Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 12:25 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,507,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
If you think the Iraq war and ObamaCare can be compared politically the same the same, well, it is no wonder you are a liberal.

Post fail, again.

P.S. Saddam KILLED MORE of his OWN people then the war has, including children.
I don't think the two can be compared, that's the whole point. Wingnuts are outraged with attempts at healthcare reform (which has, regardless of the hysteria of the right in this country, resulted in BETTER policies for many thousands and coverage for the previously uncovered for many thousands more)

What we do know is the ACA will continue to improve and will continue to reform what was a completely broken mess of predatory health insurance providers that caused many deaths, and many more bankruptcies (61% of bankruptcies are the result of people who did not have, or could afford, health insurance and had a medical emergency)

I just heard a story the other day of a guy who, when he finally was able to register online, lowered his deductible by three times the previous amount and pays less now for his insurance before. And the irony was his new healthcare provider had previously denied him coverage due to his diabetes.

Something good has already come of Pres. Obama's health care reform, yet I cannot think of a single good thing that has resulted from our invasion of Iraq. Is there a wingnut in this country who believes removing Saddam from power was worth the cost? Or better yet, is there anyone in Iraq who is grateful for the violence and upheaval we inflicted on their country?

No, I'm not comparing the Iraq war to Obamacare, they could not be more different. I"m comparing the outrage between those on the right to Obamacare, and those on the left to invading Iraq, and showing the stark contrast in what causes similar outrage between these groups. It's something everyone on the left should be proud of, that we think differently than those on the right, especially in regards to arguments like this one.

I certainly am.

Old 12-14-2013, 12:43 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,866,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
No, I'm not comparing the Iraq war to Obamacare, they could not be more different. I"m comparing the outrage between those on the right to Obamacare, and those on the left to invading Iraq, and showing the stark contrast in what causes similar outrage between these groups. It's something everyone on the left should be proud of, that we think differently than those on the right, especially in regards to arguments like this one.

I certainly am.
As am I. It certainly is more outrageous to me that so many of my fellow Americans were maimed or killed in a bogus war than that so many of my fellow Americans are now able to buy health insurance. But it comes as no surprise to me that conservatives compare the two and find the latter the bigger outrage. It says everything anyone needs to know about the difference between conservatives and progressives.

Old 12-14-2013, 12:57 PM

1,404 posts, read 1,031,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Yeah, that just looks ridiculous on its face. Getting tired of people saying "HATE LIAR OBAMA."
You voted him in. He's the best liar that was available. At least his lies were consistent.

They all lie. That's what they do. That's what all politicians do. People seem to think that it is a new thing. That's what makes me crack up. "Oh, this one is telling the truth." OK. Enjoy your unwillingness to accept that they all lie.

Anyone that thinks a politician tells the truth all the time is an idiot. Go back 40 years. No president has ever told the whole truth.
We can only vote for who we are given. I'm glad we had Bush instead of Gore when 911 came down. Kerry would have been one of the worst presidents as we can now see by his handling of Iran.

Sure we're lied to, but it's the level to which we are lied to. Obama has done something no other president has even done. He took control of 17% of the total economy on complete lies and misdirections. It's hardly the equivalent to "I didn't have sex with that woman." He will go down as the most incapable, thin skinned, narcicisstic President in history. I'm not sure the damage he and his crew have created can ever be fixed.

Old 12-14-2013, 01:13 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,866,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfman View Post
I'm not sure the damage he and his crew have created can ever be fixed.
[MOD CUT/rude] This country has survived much worse than Obamacare. We'll be paying for Bush's war of choice--both in money and in destroyed lives--for years and years to come. Not a word about that or the damage that caused.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 12-14-2013 at 01:26 PM..

Old 12-14-2013, 01:17 PM

2,413 posts, read 2,984,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"when the fact of the matter is that it was mostly the insurance companies choice to cancel policies. The government didn't make them cancel policies"

Yes the government did.

ALL health care insurance policies, just like auto and home insurance, are for a 1 year period.

ObamaCare MANDATED that ONLY policies that met the ObamaCare requirements CAN BE ISSUED.

The grandfathering clause was modified to make sure NO current policy would comply with the NEW requirements and could NOT be renewed.
No, grandfathered policies can be renewed.

Old 12-14-2013, 01:25 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,716,857 times
Quote:
predatory health insurance providers
LOL, did anyone ever notice that anytime a company needs to be paid for their service obama supporters call them predatory.

Old 12-14-2013, 01:26 PM

24,507 posts, read 33,292,783 times
At least the lefties here stopped repeating the "Bush lied about WMD" baloney after they were challenged and corrected. I'm sure it will surface again. And us right-wingers will once again have to correct them!

Old 12-14-2013, 01:44 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,225,005 times
Quote:
Yeah, that just looks ridiculous on its face. Getting tired of people saying "HATE LIAR OBAMA."
You voted him in. He's the best liar that was available. At least his lies were consistent.

They all lie. That's what they do. That's what all politicians do. People seem to think that it is a new thing. That's what makes me crack up. "Oh, this one is telling the truth." OK. Enjoy your unwillingness to accept that they all lie.

Anyone that thinks a politician tells the truth all the time is an idiot. Go back 40 years. No president has ever told the whole truth.
Wow, logic 101.

Well, Hitler did it. Stalin did it. Mao did it. So what if Obama does it, it's been done people! Dictators and communists control/kill people!

Lying is wrong, but we don't dismiss it on the basis that many other people lie too.

Old 12-14-2013, 02:08 PM

6,258 posts, read 5,065,755 times
Quote:
I don't think the two can be compared, that's the whole point. Wingnuts are outraged with attempts at healthcare reform (which has, regardless of the hysteria of the right in this country, 1. resulted in BETTER policies for many thousands and coverage for the previously uncovered for many thousands more)

What we do know is the ACA will continue to improve and will continue to reform what was a completely broken mess of predatory health insurance providers that caused many deaths, and many more bankruptcies (61% of bankruptcies are the result of people who did not have, or could afford, health insurance and had a medical emergency)

2. I just heard a story the other day of a guy who, when he finally was able to register online, lowered his deductible by three times the previous amount and pays less now for his insurance before. And the irony was his new healthcare provider had previously denied him coverage due to his diabetes.

Something good has already come of Pres. Obama's health care reform, yet I cannot think of a single good thing that has resulted from our invasion of Iraq. Is there a wingnut in this country who believes removing Saddam from power was worth the cost? Or better yet, is there anyone in Iraq who is grateful for the violence and upheaval we inflicted on their country?

No, I'm not comparing the Iraq war to Obamacare, they could not be more different. 3. I"m comparing the outrage between those on the right to Obamacare, and those on the left to invading Iraq, and showing the stark contrast in what causes similar outrage between these groups. It's something everyone on the left should be proud of, that we think differently than those on the right, especially in regards to arguments like this one.

I certainly am.
See bolded above.

1. Better policies for many THOUSANDS? Thousands? Really? There are almost 6 million who have been kicked off their insurance and there will be millions more once the employer mandate kicks in, and I have to ask why you are bragging about better policies for thousands.

2. I can match you random and useless anecodotal story for story.

3. I would advise that you shift your focus from those on the left and Iraq, to those on the left and how Obamacare is affecting them.

Left leaning citizens are bailing on the president and support for Obamacare in droves. For a reason. The law sucks bad and it's going to hurt people, and the blind law does NOT care how the blindly loyal voted in the last election.

Leftist politicians are bailing on Obamacare (and that will include the president sooner than later) because the law sucks bad, they know it, and they will be scrambling to do whatever they need to do to hang on to their jobs next year.

Everyone from the president on down are scurrying like cockroaches in the light. It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

Old 12-14-2013, 02:17 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,725,220 times
Quote:

definition of a politician..>>>>>>> professional liar!!! definition of a sheep that believes what a politician says.. sucker!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.