Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2014, 02:35 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,779,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Deputy chief of staff is not low level, especially when that person was slated to be the chief of staff.
The deputy chief of staff was a MEMBER of the ADMINISTRATION. It does not mean that everyone else that is a MEMBER of the same ADMINISTRATION is corrupt.

Do I have to hold a class and break it down as if I'm educating children?

What part of this don't you understand: An ADMINISTRATION is comprised of several people. When you accuse an ADMINISTRATION of being corrupt you are accusing every member of that administration. And it's wrong to claim people of being corrupt when you don't know if they are or they aren't. You do not know every member of the administration, nor has it been proven that every member of the administration is corrupt.

What's next - will I need to pull out my crayons and draw pictures for you to understand??

Old 01-11-2014, 02:37 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,779,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
The eye roll meant that the post was sarcastic.
I revised that post.

Old 01-11-2014, 02:50 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,849,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
The deputy chief of staff was a MEMBER of the ADMINISTRATION. It does not mean that everyone else that is a MEMBER of the same ADMINISTRATION is corrupt.

Do I have to hold a class and break it down as if I'm educating children?

What part of this don't you understand: An ADMINISTRATION is comprised of several people. When you accuse an ADMINISTRATION of being corrupt you are accusing every member of that administration. And it's wrong to claim people of being corrupt when you don't know if they are or they aren't. You do not know every member of the administration, nor has it been proven that every member of the administration is corrupt.

What's next - will I need to pull out my crayons and draw pictures for you to understand??
That is absolutely true. There are those holding their thumbs down and the others are under those thumbs.

Old 01-11-2014, 02:51 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,117,473 times
Quote:
I said 3 - so I was off by one. I was thinking about the two that resigned before the story broke and the aid that was fired.

Don't take what I say to you so personally. This is the second time you have done that. Do I need to use these ? or make a point that I'm not reacting to what you post, just commenting?
Why would I take your post or any post on this forum personally and I really don't think that any of my posts reflect that I did. Maybe I should use more emoticoms. I think you are overreacting and I was not attempting to negate or diminish your post, just pointing out that this fourth person involved was not "breaking news" as you alluded to in one of your previous posts.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 01-11-2014 at 03:10 PM..

Old 01-11-2014, 02:51 PM

33,555 posts, read 18,147,060 times
What the dems are picking on Christie on a bridge closure.. how laughable..must be a slow news week and nothing better to talk about...

Old 01-11-2014, 02:54 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,260,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
The thing about this bridge thing is that it is yet another symptom of the New York centric attitude. I've seen this several times. Basically, because a vast majority of the media is located in New York, they act like something that happens in New York MUST be of great interest to the rest of the country. Suggesting this hurts Christie's chance for the presidency?? Absurd. The vast majority of the country likely noted the story, noted his apology, and moved on. The only ones seemingly stuck on this story are New Yorkers and media based in New York. At the end of the day, it's just not that big of a story, no matter how some people are trying to manufacture it to be so. Psst...there's a lot more to this country than New York and some traffic jam in New York doesn't impact most of the citizens of this country.
You fail to understand that this is the tip of the Christie iceberg. He has a lonnnnng history of bullying and using his political offices to get revenge on his enemies.

This is not news to anyone here in the Northeast, and it won't be news to all the folks everywhere else in the US quite soon.

And your little snark about NY centric is silly. You have no idea how much trouble that lane closure caused all over the tri-state area, where huge portions of America's economy lives. Talk about "centric." Your post proves you have no clue. Or maybe you're just a CC bot who will do anything to dismiss this. Ah well, anyone who admires thugs like him eventually gets what she deserves.

Old 01-11-2014, 02:57 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,260,816 times
Quote:
Did something happen overnight that I don't know about? Did I miss something on the news? Was there a trial and it was proven that Christie's ADMIN was found guilty of corruption?

I would appreciate a link to support your statement. I'm sure it will make for interesting reading.
Meh. Multiple links upthread. You just skipped over them because you don't want to believe it.

Trust me, this isn't even news to people who watch politics in the northeast. We've known about him for years, including NJ residents who had a choice in 2008 between one incredibly corrupt candidate and another, CC, only slightly less corrupt.

Hell, it's Jersey. How do you think they do things there?

Old 01-11-2014, 02:57 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,165,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
What the dems are picking on Christie on a bridge closure.. how laughable..must be a slow news week and nothing better to talk about...
New Jersey has a history of corruption, so this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, nor do I expect to be surprised if we find out Christie was involved.

Old 01-11-2014, 02:59 PM

2,226 posts, read 2,102,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Some woman from NJ wrote a scathing email to The Port Authority because it was her husband's first day at a new job after being out of work for one year and he arrived over 40 minutes late. There is no excuse for vengeful politics to touch the average tax paying citizen's life in any way.
It was a childish mean thing to do.

Old 01-11-2014, 03:07 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,117,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
So funny, isn't it? Christie and his staff having to answer for a bridge closure of the busiest bridge in the world near the anniversary of 9/11 and that bridge being on the list of possible terrorist attack targets.

Quote:
Sept. 9: The Port Authority closes two of three local access lanes from Fort Lee to the George Washington Bridge, the nation's busiest crossing, bringing traffic to a halt and turning borough streets into a parking lot. Records show Fort Lee Mayor Mark Sokolich calls Port Authority to ask what is happening.

UPDATED: Timeline of Port Authority's George Washington Bridge controversy | NJ.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies