Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2013, 11:10 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,888,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Who has been doing QE? That's the Obama administration, rather than working to fix the problem they would rather do QE and disguise the problem. The rich are obviously educated to what is going on and understand and positioned themselves to benefit.

The liberal mindset thinks they can force them into poverty, it's not going to happen. Maybe you should worry about what you have and learn how to do better than worry and be jealous of what others have. It's a case of cut off your nose to spite your face.
LOL, Puppet Obama has nothing to do with Quantitive Easing. The Federal Reserve answers to nobody in our Government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2013, 11:10 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,372,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
I said I pay no Federal Income taxes during the course of the year. I'd rather keep more of my check and pay a big amount in April. You can claim whatever you want during the year. I keep it high so I pay my Fed taxes all at once instead of having them take it out little by little during the year then getting a refund.

In other words, I'd rather underestimate my tax share and pay at once than have The Feds overestimate my taxes and get a refund.
You can actually get assessed a penalty for that, just to forewarn you.

Old 12-12-2013, 11:11 AM

18,792 posts, read 8,415,551 times
Quote:
Quantitive easing is only one such program and it costs $85 BILLION per Month (more than the annual SNAP budget).
QE is not taxpayer money. It is separate money created by the Fed and kept within the Fed/Banking system to swap with like amounts of paper debt. It surely can affect our economy and thus taxes, but QE is not funded by taxpayer money per se.

Old 12-12-2013, 11:11 AM

41,111 posts, read 25,655,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
top 40% is not the definition of rich...
lol, that's today. When the government needs more money you will wake up to find out Democrats define you as rich. Government will always want more of your money, they WILL try to work their way down the income ladder if the people let them get away with it.

Old 12-12-2013, 11:13 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,888,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
I didn't know that. Why would there be a penalty if I always pay what they say I owe in April though?

I guess it would be a problem if everyone did that.

Old 12-12-2013, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a
I said I pay no Federal Income taxes during the course of the year. I'd rather keep more of my check and pay a big amount in April. You can claim whatever you want during the year. I keep it high so I pay my Fed taxes all at once instead of having them take it out little by little during the year then getting a refund.

In other words, I'd rather underestimate my tax share and pay at once than have The Feds overestimate my taxes and get a refund.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Yep, 2e Maseman is right. Government wants you to pay, I believe it is, at least 90% of taxes due through out the year. If you don't, you'll get slapped with a penalty.

Old 12-12-2013, 11:14 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,161,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The poor got greedy????

Please. The AMERICAN people, whose government is made up of the people the American people ELECT, decide what defines poverty and what does not, decide what assistance should be provided. The AMERICAN people decide. Not the poor. It doesn't matter how "greedy" they are, it only matters what American VOTERS decide.

This whole hatred of the poor is irrational. You could be one of the poor, at the drop of a hat. So much of life is random. And poor people wanting things, like food, shelter, clothes, is NORMAL. People want things. People want what other people have. People want to fit in with other people, to look like other people, to be a part of society.

Your problem is not with poor people, or with their "greed", it's with other Americans who vote and who elect representatives that make the decisions about defining poverty, and about welfare and how welfare operates. If you don't like the current system, and clearly you don't, then you need to offer up some solutions that the rest of us can agree with. If you can't get the MAJORITY of Americans to agree with your proposals, then you'll have to get used to the idea that your proposals aren't going to be enacted. But I will tell you, when trying to persuade people to support your ideas, demonizing the poor isn't going to be persuasive.
The majority should not have the ability to vote away someone else's property.

Old 12-12-2013, 11:17 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,372,970 times
Quote:
I didn't know that. Why would there be a penalty if I always pay what they say I owe in April though?

I guess it would be a problem if everyone did that.
The problem is basically that you are "holding out" on the money you owe...effectively paying late.

Old 12-12-2013, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
The majority should not have the ability to vote away someone else's property.
That's a good way of putting it.

Remember when Obama got his tax increase at the beginning of this year? The first thing he said is he wants more, oh the surprise. Obama was hoping the majority would be able to get it for him.

Government will always take what the people will allow them to get away with.

Old 12-12-2013, 11:20 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,472,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
So much for the left's "BS" accusation the well off aren't paying their fair share.

The rich do not pay the most taxes, they pay ALL the taxes
But you are missing the most critical thing: much of the wealth belonging to the richest people is not classed as income, and thus is subject to much lower rates of taxation than the wealth of the working and middle class.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies