Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 12:00 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Looks like I'm slowly but surely getting to you petch. Now if you only thought the same with the ENTIRE GOP...
I'm not sure what you mean but I came to the realization how propaganda was used to pander to the masses very young when I wondered how so many intelligent people were able to support Hitler. We are living in a very similar situation that allows a leader to do evil.

In the U.S., the media is supposed to call politicians out but they aren't. Obama is the worst case of the media coddling a president and giving him a free pass I've seen in my lifetime. If media will coddle a black president, coddle a woman president because of their color or gender alone I would hesitate to vote for either. And I am a woman and I would want any president no matter who they are, what party to be held accountable and not given a free pass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2013, 12:14 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,973,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Christ, you would think the people of North Korea would finally say enough is enough, and revolt!
First of all, how can they revolt? No weapons, no power, nothing. They barely have enough food to survive, let alone mount a rebellion. Why else does the regime keep them starving?

Secondly, the people of North Korea truly believe their leader is next to a god, and that US and South Korea are evil regimes that wish for their destruction. A lifetime of brainwashing will do that to you. And the threat that if you even THINK about rebelling, you AND everyone in your family will be killed.

Old 12-14-2013, 12:47 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
First of all, how can they revolt? No weapons, no power, nothing. They barely have enough food to survive, let alone mount a rebellion. Why else does the regime keep them starving?

Secondly, the people of North Korea truly believe their leader is next to a god, and that US and South Korea are evil regimes that wish for their destruction. A lifetime of brainwashing will do that to you. And the threat that if you even THINK about rebelling, you AND everyone in your family will be killed.
ALL people have their breaking point and lil Kim's crew knows that so they don't push things all the way. Other wise buh bye lil Kim.

Old 12-14-2013, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post

That's exactly true. North Koreans do believe that their leader can do no wrong. They believe he has the peoples best interest at heart. All dissidents to the contrary is shut down. That is why it is so dangerous for any political party be allowed to shut down free speech.

We all know that Obama and his admin hate the tea party because they are in opposition to spending and high taxation, in direct conflict with democrats. Avid Obama supporters, who refuse to admit any wrongdoing refuse to believe of even the possibility that the IRS was used to silence Obama's political opponents even though many democrats were very outspoken including Reid saying the tea party was going away, will soon cease to exist. Reid "who has a secret informant" even knew a lot about Romney's tax return saying "he makes more than that". Reid knew what was going on.

Over the Thanksgiving holiday there were changes that will silence them more. More restrictions that will effect the tea party's ability to be able to fund itself yet unions, Obama's friends, will be able to continue to be very active politically.

People remain blind for different reasons. Once any one leader, any one party gains too much power there is no stopping it. We know what having too much power can result in. At which point will you not agree and what price will you eventually pay.

Last edited by petch751; 12-14-2013 at 01:04 PM..

Old 12-14-2013, 01:07 PM

And this is the America that must be, as Obama euphemistically puts it, “fundamentally transformed.”

This is the America that must be destroyed.

Old 12-14-2013, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
ALL people have their breaking point and lil Kim's crew knows that so they don't push things all the way. Other wise buh bye lil Kim.
It's already too late for them. Too many are brainwashed into believing lil Kim is their god. Others live in fear. Try to cross the border and you will be shot.

Old 12-14-2013, 07:22 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,947,225 times
Kill your Uncle one day and shoot hoops with Dennis Rodman the next. So goes the life of a Dictator.

Old 12-14-2013, 07:35 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
And this is the America that must be, as Obama euphemistically puts it, “fundamentally transformed.”

This is the America that must be destroyed.
So how come you're still here, posting dissenting opinions? Shouldn't you be in a FEMA camp right about now?

Old 12-14-2013, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
So how come you're still here, posting dissenting opinions? Shouldn't you be in a FEMA camp right about now?
Oh believe me, if he had his way.... Right now he is doing what every other tyrant does. He and his party convince you that we are evil. Once you are convinced and you are, you are doing his dirty work by spreading the accusation and vile around. As time goes on your anger grows.

What, do you think tyrants like Hitler was able to convince people to kill jews in a day? No, he demonized them eventually the population went along with him when he tried to kill them off.

Your problem is you think you to smart, that you can't be propagandized. You think that it will never happen here. The chances are not likely especially since people are starting to wake up but never say never.

Old 12-14-2013, 10:11 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Oh believe me, if he had his way.... Right now he is doing what every other tyrant does. He and his party convince you that we are evil. Once you are convinced and you are, you are doing his dirty work by spreading the accusation and vile around. As time goes on your anger grows.

What, do you think tyrants like Hitler was able to convince people to kill jews in a day? No, he demonized them eventually the population went along with him when he tried to kill them off.

Your problem is you think you to smart, that you can't be propagandized. You think that it will never happen here. The chances are not likely especially since people are starting to wake up but never say never.
In other words, all you have is conjecture and projecting your own paranoia on the president.

Who is this "we" that you refer to? What dirty work am I doing? Last time I checked, I wasn't on the Obama payroll. Where's my check?

Are you serious? What accusations is Obama using that Hitler used?

I am pretty smart. I don't suck on the shoes of the rich and think if I just kiss their shoes, they will save me. Or, if I just own my own business, then I am on the same team as them and they I will carry favor with them. World doesn't work that way. You are either them, or you're not. You are not them, and neither am I. To them, we are just little worker bees to be exploited and discarded once our usefulness runs out. Don't think they won't do that just because you're a right-winger. Maybe it's you who's being propagandized? I'm not fooling myself and thinking if I support the rich, they will love me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies