Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2014, 01:32 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Stories Add Up as Bully Image Trails Christie - NYTimes.com
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/25/ny...ing-image.html

Poor Christie...lied to by his Deputy Chief of Staff and even his Campaign Manager and appointees at the Port Authority. How they took advantage of this meek and gullible governor.
lol New York Times... and you link to it as if it's not partial. New York times is a joke.

Old 01-10-2014, 01:34 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
You make statements and then when proven wrong you come back with this unrelated premise. I get it...you support Christie regardless of his ethics and history of retaliation against people he percieves as disagreeing with him.
Well he does get .. what about 5 more "I didn't know's" and "What difference does it make" to catch up to Dems.

The hypocrisy of the left is hysterical.

Old 01-10-2014, 04:19 AM

6,957 posts, read 8,491,775 times
Christie is starting to come off as a curious mixture of Tony Soprano and Lou Costello. "Bridge-ghazi Gate" may well pull him down a few pegs in the eyes of many potential voters. I wonder how his statement of "I knew nothing", but "I am ultimately responsible," will play with those road raged-enhanced commuters waiting to get across the G.W. Sure ...steal a few bucks, but don't make me late for work!

Old 01-10-2014, 04:55 AM

57,269 posts, read 26,199,434 times
What a great appointment, Wildstein. The mayor of Ft Lee is right Wildstein needs a good ass kicking.

Quote:

David Wildstein, the former Port Authority executive at the center of the
George Washington Bridge scandal, invoked his Fifth Amendment right not to incriminate
himself today during a state Assembly committee hearing investigating the lane
closures that have rocked the Christie administration.
Pleading the Fifth: Wildstein's silence in GWB scandal could speak volumes | NJ.com

Old 01-10-2014, 05:10 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,450,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
They used the government to retaliate against their political enemies. You have no problem with that?
You mean the way Obama used the IRS against his political enemies?

What goes around, comes around, and this is only the beginning.

Old 01-10-2014, 05:11 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
Perhaps the target of the retribution was not the Mayor of Ft Lee but rather the "animals" in NJ Senate...
Aug 12 -- Christie: Keep GOP justice out of political fray | The Daily Journal | thedailyjournal.com

"Time for traffic jam" Aug 13 -- Christie stuck in a jam over GWB lane closings - NorthJersey.com

Let's see, Senate leader... gasp, gasp, .. represents district that include Ft Lee ... Hmmmm .. retribution .. Hmmmm ??

Old 01-10-2014, 05:12 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Poor Christie...lied to by his Deputy Chief of Staff and even his Campaign Manager and appointees at the Port Authority. How they took advantage of this meek and gullible governor.
His own people seem to have absolutely no respect for him.

Well, he still has plenty of time to recover from this for 2016, but this wont help him, that's for sure.

Old 01-10-2014, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
This is going to cause big problems with Christie now as this was a huge issue in the Northeast. Local Pols won't let this one go either. Christie can NOT lose his big popularity in the Northeast if he wants a chance of going to D.C. He is going to have a tough of a time in the South and Central U.S..

Should see the comments on Politico and WSJ, decrying what some now see as "Nixonian-Era Tactics."

Emails tie Chris Christie aides to bridge flap - Elizabeth Titus - POLITICO.com

Christie Aide: 'Time for Some Traffic Problems' - WSJ.com

EDIT: And at this time, Staffers from Cruz's, Paul's, and others offices are going to be all over this. Every single piece of dirt they can find now. Christie is going to feel this one somewhere.
Is it not extremely hypocritical of the media to decry Cristie as using "Nixonian-Era Tactics" when Obama has been using those very same tactics for the last 5 years without a peep from the Messiah worshiping media?

You certainly can expect more of these "Nixonian Era-Tactics" from Republicans in the future. Like the next Republican President will merely declare ObamaCare null and void, and completely ignore Congress and the courts, just like Obama does now. Like I said in the post above, what goes around, comes around. You will reap what you sow.

Old 01-10-2014, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Christie is proving himself to be nothing more than a thug politician that surrounds himself with corrupt employees...
A perfect replacement for the Chicago thug that surrounds himself with corrupt employees currently occupying the White House. I am certain Christie will be every bit as honest and as compassionate as Obama has been when he deliberately lied to the American people and took millions of health care insurance policies from Americans.

Old 01-10-2014, 05:34 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,007,828 times
Well, I am inclined (as always) to give people the benefit of the doubt, hence I believe Governor Christie's claim that was unaware of what those people were doing. He does not strike me as a fool, and only a fool would spend two hours in front of cameras and make such claims if he were, in fact, aware of the closings. Unless other facts come forth, I would advise the Democrats to not focus on this issue in future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies