Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2013, 09:03 AM

4,176 posts, read 4,670,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
^This.

And I've always said Huckabee is sharp, even if one may not agree with him on everything.
Huckabee is not sharp. Even a blind squirrel occasionally finds a nut.

Old 12-11-2013, 09:04 AM

4,176 posts, read 4,670,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkosmosis View Post
Because we have an obesity epidemic in this country. People are obviously eating too much dessert and need to cut back.
The bigger issue is sedentary lifestyles. I eat dessert all the time, probably more than I should, but I exercise a lot.

Old 12-11-2013, 09:16 AM

28,666 posts, read 18,784,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
The bigger issue is sedentary lifestyles. I eat dessert all the time, probably more than I should, but I exercise a lot.
Depends strongly on the person--age, genetic metabolic rate, sensitivity to certain foods. Back when I was road cycling 250 miles a week and actually doing a century a month on top of that, I still had to carefully restrict my processed carbs after I turned 35.

I still do half an hour of cardio and half an hour of weights a day...but I still have to stay shy of seeds and roots. Leaves, stems, and dead animal flesh are fine for me.

Old 12-11-2013, 09:20 AM

4,131 posts, read 7,443,557 times
Quote:
That's also part of Michelle Obama's initiative.

Old 12-11-2013, 09:27 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkosmosis View Post
Because we have an obesity epidemic in this country. People are obviously eating too much dessert and need to cut back.
Dessert huh? It's all about dessert? LOL

What a crock.

Old 12-11-2013, 09:30 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
Exactly! At least one on this thread gets it!

Old 12-11-2013, 09:36 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Exactly! At least one on this thread gets it!
Yes, all these nutrition experts here on CD!

Old 12-11-2013, 10:36 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,825,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I always thought Huckabee was a decent guy other than hanging with Repb's

Former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee took a moment on Tuesday to counter Sarah Palin’s recent claim that Michelle Obama is out to rob children and parents of their rights to eat dessert.

“With all due respect to my colleague and friend Sarah Palin, I think she’s misunderstood what Michelle Obama is trying to do,” Huckabee said Tuesday during a radio appearance the “Curtis Sliwa Show.”

On Sunday’s episode of “Sarah Palin’s Alaska,” the state’s former governor quipped on a camping trip that she planned to make her family s’mores “in honor of Michelle Obama, who said the other day we should not have dessert,” an apparent jab at the first lady’s campaign anti-obesity campaign, which does include, among other things, an encouragement that American families attempt to find dessert replacements.

Mike Huckabee defends Michelle Obama against Sarah Palin | theGrio

Who cares what Huckabee thinks except to prove how libs all stick together while Republicans/conservatives don't?

BTW, there are more than a few of us who know what Mrs. Obama's trying to do, and that's what all liberals do--restrict desserts/calorie-laden food for the rest of us, while she and the prez continue to make their burger runs at the Burger Shack, the prez continues to order his favorite coconut milkshake, and Mrs. Obama continues to order her favorite french fries, while issuing a new edict that their favorite haunts not release info on their orders to the great unwashed, er....reporters and the public.

Can we say, "hypocrisy?"

Old 12-11-2013, 10:42 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,825,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Sarah looks like she doesn't eat much dessert herself. She's a hypocrite.
Um...actually....the hypocrisy is on the Obamas' side for advocating that others not eat what they, themselves enjoy (and often). There's no hypocrisy in allowing others to make the choice for themselves.

And these people vote...

Old 12-11-2013, 10:51 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,577,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Who cares what Huckabee thinks except to prove how libs all stick together while Republicans/conservatives don't?

BTW, there are more than a few of us who know what Mrs. Obama's trying to do, and that's what all liberals do--restrict desserts/calorie-laden food for the rest of us, while she and the prez continue to make their burger runs at the Burger Shack, the prez continues to order his favorite coconut milkshake, and Mrs. Obama continues to order her favorite french fries, while issuing a new edict that their favorite haunts not release info on their orders to the great unwashed, er....reporters and the public.

Can we say, "hypocrisy?"
Can we say "Delusional". If you want to eat 10,000 calories a day, go ahead, who's stopping you and furthermore no one ever will. I don't drink at all but my wife likes the odd beer or glass of wine. If she advocates that you don't drink a couple of bottles of vodka a day I guess in your mind she's a hypocrite. If I bang my head against the wall enough times then maybe some of the reasoning around here will begin to make sense, though I doubt it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies