of the primary selling points (among other lies) of Obamacare was that it wouldn't be a tax. The SCOTUS decided that it would only be legal (and apparently Constitutional) if it is a tax.

This is the bait and switch scam of the century.

I can't believe how many people simply don't care how much they're lied to as long as the liars have D's attached. It's incredible.
It was incredible when Democrats, and their accomplices in the media, supported all of Clinton's lies. Now, with Obama, it is expected.

If Democrats had any ideas that they thought would actually help the nation, they would not be lying about them. Since they are compelled to continuously lie all the time, then you know without a doubt that Democrats do not have what is best for the nation's interests in mind.

The Democratic Party is the greatest enemy the US has ever faced.

Old 01-01-2014, 08:30 AM

22,243 posts, read 14,783,697 times
You know what's gone today? Lifetime limits on Ins coverage ... And ....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...r-obamacare-2/

Old 01-01-2014, 09:01 AM

13,155 posts, read 16,925,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post

Everything you need to know about life under Obamacare
The problems could have been fixed at far less expense (and confusion) to everyone. We were only dealing with a fraction of the millions of people that are affected now.

Old 01-01-2014, 11:48 AM

Quote:

You know whats gone today? Keeping my doctor and the hospital we've gone to for years.

What is the point of having unlimited coverage if the coverage is crap? What don't you "GET" about the insurance companies being the authors of Obamacare? Do you honestly think they had our best interests in mind when they wrote it?

Old 01-01-2014, 12:47 PM

9,312 posts, read 5,604,085 times
Quote:

And today, for the first time in over a decade, I (and millions of other Americans) have health insurance.

Old 01-01-2014, 01:43 PM

169 posts, read 158,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
And today, for the first time in over a decade, I (and millions of other Americans) have health insurance.
In my state you could have gotten a policy cheaper last year than this, why did you wait ?

Oh wait, you mean I'm helping to pay for your policy with the new TAX.

Old 01-01-2014, 02:23 PM

6,307 posts, read 4,193,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
The hidden costs of ObamaCare

I have come to see from posts like yours that the entitlement crowd has zero ability to see the impact if this piece of garbage on the rest of the nation. After some thought I realized that when a person lives off of others they see their neighbor as thier employer. Therefore, In typical moonbat fashion, they could careless that Mary next door has to pay 15% of her income to help pay for their health care. Until the entitlement class is eliminated we will continue to run this country into the ground. It's all about what they can get from Mary and not what they van contribute. Remember, these folks are put down by the man and discriminated against which equates to justification of being lazy azz's
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies