U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2013, 08:59 AM

86,093 posts, read 70,127,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
The good news is that the Obamas are going to host a "Mom Summit" to get those enrollment figures up where they should be!

Obamas to host moms in Oval Office

As I've maintained all along -- if it was such a good thing, there wouldn't need to be such a hard sell.
They've got to get the young to sign up in droves or Obamacare will turn into a death spiral with only the old and sick enrolled. Yes, it's a very viable concern.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2013, 09:48 AM

9,897 posts, read 6,616,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
They've got to get the young to sign up in droves or Obamacare will turn into a death spiral with only the old and sick enrolled. Yes, it's a very viable concern.
Let me see: Someone is old and sick or just older, but not old enough for reasonable premiums under Medicare so they enroll in Obamacare.

You are young, healthy and really only need coverage if you are run over by a truck (which in that case)
you'll either be dead or sue the person who ran you over and make a fortune

Kind of a no brainer of why the young aren't signing up, and everyone knows Congress knew that.
They were just looking for an excuse to stick it to the late 40-50 somethings before they tell them they aren't eligible for Medicare when they turn 65 because it is broke.

Can we say Medicare for all with a medicare tax for all, people.
Nope, I guess not YET

Old 12-17-2013, 09:50 AM

4,707 posts, read 3,354,914 times
Quote:
Totally agree.

I think the large majority -- and I bet it's close to 80% -- enrolled thus far are definitely the sick, old, and pre-existing people.

Something tells me it won't be much better by March 31st.

Old 12-17-2013, 10:15 AM

38,053 posts, read 19,062,000 times
Quote:
This also means that premiums will have to go up even more next year. Of the people who lost their insurance many are priced out and can't afford Obamacare already. Even more people will be priced out next year.

Last edited by petch751; 12-17-2013 at 10:26 AM..

Old 12-17-2013, 10:24 AM

9,321 posts, read 16,174,721 times
Quote:
I also think the Unions and those companies connected or money contributors to O's war chest should participate. Even the staffers of the W.H and congress should participate. It won't work otherwise.

Old 12-17-2013, 12:13 PM

3,576 posts, read 5,919,742 times
Quote:
Totally agree.

I think the large majority -- and I bet it's close to 80% -- enrolled thus far are definitely the sick, old, and pre-existing people.

There will be no "death spiral" even if there is a "death spiral" cause Obama is intent on guaranteeing insurers against all losses as long as he's in the office.

Period.

Obama will make up his own rules (like he already has).

Notice it's a blame game. They bit*ching about money with the website already and trying to re direct blame at republicans. This ain't no 900 billion dollar bill.

Old 12-17-2013, 12:37 PM

4,707 posts, read 3,354,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneftp View Post
There will be no "death spiral" even if there is a "death spiral" cause Obama is intent on guaranteeing insurers against all losses as long as he's in the office.

Period.

Obama will make up his own rules (like he already has).

Notice it's a blame game. They bit*ching about money with the website already and trying to re direct blame at republicans. This ain't no 900 billion dollar bill.
Oh, I would agree with you. The problem with Obama -- other than the fact that he likely suffers from Narcissistic Personality Disorder -- is that he hung his entire legacy on the poorly-conceived train wreck known as Obamacare. As such, he HAS to ensure its survival. He's going to be spending money like a Kennedy at the liquor store in order to keep this thing afloat.

But how much will his idiot supporters tolerate? At what point will they say "That's it!"? The problem with his supporters -- no, 'fanboys' -- is that they simply cannot admit he is a largely flawed human being and a particularly bad president. They won't own the fact that his namesake legislation (remember the silly "I do care" quote?) is essentially bad math, even if the rest of us have caught on.

Old 12-17-2013, 03:25 PM

6,307 posts, read 4,193,456 times
Quote:
Totally agree.

I bet your correct and I bet a vast majority if not all of the following folks are Medicaid or extremely sick.

45 States Still Haven't Hit 10% of Enrollment Goals for Obamacare | National Review Online

Someone needs to stop this insanity. It's absolutely ridiculous and embarrassing as a country.

He sounded good I get that
He was black I get that
He lied through his azz and you supported him I even kinda get that

But, for Gods sake he's a total cluster and needs to be removed from office before he takes us all down.

Old 12-17-2013, 03:32 PM

22,243 posts, read 14,783,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
I bet your correct and I bet a vast majority if not all of the following folks are Medicaid or extremely sick.

45 States Still Haven't Hit 10% of Enrollment Goals for Obamacare | National Review Online

Someone needs to stop this insanity. It's absolutely ridiculous and embarrassing as a country.

He sounded good I get that
He was black I get that
He lied through his azz and you supported him I even kinda get that

But, for Gods sake he's a total cluster and needs to be removed from office before he takes us all down.

Oh no, this can't be happening....

Public opinion on Obamacare has been locked in for years

Old 12-17-2013, 04:24 PM

86,093 posts, read 70,127,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
So opinion now trumps hard numbers ?
That's stretching it a lot to defend Obamacare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies