Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 08:56 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Actually, in Jerusalem snow is not rare (it is at a different elevation than Cairo) and it snows there every few years. I know, I was there.

Miami, Florida got snow back in 1977 but it hasn't snowed there since. Yet the people of Florida are very concerned about the rising level of the oceans because the polar ice caps are melting. Most of southern Florida is only a few feet above sea level and cities like Miami, Fort Lauderdale, the Palm Beaches, the Keys, Fort Myers, Sarasota, and so on will be under water if this trend continues. We are talking about millions of people and trillions of dollars of property.
Really? I haven't heard news of thousands of folks moving out of Miami due to concerns of the rising ocean. Who are these "people"?? Who is moving? Last I checked folks are moving down there. Maybe you are just as lost as the rest of the global crowd?? Yep.

Old 12-14-2013, 09:00 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Yes it does. It makes you look foolish. All your predictions and lies are all nonsense like we all knew of course and you can't admit. Hey I don't want any ice age type conditions...........I'd rather have global warming. You loons will may make an ice age happen according to your rules. You want to stop co2 and cool the planet but what happens if you cool it too much? I guess you don't care. People dies is what happens. But the folks who will get rich off it don't care. Biggest scam in the history of the world and you fell for it.
So seeing that it snowing once in Cairo is enough for you to deny global warming, does that mean this summer when they have a record breaking heat day, does that mean global warming is real for you?

Old 12-14-2013, 09:06 PM

Oh so it was fifty three. You globals only go back thirty years screaming about temps rising so whats your point? I guess you have none and no link. What a shock. Maybe your heroes will make up some climate model lies about the whole thing that others can write a paper about and have it peer reviewed by other liars and get back to us all?? lol That is all you folks do.

Old 12-14-2013, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Oh so it was fifty three. You globals only go back thirty years screaming about temps rising so whats your point? I guess you have none and no link. What a shock. Maybe your heroes will make up some climate model lies about the whole thing that others can write a paper about and have it peer reviewed by other liars and get back to us all?? lol That is all you folks do.
So you are a science denier, that makes a lot of sense.

Old 12-14-2013, 09:19 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,088,722 times
One year or 200 years are not long enough periods to determine climatic change of a planet that is over 13 billion years old. If we aren't talking about trends at least over tens of millions of years, it is stupid.

P.S. The climate has changed many times over 13 billion years. It isn't a big deal. People just have to adapt.

Old 12-14-2013, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
One year or 200 years are not long enough periods to determine climatic change of a planet that is over 13 billion years old. If we aren't talking about trends at least over tens of millions of years, it is stupid.

P.S. The climate has changed many times over 13 billion years. It isn't a big deal. People just have to adapt.
How long has humans been on this planet during those 13 billion years? It is important to understand the effects those changes might have on the human race.

Old 12-14-2013, 09:40 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
That is called weather. We are getting hit with a snow storm now, but that doesn't mean the planet isn't getting warmer.
OK, I'm not a science denier. But why, when it snows in Jerusalem or even Cairo, is it "weather", but when it hits 100 degrees for a week in Denver, or a major hurricane hits New Jersey (or wherever) it's "global warming"?

Old 12-14-2013, 09:58 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
OK, I'm not a science denier. But why, when it snows in Jerusalem or even Cairo, is it "weather", but when it hits 100 degrees for a week in Denver, or a major hurricane hits New Jersey (or wherever) it's "global warming"?
No, 100 degrees for a week in Denver is weather....Last week we had 5 days well below freezing here, but now temps have returned to well above again just weather....Where we are seeing the effects of climate change in Canada is in the far north, and the permafrost is melting causing a lot of damage, not only that but it is releasing a large quantity of previously locked (frozen) methane.... Permafrost | Weather Underground

Old 12-14-2013, 10:05 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,040,845 times
[quote=workingclasshero;32596040]yep, and its all mans fault

you people take the cake...climate change has happened many, many times, its natural...and you want to blame man...why...so you cant tax it

sorry but the truth is man has not caused climate change, and we cant prevent it either[/QUOTE]

Man has indeed caused changes in our climate by the pollutants we put in the air and earth. You don't need a scientist to tell you this. It's just common sense. To think otherwise is either naive or arrogant.

Old 12-14-2013, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So you are a science denier, that makes a lot of sense.
Still waiting to see some sort of science behind the madness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies