Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 04:20 PM

1,072 posts, read 1,946,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
I mean kids under 10 years old, or maybe 5 years old
Well if marijuana use by 5-10 year olds is not a big problem now in an "illegal" environment, exactly how does regulating & controlling through legalization it make it worse? There are no controls now......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2013, 04:27 PM

Quote:
1. If it is legal, people tend to think it is ok or good, and thus consume more of it.
Possible, certainly in the beginning, but long term usage may drop overall. You don't know for sure.

Quote:
2. If it is legal, parents will probably not hide it at home.
Kind of how I keep my bottles of Añejo Tequila out on the coffee table for my grandkids to see when they visit.... right?

Quote:
3. If it is legal, very young children can try buying it and using it.
Now that's just plain silly. Legal stores & regulatory systems require ID to purchase. Black market dealers don't.

Old 12-19-2013, 04:56 PM

Quote:
1. Maybe you are that kind of person. I have never tried marijuana in my entire life because I believe it is bad.
Yet you think you know something about it?

I've smoked it for 46 years, regularly. I'm in my 60's now & comfortably retired after a long successful career. I'm married 38 years and have raised & educated 3 kids who all smoked pot growing up and are now successful adults. I know (and smoke with) doctors, lawyers, accountants, and many other professionals that I met throughout my career & personal life. Your beliefs about this benign substance are so off base as to be laughable. You really should do some research & find some facts, because you don't seem to have any.

Old 12-19-2013, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Lets see deal with someone falling down drunk or falling down stoned..................what's the difference?
Well now there's a clueless comment........

Old 12-19-2013, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
So trading one form of carcinogens for another is better?

I have come to realize dope smokers brains are addled.
Marijuana does not cause cancer. Where are the bodies? Cite your proof.

Old 12-20-2013, 10:42 AM

1,261 posts, read 2,146,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DurangoJoe View Post
Marijuana does not cause cancer. Where are the bodies? Cite your proof.
Not only does it not cause cancer, THC actually has anti-tumor properties.

Old 12-20-2013, 10:48 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Yet you think you know something about it?

I've smoked it for 46 years, regularly. I'm in my 60's now & comfortably retired after a long successful career. I'm married 38 years and have raised & educated 3 kids who all smoked pot growing up and are now successful adults. I know (and smoke with) doctors, lawyers, accountants, and many other professionals that I met throughout my career & personal life. Your beliefs about this benign substance are so off base as to be laughable. You really should do some research & find some facts, because you don't seem to have any.
The "stoners are lazy degenirates" stereotype is very played out. As I mentioned on another thread, those who believe that are still drinking the "Reefer Madness" kool aide.

Quote:
Well now there's a clueless comment........
Probably works for one of the special interest groups that continue to profit from its continued prohibition. Hey, why focus on real crimes such as rape, murder, child molestation, robbery, and embezzling, when it's an easy pay day to shake down "potheads" over a bag of weed?

Old 12-20-2013, 10:49 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Delta View Post
Not only does it not cause cancer, THC actually has anti-tumor properties.

I'll bet Big Pharma doesn't like that. It pays to keep people sick.

Old 12-23-2013, 02:02 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times
I never researched much into what got the laws overturned in Uruguay, but I just did a little research on the president of the country there when I saw a meme on him. He's a pretty interesting guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies