U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Burglars in Texas
Need to bring a gun 2 14.29%
Need to give up because everyone else has guns 12 85.71%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 03:02 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,182,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlekitten View Post
If the government did it's job protecting people, we wouldn't have to arm ourselves. It may not be a gun when I live on my own.. it may just be an APBT and a snow shovel or a baseball bat.... but you better believe law or not, if someone was breaking into MY HOME, I'd be windin up to beat them to a bloody pulp out of self defense for me, and behalf of my home and MY STUFF.
Who said its the govts job to protect people? I wish they stop trying to "protect" me so damn much. I'm sick of the nanny state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2007, 03:03 PM

55,579 posts, read 74,459,549 times
please texas. stay just the way you are. you are doin it right.

Old 11-26-2007, 03:09 PM

5,767 posts, read 10,286,289 times
Texas would do well to reduce its murder rate, which is above the national average.

Old 11-26-2007, 03:13 PM

25,107 posts, read 35,153,725 times
AZ law: No license nor permit of any kind to carry a firearm in the open - including your vehicle.

You have the right to use deadly force if you "reasonable belief" your life, or the life of another is in jeopardy.

You do not have the right to use deadly force to protect personal property - such as someone stealing your car.

If one wishes to carry a concealed weapon, a Concealed weapon permit is required which includes a specific training course.

I like AZ law

Old 11-26-2007, 04:14 PM

18,696 posts, read 36,385,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Can you name at least a few of these "hundreds of laws" that are somehow not being enforced?

I do not necessarily disagree with you, but I hear this alot and I would like some more info.
A few years back, we passed a law where as if a gun is used in committing a crime, you'd automatically get 5 years tacked on your sentence.

The last person that went on trial here in town, for "Armed" robbery, was sentenced to 3 years probation. No jail time and certainly, no additional 5 years.

If a burglar breaks into your home, and he has a gun. Is it not premeditated that he intends to do harm? Why does he need a gun? Only that won't even come up if he's caught. They'll run the normal checks and if that gun hasn't been used before, it'll simply become nothing.

There was a guy a couple years ago that didn't have any filling in his oreo, if you know what I mean. The police took him down on the street corner while he was waving his pistol at everybody. Gun was confiscated, mental tests were run, guy was held in facility for about 3 months. Everything went away.

There's a lot of laws on the books that could and should be inforced, but aren't even looked at or used.

Old 11-26-2007, 04:36 PM

4,708 posts, read 7,707,078 times
Fiddlekitten:
"If the government did it's job protecting people, we wouldn't have to arm ourselves."

That's NOT a very MACHO thing to say! Take it back, NOW! <raises Glock pistol to perp's eye level>

Old 11-27-2007, 07:21 AM

19,556 posts, read 19,277,001 times
Something to remember, the police have no legal duty to protect individuals from criminal attack.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies