Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2013, 03:48 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,728,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Wait 'til they are forced into ERs with the illegals and Medicaid leeches because no doctor will see them or they can't pay the deductibles.
Yay Obamacare! So many good time to look forward to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2013, 03:49 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,469,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
Republicans In Collapse as Obamacare Enrollment Skyrockets In December

The Republican plan of running against Obamacare is in freefall today as HHS announced that 975,000 people signed up for health insurance in December alone. According to the announcement from the Department of Health and Human Services,
As we continue our open enrollment campaign, we experienced a welcome surge in enrollment as millions of Americans seek access to affordable health care coverage through new Health Insurance Marketplaces nationwide. More than 1.1 million people enrolled in a qualified health plan via the Federally-facilitated Marketplace from October 1 to December 24, with more than 975,000 of those enrolling this month alone. Our HealthCare.gov enrollment nearly doubled in the days before the January 1 coverage deadline compared to the first few weeks of the month. December enrollment so far is over 7 times that of October and November. In part, this was because we met our marks on improving HealthCare.gov: the site supported 83,000 concurrent users on December 23rd alone.
The entire Republican strategy has been to discourage people from enrolling in the ACA Judging by these numbers, they have completely failed. Republicans are basing their entire 2014 and 2016 strategies on running against Obamacare. Their plan is backfiring, and they are setting themselves up for an epic backlash.
key points to remember

the liberals stated there were 40 million without insurance....yet less than 1 million have even tried to sign up

on top of that 6+ million who HAS insurance have lost their good coverage, that they WANTED to keep due to obozocare

of the nearly 1 million to sign up...over 50% of them are MEDICAID....so the signup for actual obamacare is less than 500k

obamacare is a failure, just like the namesake

Old 12-29-2013, 03:50 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
yeah, only his policy costs went up because of the new taxes. I'm sure he feels all better that you feel there's a difference.
If private insurance companies raise their premiums, then you take it up with them, or choose another company. Either way it is not a tax, it is a raise in premiums. Most premiums have gone up every year in the past 20 years. Mine went up about $20 bucks, but I am transferring to my wife's plan anyway because it has better coverage.

Old 12-29-2013, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostly1 View Post
Who's "we?" Are you really that vapidly and ridiculously partisan? With such nastiness, politics really don't matter.
Yes, he is.

Old 12-29-2013, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletrouble View Post
Obamacare is a tax. It's costing me about $3000 a year more.
No, it is a law which requires you have purchase insurance from private companies.

Old 12-29-2013, 03:53 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,703,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So you have always considered your healthcare to be a tax? You do get something out of having insurance.
Yes, you get the opportunity to hand over your money to a company on the off-chance that you will at some point have a medical bill that you can't afford to pay for, thereby allowing medical providers to raise the prices on their services, which makes it harder for the individual to pay for health care, which makes it more likely that more people will hand over more money to more companies on the off-chance that they will have a medical bill that they can't afford to pay for on their own. Repeat ad nauseum, and you end up with the insane health care costs that we currently have to deal with and people like you espousing the benefits of having government mandated health insurance. Welcome to the greatest scam in history.

Old 12-29-2013, 03:55 PM

1,256 posts, read 4,193,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletrouble View Post
But as a 60yo man I do now have maternity. Thank god.
Same here - however, my policy came through the county government and is at least 10 years old.

Hmmm...

Old 12-29-2013, 03:55 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,077,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If private insurance companies raise their premiums, then you take it up with them, or choose another company. Either way it is not a tax, it is a raise in premiums. Most premiums have gone up every year in the past 20 years. Mine went up about $20 bucks, but I am transferring to my wife's plan anyway because it has better coverage.
Why would you take it up with the insurance companies who have to pay added taxes, and thus pass it onto the consumer? Thats beyond dumb..

As for premiums going up, we all know it was sold on LOWERING premiums, while at the very same time insuring everyone, and generating surpluses to the federal govenrment..

All of that couldnt be true, and most of us knew it. Some of you guys have moved on from its true, to now we know its a lie but its ok.. Sad...

Old 12-29-2013, 03:56 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,273,190 times
Its going to take YEARS to work though this mess. And I don't care what party you are from: Its a MESS. When all is said and done, this healthcare reform is going to cost most people thousands of dollars. A far cry from not costing a "single thin dime." In about 5-8 years, when people look back on Obama, they are going to call him the biggest lying president since Nixon. All in the name of healthcare.

Old 12-29-2013, 03:57 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,405,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sullyguy View Post
Though not aimed at YOU, it is nonetheless a total lie to leave out critical facts when saying something like "6 million policies cancelled".

If you turn to the back pages of checkout line rags (er...previously) you'll find ads for really REALLY cheap "health insurance" that turns out to be no coverage worth mentioning.

Cancelled.

Then you look into it further and you find that the insurance someone else has had a limit of, say, $50,000 for the life of the policy.

Cancelled.

Then you look some more and see that pre-existing conditions are not covered.

Cancelled.

Or that certain treatments are not covered.

Cancelled.

6 million policies cancelled...but...oh yeah...
Each affected American will ultimately make up their own minds based on their own experience with the ACA. My new Obamacare policy stinks compared with the policy I liked but could not keep. $5,000 deductible and 50% coinsurance! I never heard of 50% coinsurance in network until Obamacare came along. A lot of people who are unable to provide for themselves who will get subsidized coverage, are going to find out that they still cannot afford actual health care because of deductibles and coinsurance.

I think it is likely that Obamacare gets worse and worse for Democrats as 2014 unfolds, and more people learn the meaning of insurance terms like "deductible" and "coinsurance" and "narrow network."

As for Obamacare enrollments "skyrocketing" all I can say is that my deductible skyrocketed, my premiums skyrocketed, my and my coinsurance skyrocketed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies