U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2013, 07:12 PM

13,155 posts, read 16,876,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
That is exactly my point. What Obama says and does are two different things. I've always said, never support a politician that refuses to understand that government is spending too much and that raising taxes is the answer. Never attack another group like Obama did because one day you will wake up to find out that politician thinks you have money to spare. Obama supporters refused to heed the warning and will now pay up.

Taxes can always take many forms.
Indeed. I remember listening to one of his speeches where he said,. effectively, that spending stimulates the economy, and raising taxes means the government can spend more, therefore it's good for the economy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2013, 05:13 AM

22,243 posts, read 14,737,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Oh lookie! A new poll shows support for the laughably named "Affordable Care Act" is "cratering" at 35/62:

Link: CNN poll: ObamaCare support cratering at 35/62 Hot Air

Don't fret lefties. I am ***sure*** those numbers will improve when people start losing their employer-based insurance plans and start dealing with the reality of higher premiums and much higher deductibles.

The miracle in all of this is the hubris of Obama and the Democrat Party. When you have 60% plus of the population against a bill, it needs to be repealed. These tyrants don't care one iota about what their constituencies want. We've seen that ever since they passed this debacle in the dark of night, without having read it, with no input from the minority party, and in a haze of shady kickbacks and bribes.

If I were a Democrat, I would be ashamed to admit it.
Problem is, too many Dems know how to read ...

From the poll, 35% favor the ACA, 15% don't think it is liberal enough which nets 47% Of the 47% how many want to see work done to make it better? You know, even some Repubs want to see that.

Old 12-24-2013, 07:10 AM

29,923 posts, read 34,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Problem is, too many Dems know how to read ...

From the poll, 35% favor the ACA, 15% don't think it is liberal enough which nets 47% Of the 47% how many want to see work done to make it better? You know, even some Repubs want to see that.
Went to a party Friday night. The Lady Obama voters there were thoroughly PO'd at Obama and his new Insurance tax program.
Everyone had increased costs, higher premiums and deductibles.
It truly is a tax and hitting hard in the pocket book.

Obama and ACA approval is just starting it's decent to the bottom. A year from now when companies have passed on their increases there will be many more millions who fully understand.

Old 12-24-2013, 12:38 PM

10,868 posts, read 6,577,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Obama and ACA approval is just starting it's decent to the bottom. A year from now when companies have passed on their increases there will be many more millions who fully understand.
Tell them the leeches on the expanded Medicaid rolls and the subsidized thank them for their free sh*t.

Old 12-24-2013, 08:17 PM

4,707 posts, read 3,339,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Went to a party Friday night. The Lady Obama voters there were thoroughly PO'd at Obama and his new Insurance tax program.
Everyone had increased costs, higher premiums and deductibles.
It truly is a tax and hitting hard in the pocket book.

A year from today, we're ALL going to know that Obamacare is an even bigger clusterf**k than its namesake.

Old 12-24-2013, 10:25 PM

18,677 posts, read 16,441,833 times
With 1% the US population, Ct has enrolled 62,153. Now had other states added websites and used energy making the way to enroll as easy, based on that pace, 6.2 million nationally would have enrolled.

Old 12-25-2013, 08:40 AM

9,103 posts, read 4,527,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
With 1% the US population, Ct has enrolled 62,153. Now had other states added websites and used energy making the way to enroll as easy, based on that pace, 6.2 million nationally would have enrolled.
Of those 62k, only 34k enrolled in private insurance; the rest entered Medicaid. That's terrific for those who'll get Medicaid coverage, not good for the insurance plan exchange.

As for the 'success' of the CT exchange site ---

"More than 2,400 Connecticut customers who bought health plans on Access Health CT were given incorrect information about their insurance plans, in one case underestimating the maximum out-of-pocket by at least $4,000." Wait times to the call center average 20 minutes.

Though I don't like being Grinchy on Christmas morn, I wish you and others would go beyond superficial headlines before touting them as success stories.

Old 12-25-2013, 11:58 AM

18,677 posts, read 16,441,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Of those 62k, only 34k enrolled in private insurance; the rest entered Medicaid. That's terrific for those who'll get Medicaid coverage, not good for the insurance plan exchange.

As for the 'success' of the CT exchange site ---

"More than 2,400 Connecticut customers who bought health plans on Access Health CT were given incorrect information about their insurance plans, in one case underestimating the maximum out-of-pocket by at least $4,000." Wait times to the call center average 20 minutes.

Though I don't like being Grinchy on Christmas morn, I wish you and others would go beyond superficial headlines before touting them as success stories.
That 3.4 million national pace (Ct has about 1% US pop) is 3x the total national rate. 300% of national rate is certainly successful. If they simply mirror another million by the end of this quarter, they would have covered their % of pop relative to the admin's overall estimate.

While 2,400 is bad, it also represents 4% of total policies purchased.

Old 12-25-2013, 12:04 PM

312 posts, read 499,112 times
Ok I have a question , would a household income of 23000 for a couple over 60, qualify for any type of subsidy under the ACA?

Old 12-25-2013, 12:10 PM

27,819 posts, read 37,862,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamboyante View Post
Ok I have a question , would a household income of 23000 for a couple over 60, qualify for any type of subsidy under the ACA?
Yes. You would have to pay up to about 4% of your income for insurance and would get a subsidy for the rest. So your cost would be less than $1000 per year.

You can get an idea from this:

Subsidy Calculator | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies